If you have a licence, then the licence holder must contact us via a formal support ticket. Alternatively, ask him to add you as a developer to the licence and send us a support ticket afterwards.
The release history is as follows:
BUG: fixed support for Chrome browser
BUG: fix for the convertfonttospan filter
BUG: fixed a problem with full page html and the convertToXHTML filter turned off
BUG: fixed a problem with Firefox and contex menus/dropdowns when the editor is shown after an ajax request.
BUG: fixed a couple of problems where relative URLs become absolute
BUG: fixed a problem with alt attribute in images
BUG: fixed a problem with flash content in Firefox
BUG: fixed an IE problem with flash urls (when they contain hebrew characters)
BUG: fixed an IE problem with links/emails of the type <a href="http://XX.XX.XX.XX/">www.yyyyy.com</a> and stripabsoluteanchorpaths is false
BUG: fixed an IE problem with the relative URLs
BUG: updated the Ajax Spell checker tool to ignore special content (e.g. scripts)
BUG: fixed a bug in the indent HTML filter when there are $ characters inside scripts in the editor content
BUG: fixed a Firefox 3 bug when pasting content in the editor
BUG: fixed an IE problem when inserting empty paragraphs (they were not rendered correctly)
BUG: fixed an IE problem with XHTML client filter (align attribute, empty href attribute)
BUG: Fixed a problem with the UseClassicDialogs property and the RadSpell editor dialog
BUG: Fixed some problems with the editor in design-time (Visual Studio 2005 and 2008)
BUG: Fixed a problem when clicking the Paste button and the editor is not focused
BUG: Fixed a bug with style tags in Firefox
BUG: Fixed problems with Section 508 compliance, XHTML compliance
BUG: Fixed a problem when there is only a single flash object in the content
BUG: Fixed a problem with anchors when StripAbsoluteAnchorPaths is false
BUG: Fixed some problems in the HTML indentation filter
BUG: Fixed problem with extra attributes appearing on some elements(originalAttribute, originalPath)
BUG: Fixed an issue with escaping quotes when stripabsolutepaths is set to false
BUG: Script tags are now stripped when pasting content and allowscripts is false
BUG: fixed a problem with the shouwonfocus/pagetop toolbar modes and full screen mode
BUG: margins are no longer removed when pasting content from word.
BUG: fixed a problem with font tags with size="+0"
BUG: fixed a JS exception when exiting the table dialog
BUG: fixed a problem with scripts inside comment tags
BUG: fixed a problem with nested lists in Mozilla Firefox
BUG: fixed a problem with links in the form "www.*" on Internet Explorer
BUG: fixed a problem in Internet Explorer and replacing text inside a textarea
- BUG: Editor designer error when opening the smart tag
- BUG: fix a width problem when the editor is inside a table
- BUG: problem with the convertToXhtml filter
- BUG: <noscript> tags are no longer stripped in IE
- BUG: fixed a problem with bad html content, which caused Internet Explorer to freeze
- BUG: CSS style text is now converted to lowercase (for XHTML compliance)
- BUG: the editor will no longer use the background image from the containing page
- BUG: moving the editor sometimes caused a crash in Firefox
- BUG: fixed a problem with validation
- FEATURE: improved the full screen implementation
- FEATURE: New content filters architecture that addresses a number of advanced scenarios, especially in Mozilla, which resulted in problems with producing XHTML content.
- BUG: In IE in some scenarios when pasting content whose formatting needs to be cleaned, the page would flicker during the paste.
- BUG: The editor would not work properly in AJAX scenarios, such as autosave, when the editor's edit mode happened to be HTML instead of Design
- BUG: In Mozilla browsers, due to a bug in the browser when the editor is moved in the DOM or when the editor is rendered invisible and then shown, it would not be editable.
- FEATURE: The FileUpload event is now raised before the file is saved. The file save can be canceled by returning false by the handler.
- BUG: ignore <,>, and & when pasting as plain text
- BUG: UseEmbeddedScripts can now be set from the configuration
- BUG: Improvement of PasteHtml functionality in Opera
- BUG: Improvement on restoring the selection properly in IE and Mozilla
before pasting the result from a dialog
- BUG: encode > as well as < in attribute values
- BUG: additional check for the selected element in a Tab command
- Added code for getting the Skin property from the web.config setting when it was not explicitly set
- safari 2.x and 3.0 compatibility improvements
- updated Xhtml validator module code
- fixed lost 'selected' attribute in 'option' elements with Xhtml on
- fixed a problem with Firefox 18.104.22.168+ and google ads - addEventListener security restriction
- trim the upload and delete paths as well. Until now only the view paths were trimmed.
- fontsize tools enabled in Safari 3.0
- Firefox - fixed a problem with BackColor command not being properly restored when Redo was executed
- fixed a problem with multiple flash files in non-IE browsers
- IE - Ipplemented workaround for a bug in IE that converts imagemap area attribute values to uppercase, which is not valid XHTML.
- fixed an error, which sometimes prevented links from working in Safari
- The client-side editor events properties can now be set in the configuration file as well.
