This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problems with Boolean Parameters After Update to 2018 R1

1 Answer 118 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jason Mobley
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jason Mobley asked on 22 Jan 2018, 08:52 PM

I have multiple reports that have boolean parameters where I use a binding to show/hide certain items on my reports.  

For example:  I have a boolean parameter called 'Hide Actions' that will show/hide a text box.  The binding on visibility is =IIf(Parameters.HideActions.Value = True, True, False).  

This has always worked for me.  But I recently upgraded to Reporting 2018 R2 and I am getting an error.

exceptionMessage:"An error has occurred while executing function GetData(). Check InnerException for further information."
exceptionType:"Telerik.Reporting.Expressions.InvalidExpressionException"

I know this parameter is the issue because when I remove the parameter and binding on the text box, the report will work.  Is this a known behavior?

Your help is appreciated.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Katia
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jan 2018, 08:32 AM
Hello Jason,

This is not a known issue and my attempts to reproduce it locally were unsuccessful as well. My guess is that the issue is related to some specific settings of the report.

Therefore, I have opened a support ticket #1149762 on your behalf where you can attach the problematic report for our further investigation. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

If any of our community members is experiencing the same issue please share your experience in this thread.

Regards,
Katia
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jason Mobley
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Katia
Telerik team
Share this question
or