This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem with installing RadControls Q3 2009

2 Answers 78 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
J
Top achievements
Rank 1
J asked on 01 Dec 2009, 01:42 PM
I tried to install RadControls Q3 2009 but get the following error when I run this code:
using System;  
using System.Runtime.InteropServices;  
using System.Web.UI;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;  
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;  
using System.Xml.Serialization;  
using Microsoft.SharePoint;  
using Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls;  
using Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages;  
using Telerik.Web.UI;  

namespace WebPart1  
{  
    [Guid("d7ac1371-a8aa-447e-a721-0ab32fc667e8")]  
    public class WebPart1 : System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPart  
    {  
        public WebPart1()  
        {  
        }  

protected override void CreateChildControls()  
        {  
            base.CreateChildControls();  

// TODO: add custom rendering code here.  
            RadGrid rg1 = new RadGrid();  

SPWeb web = SPContext.Current.Web;  

SPList list = web.Lists[0];  

rg1.DataSource = list.Items;  
            rg1.DataBind();  

this.Controls.Add(rg1);  
        }  
    }  

Here is the error I get:
The type 'System.Web.UI.IScriptControl' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutralPublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.   

The error seems to be that I dont have version 3.5.0.0 of the System.Web.Extensions dll.  Ok fair enough, but I thought to get
this version you'd have to download Ajax Extension from asp.net and it would create a folder in the path C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions with a new 2.0 folder?  All I seem to have is a folder v1.0.61025, in this folder is a System.Web.Extensions.dll version 1.0.61231.0.  Where do you get this 3.5.0.0 version?

Jason

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
J
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Dec 2009, 02:33 PM
Ok I did find the file but not in 
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions
instead i found it in
C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5

Not sure why exactly the ASP.NET extensions i downloaded from asp.net didnt install it but oh well.  I can compile the previous code but I havent actually tried to deploy yet.  Havent made any changes to my web.config file according to http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/moss-install-aspnet-ajax-35.html

Anyway let me see how it goes.

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 01 Dec 2009, 04:06 PM
Hello J,

I could not completely understand your configuration and whether you are using .NET 2.0 and VS 2005 or .NET 3.5 and VS 2008. If you are using the VS 2005 with .NET 2.0 you should download teh mentioned Ajax Extensions assembly and reference it in your project. If yiou have already installed it, you should have a new template site added - you should create a new AjaxEnabledWebSite and everything should work fine. The Telerik.Web.UI.dll you should use is from the Bin folder of the pacjage.

If you are using .NET 3.5 with VS 2008, you do not need to download anything - AJAX is enabled by default in this case. All you should do is to make sure that you have used the Telerik.Web.UI.dll from the Bin35 folder of the installation package.

It is important to pay attention from which folder you take the Telerik.Web.UI.dll because, e.g if you put the dll from the Bin35 folder in an ajax enabled .NET 2.0 site, you will get error messages.

I hope that my explanations are helpful, in case you experience any further problems, do not hesitate to contact us again!

All the best,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
J
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
J
Top achievements
Rank 1
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team