This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadGrid Q3 2009 and MOSS 2007

3 Answers 101 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
J
Top achievements
Rank 1
J asked on 30 Dec 2009, 08:05 PM
Ok, I seem to be having some trouble getting my webpart to include a RadGrid and show up on my MOSS 2007 site.  I made references to Telerik.Web.Design (version 2009.3.1103.20) and also Telerik.Web.UI (version 2009.3.1103.20). Here is a sample of the code that I'm basically uploading:

using System;  
using System.Runtime.InteropServices;  
using System.Web.UI;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;  
using System.Xml.Serialization;  

using Telerik.Web.UI;  

using Microsoft.SharePoint;  
using Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls;  
using Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages;  

namespace tdRadGridDocuments  
{  
    [Guid("64992D37-4BF7-4a9d-886F-084B94073071")]  
    public class RadGridDocuments : System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPart  
    {  
        public RadGridDocuments()  
        {  
        }  

protected override void CreateChildControls()  
        {  
            base.CreateChildControls();  

//  Create RadGrid   
            RadGrid objDocuments = new RadGrid();  

RadScriptManager objScriptManager = new RadScriptManager();  

this.Controls.Add(objScriptManager);  
            this.Controls.Add(objDocuments);  

}  
    }  

Am I approaching this the write way?  I think I would just like to add the RadGrid but I think this version requires a ScriptManger control to be added before?  When I navigate to the page in Sharepoint that contains the WebPart I get the generic 'Error loading Page' screen with the specific error seems to be 'File Not Found'. 

J

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
J
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Dec 2009, 09:27 PM
Ok as an update, I changed my dll's to be 2009.1.318.35, so its not the AJAX version.  My IDE is VS 2008 framework 3.5, but even after changing out the dll's I still get a 'file not found' error?  If adding controls programatically via a webpart, do I also need to include a javascript reference? 

J
Accepted
Yavor
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jan 2010, 09:03 AM
Hello J,

When using the controls in a SharePoint environment, you need to perform some additional steps, in order to make sure the setup works as expected. Additional information on the matter, you can see in the resources supplied below:

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/moss-incorporate-radcontrols-in-moss-sites.html
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/create-ajax-enabled-sharepoint-webpart-radcontrols.html

I hope this gets you started properly.

Regards,
Yavor
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
J
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jan 2010, 02:35 PM
Thanks Yavor, those links pointed me in the right direction.  One thing to note is that I choose to follow the article titled "Extending your MOSS site with Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX 3.5" and had a problem following the blog by Mike Ammerlaan. The problem was that his article was written for AJAX 1.0 not 2.0 (which works with .Net 3.5).  The fix I found was to indeed follow his article step by step but instead of using version number 1.0.61025.0 was to use version 3.5.0.0. 

J
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
J
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
J
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yavor