This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadGrid issue after updating from 2012.3.1308.40 to 2013.2.717.40

4 Answers 40 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dave asked on 28 Aug 2013, 05:11 PM
Just wondering if there are any known issues?

Basically, after selecting a row in RadGrid, with post-back on client select, I am getting reference to the row, and the columns that are hidden / not visible, return a value of "&nbsp" rather than the actual value.

Simply:

GridDataItem item = (GridDataItem)RadGridSchedules.SelectedItems[0];
string id = item["myFieldValue"].Text;

id will be " " with  2013.2.717.40 but when I switch the DLL's to 2012.3.1308.40 it's the expected value.  That's the ONLY change I make back and forth and it fixes / breaks. 

I can't move forward with an update if there are breaks or changes!

Anyone?

Thanks,

Dave

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Aug 2013, 07:20 AM
Hi Dave,

I guess you are setting Visible="false in your code.Please make sure that you have set Display="false" rather than Visible="false" to the columns,so that its value can be accessed in the code behind.

Thanks,
Princy
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Aug 2013, 12:49 PM
Yes, I checked and it is Visible="false".  I actually have 36 instances of this throughout my application.

So this property is not consistently used throughout Telerik controls?  I Found all instances of Visible="false" and changed to Display="false" and didn't work for some types of controls.  

This is concerning that behavior has changed....

I would assume that updates to the Telerik controls FIX issues and ADD functionality, but changing behavior on things that were working a certain way, is not what I would expect.

So I identified this one change, what else am I going to find?

I'm not even thinking it's worth upgrading, since I have to determine which controls used Visible and which ones use Display.  Seems like RadTextBox doesn't work with Display, not sure what else, but my application was totally messed up after a blanket changing of all instance of Visible="false" to Display="false", so it is back to how it was.

Or does Display NOT work the same in the old version?

Thanks,

Dave
Jayesh Goyani
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Aug 2013, 01:17 PM
Hello,

Display Property worked same in your both version.

Please check the below link for more info:

Breaking change: Hidden column cell text is not persisted in ViewState

Thanks.
Jayesh Goyani
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Aug 2013, 05:38 PM
Jayesh--

Thanks for the details.  That makes me feel a little better.  I was able to narrow it down to RadGrid specifically and update all of my settings to use Display rather than Visible.  Looks to be working well.

I just hope there aren't any other breaking changes....

I've updated once again to the latest version.

Thanks,

Dave
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2