Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
151 views
I'm a little new to Telerik Reporting, but is there any way to specific default details text to be shown when a parameterized datasource returns no data (i.e. 0  rows).
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2010
1 answer
515 views
Hi All,

I'm generating a report that has some barcodes in it, Code 128 with checksum turned on.

When I scan the barcode it comes back in unsuprisingly with the checksum present within the barcode.  Code 128 seems to be dynamically generated of 123A B and C variants.  What is the code to check the checksum - VB if possible...

Best Regards,

Jon
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2010
1 answer
112 views
I want to be able to set (or reset) the Top property of an existing textbox (named TxtPackage) from .3in to 0in.  I want to do it dynamically in VB.  I tried "TxtPackage.Top =", but nothing I used as the result worked.

Your help, as always, is appreciated.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2010
5 answers
216 views
I'm trying to use ReportViewer control in a Silverlight proyect,but i get an error on design.

Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))

I'm using VS2010 Beta2, Win7, and telerik reporting ver. 2009.3.1211

Do you have a proyect example that i can use, please?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jan 2010
1 answer
184 views
Hello,

I added a reportbook to a report, and this book has 3 reports.  Can I add a report book to a report, or should I create a component as in the sample project, and have it inherit from ReportBook?  Or is there another preferred way?  I can't find much documentation on this, and the demo video says "coming soon", and the web demo comes back to me with a server error...

So I have a report with a key selected from a drop down.  I need to pass this param to each report, and in turn each report should bind its report via its needdatasource event.  I think I gathered that these parameters get merged and displayed from the values of the reports in the book.  What is a proper setup of the reportbook?

Thanks.
Brian Mains
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Jan 2010
5 answers
453 views
Hello,

Go to the report in the browser, in my app, and hit save.  That works OK.  But when I go to change the params and hit the preview button, it's not firing the needdatasource event.  So I was wondering if there is something else I need to do in order for that to happen?  Do I need to force a postback, or something?

Thanks.
Brian Mains
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Jan 2010
1 answer
87 views
How do I secure the WCF services used for the Silverlight Reporting control? I couldn't find anything in the documentation other than enabling SSL, so I am unsure why anyone who knows the URL can't access the WCF services?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jan 2010
3 answers
315 views
Hi,

I created a report using Telerik Reporting Q3.
The first problem is; my header and detail column are not aligned. (As you can see from the attachment.)
I have set canGrow and canShrink to true in all textboxes.

And my second problem is, as you can see from the attachment, the heigth of the textboxes grew much more than needed.

am i doing something wrong?

Thank you.

hll
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Jan 2010
1 answer
243 views
Hey Everyone,

Is it possible to read an excel file with asp.net and telerik reporting.

Thanks,

-zd
Schlurk
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Jan 2010
4 answers
589 views
Hello,

I am running a report I built and I get:

An error has occurred while processing Report '':
Specific cast is not valid.

How am I supposed to debug this?  I have no idea what is causing this.
Brian Mains
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Jan 2010
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?