Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
216 views
Hello.
Is it possible to make a (pie) chart on a report interactive?
I want user to be able to click on a slice and to load another report, with a parameter = slice-related value.
Couldn't find that so far.

Thanks
---
Mike
Mike Shilkov
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Feb 2011
1 answer
123 views
I am new to reporting.  I am creating a report using report wizard, all the records display correct in preview and asp.net report viewer.  But when I add a table or a crosstab, index was out of range (System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException) is thown in asp.net report viewer. but preview in design mode is fine.
 
Please help.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2011
1 answer
313 views
I have some text files with japanese text in them and display them on a report.  I have a user function bound to a textbox.  But the text is jibberish... See attachment one.  I set the culture to Japanese and the Language to Japanese.... What am I missing?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2011
5 answers
308 views
Currently, it seems you can only use User Functions that are declared at the current report level.  All of the reports I make extend from a custom "BaseReport" (that itself extends from Telerik.Reporting.Report).  Within this BaseReport class I have static methods that I would like to use as User Functions.

Is there a way (without duplicating code in all my ancestor classes), to use methods in base classes as User Functions?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2011
1 answer
63 views
Hi,

I have this problem with a aria graph, I put it in a panel and set it's margins to 0. In the designer it show perfect (see designer.png) in the silvelight it does not show stretched (see image).

Regards, 
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2011
5 answers
464 views
I have one master report with 12 sub-reports in it.  When I run the report which is 8.5 x 11 letter paper the report shows as one huge page.  I just need to find out how to page properly between letter-sized pages.  I'm not too concerned where the pages break within the sub-reports but I would like to keep certain sub-report detail t
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2011
1 answer
290 views
How can I count how many records per group by item.
ex:
group by Category         count Subcategory           
------------------------------------------------------------------
Category1                              2 (sub1,sub2)                                            
Category2                              3 (sub3,sub4,sub5)          

                                                   
Thanks
J Do
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Feb 2011
1 answer
239 views
I need to test some extensive code behind logic for a report I am developing, so I added a Windows form project to my solution that contains the class library with the report in it.  I added the necessary reference to my code library and set the window form as the start up form.  I added the Report Viewer and the correct reference to my report in the Report property.  So far no problem.  When I attempt to generate the report however, I get the following message "An error has occurred while processing Report 'report object name'  Unable to establish connection to the database." etc.  I have verified my database connection.  I have no problem previewing the report from my class library.  It generates just fine but with invalid data, thus the need to single step through my logic.  What am I missing in setting up this testing environment.  thanks in advance.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2011
1 answer
347 views

I've got a Telerik report that was compiling and previewing just fine until I added the most recent data source, a SQL Server view that provides data to several of the crosstabs. The data source itself works fine; when I "configure" it in the Data Source section I can execute the query and return correct results. So I don't know if the data source is the problem, but as soon as I added the data source, changed the formulas and filters in the crosstabs to refer to them (instead of the old data source) and then tried to run the report, I got this error:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "PDS.reports_13monthrollingweb.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "PDS" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed."

I'd be happy to do all that if I knew what it meant. :) How do I make sure the ".resources" file is correctly embedded into the solution ("PDS"), and/or what are satellite assemblies and how do I know if they are loadable and fully signed?

Thanks.

Addendum: Digging around in other reports, I notice they don't have SQL data sources listed in their .resx file. In this report, none of the other SQL data sources are in the .resx file, but the new one is (see attached). Should I just remove it? Why is it appearing there when the others aren't?

Rose
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Feb 2011
2 answers
179 views
Hello Telerik,

I am creating a chart from a SQL datasource.  I have two series that are bound to columns on the datasource.  If I preview the chart, it looks good and the chart matches the data.  My next step is to display my own custom X-Axis labels.  I do this by setting PlotArea.XAxis.AutoScale = false and create the items manually.  However when I do this and preview the chart, the chart does not look correct (the line does not match the data from the database).

This forum post seems to be related: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet/chart/trouble-with-custom-xaxis-labels.aspx
It suggests that I do not set the xvalue inside my chart series.  However, I am adding the series by binding to a datasource, so I do not see how to make this work in my case.

Here is my code:
//set the datasource
chart1.DataSource = this.sqlDataSource1;
//COMMENT OUT THIS SECTION AND THE CHART LOOKS GOOD
//add new xaxis series items
chart1.PlotArea.XAxis.AutoScale = false;
chart1.PlotArea.XAxis.AddRange(1, 7, 1);
chart1.PlotArea.XAxis[0].TextBlock.Text = "12/1/10";
chart1.PlotArea.XAxis[1].TextBlock.Text = "12/5/10";
chart1.PlotArea.XAxis[2].TextBlock.Text = "12/10/10";
chart1.PlotArea.XAxis[3].TextBlock.Text = "12/15/10";
chart1.PlotArea.XAxis[4].TextBlock.Text = "12/20/10";
chart1.PlotArea.XAxis[5].TextBlock.Text = "12/25/10";
chart1.PlotArea.XAxis[6].TextBlock.Text = "12/30/10";
  
//add the series 1
ChartSeries seriesAvg = new ChartSeries();
seriesAvg.DataYColumn = "Average";
seriesAvg.Type = ChartSeriesType.Area;
seriesAvg.DefaultLabelValue = "";
chart1.Series.Add(seriesAvg);
//add the series 2
ChartSeries seriesMax = new ChartSeries();
seriesMax.DataYColumn = "Max";
seriesMax.Type = ChartSeriesType.Line;
seriesMax.DefaultLabelValue = "";
chart1.Series.Add(seriesMax);


Am I doing this totally wrong, or is there a work around?

Thanks, Chris
Chris Ward
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Feb 2011
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?