This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadDatePicker: Remove 1/1/1980 MinDate default?

1 Answer 787 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jeremy Yoder
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jeremy Yoder asked on 24 Apr 2014, 10:27 PM

On the RadDatePicker control, having the MinDate default set to only 1/1/1980 -- which is by design -- is bizarre.

Now that we learned about it (via customer complaint that threw a big generic error message across the page) it's annoying to set all my MinDates to a far less value. Any reason you can't make it at least 1/1/1900 or 1/1/1000?

Also, are there any other Telerik date controls with this odd limitation? I want to know so I can change them all as well, rather than have a customer discover it.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vasil
Telerik team
answered on 29 Apr 2014, 08:49 AM
Hello Jeremy,

The DateInput, Calendar, and DatePicker have the same default MinDate. You can use the property to change it to any desired value.

We can not change the default value of the MinDate property, because it will affect pages that are relying on this already.

If you want to set it globally for your site, you can use ControlAdapter. Define such adapter for your DatePicker, override the Load or Init and set MinDate.

Let us know if you need further information.

Regards,
Vasil
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Jeremy Yoder
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vasil
Telerik team
Share this question
or