This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadTabStrip disappears

4 Answers 84 Views
TabStrip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jan Montano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jan Montano asked on 14 May 2009, 10:02 AM
We're using a RadTabStrip and iframes.

Unfortunately, after selecting a date in a RadDatePicker (inside an iframe), the whole tabstrip just disappears.

I guess I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. I fount this link earlier but got no solution -> http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet/tabstrip/radtabstrip-disappears.aspx

Thank you very much.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alex Lawson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 May 2009, 10:29 AM
Hi,

I am not a Telerik guy but I have found a few workarounds for the postback\tabstrip which might help...

When setting\validating a date I found using the ondateselected event generates a postback, so opted for client side code such as:

function SetToday(strControl) 
    var datePicker = $find(strControl); 
    date = new Date();         
    date.setDate(date.getDate()); 
    datePicker.set_selectedDate(date); 

then use the simplest implementation of the control I can.

With the tabstrip, I tend to use onclienttabselected and onclienttabselecting to capture save\load events - then either physically save the data or store an it as XML in a asp:hidden field.  I find that this allows me more granualr control of the tab loading process which works in several scenarios.

Example saving content displayed in iframe (subform implements 'update' js method):

function FinishingTabSelected(sender, args) 
  // Initialise 

FinishingViewProcess(selectedTab.get_value(), selectedTab.get_text());     

function FinishingTabSelecting(sender, args) 
  if (window.frames.ifmFinishingSegment) 
  { 
    // save 
    window.frames.ifmFinishingSegment.Update(); 

} 

Anyway this is how I do it, but obviously this is influenced by project requirements and interface behaviour.

Jan Montano
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 May 2009, 03:08 AM
Hi Alex,

Thank you very much for the reply.

How are you using the SetToday function?

Here's the control I'm using:

<telerik:RadDatePicker Calendar-FastNavigationSettings-EnableTodayButtonSelection="true" Calendar-ShowRowHeaders="False" ID="ctrlPlanLastAmended" runat="server" AllowEmpty="true" Skin="Gray" EnableEmbeddedSkins="true">
<DateInput ID="DateInput22" runat="server" DateFormat="dd-MMM-yyyy"><ClientEvents OnError="HandleError" /></DateInput>
</telerik:RadDatePicker>

And I am not implementing an ondateselected event for the said control. Would your workaround apply in my scenario?
Alex Lawson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 May 2009, 10:37 AM
Hi Jan,

I have tried your defined control within my iframe setup and have been unable to replicate the disappearing tabs issue, sorry about that.

Are you loading an aspx, or user control into the iframe?  I am loading aspx files into mine, embedded within a div.

If you would like to post the control I can look at it further for you.

Oh and I call the SetToday function from a button click, or users wanted an easy way of defaulting the date without clicking into the calender.
Condorito
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jun 2009, 08:10 PM
Hi Jan,

We are also having a similar problem with the tabstrip simply disappearing.  It's frustrating to say the least, since we don't get any error messages.  For us it happens after RadWindows are displayed before certain tabs are loaded.  We also have a skin chooser control (forgot what it's called exactly) and sometimes when changing skins from the dropdown, the tabstrip will disappear, or when we page a grid inside the tabstrip. 
Tags
TabStrip
Asked by
Jan Montano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alex Lawson
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jan Montano
Top achievements