This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

radtilelist

6 Answers 155 Views
TileList
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Radian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Radian asked on 20 Jul 2015, 10:44 AM
i want to set radtilelist in sequence either horizontally or vertically.  Cn u pls tell me. 

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Radian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jul 2015, 04:46 AM
Actually iafter drag and drop one image to particular location. Remaining images must be move in sequence that can be vertical or horizontal......So pls hlp me
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jul 2015, 08:23 AM
Hi,

RadTileList mimics the Windows 8 start menu and thus tiles flow down then to the right.

In case you need the tiles to go to the right, you can consider standalone tiles: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/tilelist/examples/standalonetiles/defaultcs.aspx. From a layout point of view, they are divs with float: left and display: inline-block. You can generate them programmatically by looping through your data.

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Brian Azzi
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 14 Sep 2016, 08:48 PM

I'm really struggling with this... no matter what I do, my tile list is populating data first across, then down in columns whenever there is more than one row. I'm not getting a consistent data flow like the demos where it installs across a row, then to another row, and so on...

I see this... say the width is wide enough for 3 tiles... as I insert tiles:

1 2 3

1 3 4

1 3 5

2 4

Instead of what everyone expects:

1 2 3

4 5

So frustrating! 

I'm databinding on the client using the RadClientDataSource. Just to be sure I also duplicated my sample data into a javascript variable and directly bound that as well. AHHH.

Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 19 Sep 2016, 05:24 AM
Hello Brian,

Test if adding the following css sample to the bottom of the page where the tile list is loaded will solve your problem:
.RadTileList {
        height: auto !important;
        width: auto !important;
        overflow-x: hidden;
    }

.RadTileList .rtlistGroup, .RadTileList .rtlistGroupSeparator, .RadTileList .rtlistWrapper {
        float: none;
        clear: both;
    }

.RadTileList .rtlistGroupSeparator {
        width: auto;
        height: 30px;
        margin: 10px 0;
    }

.RadTileList .rtlistWrapper {
    }

.RadTileList .rtlistScrollWrapper {
    }

This is is modified version of the css customization of the RadTileList, when it is rendered in Mobile RenderMode and the screen is with max-width 768 px. Here is the original css:
@media only screen and (max-width: 768px) {
  .RadTileList.rtlistResponsive {
    height: auto !important;
    overflow-x: hidden; }
    .RadTileList.rtlistResponsive .rtlistGroup, .RadTileList.rtlistResponsive .rtlistGroupSeparator, .RadTileList.rtlistResponsive .rtlistWrapper {
      float: none;
      clear: both; }
    .RadTileList.rtlistResponsive .rtlistGroupSeparator {
      width: auto;
      height: 30px;
      margin: 10px 0; }
    .RadTileList.rtlistResponsive .rtlistWrapper {
      width: 100vw; }
    .RadTileList.rtlistResponsive .rtlistScrollWrapper {
      width: auto !important; }}

If this does not help, please provide me with a code sample and step by step scenario explaining the current and expected behavior. I will review it and advise you further.

Regards,
Stanimir
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Brian Azzi
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Sep 2016, 06:42 PM

That seems to have done the trick! (At least with my dummy test data... I can clearly see that it now flows horizontally first).

Thanks!!! Much appreciated. As a suggestion, it would be really nice to have a property of some sort to enable this layout type in a future version. : )   

Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 20 Sep 2016, 06:36 AM
Hi Brian,

Thank you for the suggestion about the property. I am not sure if we will create such one as we will be bound to officially  support this configuration. However I think that we will be able to create a public resource showcasing this scenario.

Regards,
Stanimir
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
TileList
Asked by
Radian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Radian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team