- Link manager fix for emails with & in their subject
- IE when NewLineBR = true, and the user presses Enter while cursor is inside or at the end of a H1-H6 element, the resulting HTML was not be the same as when the property is turned off.
- fixed A problem in IE when moving / draging images that are surrounded by links.
- fixed a problem where the editor will throw a "RadControls directory not found" exception if there is no Internet connection
1. Trial version assemblies have different descriptions now to help distinguish them from the developer ones.
1. When pasting content from Word and choosing Cancel, the content would still appear modified. This was due to IE autaomatically stripping some of the formatting if paste was performed on the range, rather than on the document.
2. ConvertToXhtml = true. Problem when using iframe tags. After switching back and forth to HTML mode and back the content after the IFRAME would disappear. Fixed.
3. ConvertToXhtml=true. IE7-only problem. When an image map is created, and an image area's href does not start with "http:", the browse would prepand the href with "about:". FIXED
4. ConvertToXhtml=true. Now custom XML and ASP.NET tags within the HTML are properly preserved.
5. Code in LoadPostData would not check for the __EVENTTARGET - thus when multiple editors existed on page and Cancel was called for one of them, result was that it was executed for all of them
6. Inserting an editable form element from the InsertForm dropdown would require double click to edit it. Now most of the elements gain the focus automatically.
1. Fixed a problem with StripFormattingOnPaste. The current implementation would not respect more than one stripping option set, e.g - Font, Css, Span, MsWord - ot would only pick up the first value.
2. Fixed a problem with StripFormattingOnPaste - editor would replace instances with whitespace, which resulted in changed layout of some Word documents.
3. Fixed a problem with Mozilla, when editing a page in full HTML mode (with <html> tags) - some of the <script> tags would be stripped by the browser.
4. Fixed a problem in Safari - when the editor or a parent of its were hidden, and then made visible - the editor would not allow editing of content. Now it will work, but its SetVisible(true) method must be called explicitly for the editor to initialize properly.
5. In IE LinkManager dialog would show relative links now (rather than showing absolute URLs)
1. Due to a bug in IE in following scenario: <P><STRONG>whatever </STRONG>text I want in here.</P>,
style would be incorrectly applied, because the range's start element would be <STRONG>, not <P>. Fixed.
2. A problem in Mozilla + AJAX on initial load. Fixed.
3. Added support in XHTML filter to always set an alt attribute in IMG elements
4. Fixed a problem with colorpicker. If user would chose a color, then use the colorpicker, then tryies to add a custom color, but decides to press cancel - the last chosen color would apply to the selection. Now problem is fixed - no color is applied when user cancels the custom / hex color popup.
5. Mozilla - Two problems with NewLineBr = false under Mozilla fixed. Improved behavior when hitting Enter in scenarios with lists and tables.
6. Pasting content in Mozilla problem in some senarios - BODY element is destroyed. In scenarios where the container is BODY it is not good to go to parent node! Fixed.
7. In Mozilla scenarios where the content is not well formed and there are child bold elements within other bold tags, the B to STRONG regex would not perform well.
8. Added support for UseClassicDialogs to radSpell inside of radEditor. At present, the spell was not configured properly and would always render inside of "r.a.d.window" dialog
r.a.d.editor 7.0.1 (Q4 2006 SP1, 2007/01/24)
1) Compatible with ASP.NET AJAX 1.0
2) Fixed: Document/Template Manager - when the Insert button clicked immediately after an upload (expecting to insert the selected item), nothing (or empty link) was inserted
3) Fixed: Paste - with IE7 the pasted content was not inserted in the exact cursor position.
4) Fixed: FindReplace Dialog - browser crash.
5) Fixed: RadSpell used RadControls/Spell/Skins/Default skin instead of its embedded skin.
6) Changed: the Language property is now marked with [Localizable] attribute.
r.a.d.editor 7.0 (Q4 2006, 2006/12/21)
- New tool and spellchecking mechanism - AjaxSpellCheck, allowing the user to visually correct mistaken words right inside the content area, using AJAX to provide smooth spellchecking experience.
- New r.a.d.spell integrated - r.a.d.spell 3.0
- Unified content in Mozilla and IE - eliminated a number of existing differences in the content produced in one or the other browser. Now the same commands would produce the same HTML.
- Improvements in ApplyClass and FormatBLock tools in more advanced scenarios with selection, greatly adding to user experience.
- Mozilla - Find & Replace dialog implementation
- Mozilla - support for seeing FLASH files in edit mode under Mozilla (a Flash image appears that allows for resizing and keeps the overall page visual layout)
- Safari - "ApplyClass" tool support
- Updated to work with the latest MS ASP.NET AJAX release.
- Safari - scrollbars would not appear properly in the tools' dropdowns.
- Mozilla - ConvertToXhtml, inserting an empty TEXTAREA object would "cut off" the closing tag.
- IE7 - Pasting does not show a warning message anymore.
- More scenarios with sizing and resizing the editor in IE using percentage and different DOCTYPE settings.
- A number of minor bugs reported since Q3 fixed.
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans?
Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed?
Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items