Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
164 views
<Edit: Sorry, can't change the thread name after the fact. I meant 'ReportViewer'>

We have a customer using an older version of the ReportViewer. We are attempting to implement an SSL offload solution, and the following code is generated on their page:

<script type="text/javascript">
                var ReportViewer1 = new ReportViewer('ReportViewer1','ReportViewer1_ReportToolbar','ReportViewer1_ctl00','ReportViewer1_ctl01_ReportFrame','ReportViewer1_ctl01_PreviewFrame','ReportViewer1_CP', 'http://192.168.1.1:80/Telerik.ReportViewer.axd?instanceid=ca040209b9c8etc&amp;optype=Report', 'http://192.168.1.1:80/Telerik.ReportViewer.axd?instanceid=ca040209b9c8etc&amp;optype=Export', 'http://192.168.1.1:80/Telerik.ReportViewer.axd?instanceid=ca040209b9c8etc&amp;optype=Print', 'Percent', '100', '');
</script>

The traffic has been decrypted on the outside, and sent to the server on port 80. Everything else is using relative links, so the majority of traffic returns as https://192.168.1.1/foo.aspx

These specific resources cause the browser to attempt to connect on port 80, and triggers a popup "This page contains both secure and non-secure items."

They are using version 2.0.0.0.

Ideally, I'd like to present one of two options:

1. They upgrade to the latest version of the ReportViewer, with an assurance that this behavior will not take place. I don't want to put them through the pain of changing their code if it won't fix the problem.

2. There is a workaround within their version that does not write the absolute path on the page.

If there are any other solutions, I'd be happy to hear them. I'm assuming this must have been a common problem for anyone who has tried to convert their sites to SSL.

Thanks.


Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Mar 2009
3 answers
317 views
Hi,
I want to use Telerik reporting in one of my current projects but have run into a slight problem.

The data which will be used to populate reports is stored as HTML fragments in the database as we need to store formatted text. This does not present a particular problem since the web report viewer will be used and here, all the HTML tagged text is displayed correctly. However, when I export the report to PDF, none of the HTML is properly displayed and instead all the actual HTML tags are included in the PDF. This is also the case if the Windows forms viewer is used.

So for example, the web report viewer would display bold text but the PDF file would show <strong>bold text</strong>.

Is there any work around to this?

Regards,
Jonathan
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Mar 2009
1 answer
144 views
I have a report that has a group by 2 fields, the name of the person and a league. as a simple example, the first column is the name and the second the league. how can i suppress the name on lines 2 thru x so it does not repeat. it currently looks like:

susan pelzel        t-ball
susan pelzel        U6
susan pelzel        U8
mike pelzel           t-ball
mike pelzel          U6
mike pelzel          U8


Where i would like it to look like:
susan pelzel        t-ball
                            U6
                            U8
mike pelzel           t-ball
                            U6
                            U8

thanks so much!
susan
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Mar 2009
1 answer
69 views
I created a report then added a report viewer to access it, what I would like to do is pass 2 variables to my report, Is this possible ?
or does the reports only access data files ?

I am very new at this, I did not find anything in the documation about passing variables
if someone could toss me in the correct direction if this can be done or not

thanks
Pete
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Mar 2009
1 answer
363 views
Hi.,
     Here i am facing one problem while generating report.Some times report viewer showing the message 
        'Report processing was cancelled'.it is confused to the user.Needs to ur solution to detactive this message.


Thanks and Regards,
Suresh
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Mar 2009
1 answer
134 views
Hello,

I have a Reportviewer and i want to set my report programatically in the code-behind, as i have 1 report viewer and more reports.
When in design mode i can select a report, but how can i do that in C# code behind?

Thanks.

Peter
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Mar 2009
3 answers
120 views
 I have a textbox that grows so the text within it would need to stretch across two pages when exported to RTF.  However instead of sretching across two pages it moves the entire text box to the next page which results in a large blank space at the bottom of one page.  Is there a way to have the textbox span across two pages?
Thomas Salt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Mar 2009
1 answer
90 views
I am very new to this and have a basic question on how to print
what I am trying to do is print labels, so I created a class with my label design and using another class to pass it variables to be printed, how can I get them to print to a printer, it seems to me that I might need to use the report viewer ?

if someone could please provide a small sample, that would help me a lot.

thanks in advance Pete
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2009
2 answers
150 views
Using Q3 2008 version

I have a report with a variety of user functions. These have worked fine. Today I made some changes in the functions so that they would take more parameters. After recompiling the report preview gives an error message "The expression contains undefined function call..." This is only on the functions that have the added parameters.

Also, and I figure this is related, none of the functions (working or broken) appear  in the "Edit Expression" Editor Instead I get "ReportsClassLib" and ReportsClassLib.My"

I have tried building, cleaning, and rebuilding the solution in various combinations but no luck. What should I try?

Thanks,

Matthew

Matthew Hile
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Mar 2009
4 answers
660 views
 I am using Visual Studio 2008 and Telerik Reporting Q3 2008 SP2.  We are using MySQL as the database backend.


I have pasted this in the query builder, which I can run in MySql with no problems(when I substitute the parameters for real data):

SELECT     oc.GroupOffense, uc.category, SUM(CASE WHEN i.CommittedDt > @StartDtThisYear THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS ArrestsYTD,
                      SUM(CASE WHEN i.CommittedDt BETWEEN @StartDtLASTYEAR AND @EndDtLastYear THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS ArrestsLastYTD
FROM         analytics_incident i JOIN
                      analytics_IncidentCrimeInfo ci ON ci.incidentid = i.incidentid JOIN
                      ucroffensecategory uc ON uc.categoryid = ci.ucr_crime_category JOIN
                      ucroffensecode oc ON oc.categoryid = uc.categoryid
WHERE     oc.GroupOffense = @GroupAB
GROUP BY oc.groupoffense, uc.category

and when I click on Execute Query it gives me this error:
SQL Execution Error.
Executed SQL Statement : SELECT     oc.GroupOffense, uc.category, SUM(CASE WHEN i.CommittedDt > @StartDtThisYear THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS ArrestsYTD,
                      SUM(CASE WHEN i.CommittedDt BETWEEN @StartDtLASTYEA...
Error Source: MySql.Data
Error Message: Fatal error encountered during command execution.

The sql statement runs fine in mySql so why not in the report?

THanks
Christel
Christel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Mar 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?