Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
18 answers
1.0K+ views
I'm loving the new excel export option, but I have a question.
To what degree can I control the format of the excel document (row height, column width, etc)? If that is possible, how do I do it? Thanks!
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Aug 2014
1 answer
642 views
Hi Guys

I have one Complex report , with subreport , in that subreport i pass text as parameter
In subreport :
            passed parameter is a html, so i place that text in HTMLText box, if i have big html content it is breaking the htmltext box size and displaying below the footer i.e exceeding the box size and not going to next page

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Aug 2014
2 answers
115 views
If I export to a PDF, it opens in the same window. If I export to a Word document, it forces a download (because there is no plugin). I would like all the exports to act the same way (force download). Is there a way to do this, or do I have to manually do the exports?
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Aug 2014
1 answer
172 views
Hi, i am trying to add expression to a textbox in code. I can easily do it in the design view like ([=Fields.name]). But i want to set this property in code. So how can i do it ?
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2014
1 answer
267 views
I have 2 websites that I am running in localhost. 1 is the main web app and the 2nd is the telerik reporting application.
My connection string looks like this:
Data Source=.\SQLExpress;AttachDbFilename=C:\ODI\ODI_AGBSafety.mdf;Trusted_Connection=Yes;

I keep getting the following error and don't know what to do

"CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master' An attempt to attach an auto-named database for the C:\ODI\Example.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thannks,

Chad
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2014
2 answers
260 views
Hello !

I'm using WPF Telerik Reporting Q2 2014 in my application. In one of my reports, I've a table and a chart. Both of them have a different SqlDataSource ( using parameterized stored procedure). My report DataSource is null.   When I preview the report, it works fine and I can see the data. However, when I render the report in the reportviewer, nothing is being displayed. I'm using the following code:

            Report report = new Report();
            report .ReportParameters["StartDate"].Value = this.StartDate;
            report .ReportParameters["EndDate"].Value = this.EndDate;
            InstanceReportSource reportSource = new InstanceReportSource();       
            reportSource .ReportDocument = report ;
            telerikReportsViewer.ReportSource = reportSource ;

Am I missing anything ? Please guide.
Josh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2014
1 answer
149 views
The release notes say commands and events are exposed on the html5 viewer, where can I find some documentation on those?   I'm not seeing anything about events in the documentation?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2014
1 answer
208 views
 
I generate an Excel file using Telerik reporting Q2 and I want to have a single cell with colored text, e.g., one part of the text to be green, the other blue. Is this possible to be accomplished?

 

Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2014
2 answers
648 views
Hi, I am new to Telerik and am wondering where the best resources for using the Standalone Report Designer with .trdx files are.

The information at http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/standalone-report-designer.html shows very different screenshots than what I see, and http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/quick-start-create-simple-report.html is helpful but only as a brief introduction to setting up a connection.

I have attached a screenshot of what I see in the Report Designer. I am particularly interested in any information on the controls found under the Insert tab.


Thank you for your time,

Ian
Ian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Aug 2014
3 answers
447 views
I want to only show data that appears between the first and last days of last month, how might I do this?

My attempt (not working) is to use "between" logic and the C# methods AddMonths() and AddDays() in an "IIf" expression, showing another field if true and otherwise showing nothing if false:
= IIf(Fields.[Date Last Updated] Between Now().AddMonths(-1) And Now().AddDays(-1), Fields.[The Field I Want to Show], )
Ian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Aug 2014
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?