This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Pasting problem in editor (DLL version 2014.1.403.45)

7 Answers 103 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Marja
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marja asked on 29 Jan 2015, 05:03 PM
This afternoon, we upgraded our Telerik assemblies from version 2014.1.403.45 to version 2014.3.1209.45.
We made no code changes or anything in our own application. We merely upgraded to the new Telerik assemblies.

Since then, pasting in the editor does not work anymore. No error messages.... just nothing.

Browser is irrelevant: it's not working in Chrome, nor in IE11, nor in Firefox., etc.

What might be causing this? And how can we solve it (other than returning to the previously used assembly version)?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marja
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jan 2015, 05:11 PM
Sorry, subject line for this thread is not correct. The problem is in DLL version 2014.3.1209.45.
Marja
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Feb 2015, 12:35 PM
A reply from Telerik people would be most appreciated!
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2015, 06:22 AM
Hi Marja,

Could you please provide more details about the scenario leading to this issue? With a basic usage of the RadEditor I am unable to reproduce it.

Also, you can try if the same is reproducible with this online demo and get back with the exact steps, so that I could recreate the encountered behavior on my end.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Feb 2015, 12:39 PM
hi marja,
i found a similar problem when upgrading to the same dll versions. what i found out using mozilla firebug, was, that the call to pastHTML raises a javascript error "$telerik.$.observable is not a functionLine 22255 ", and no content is pasted. it seems that is has to do something with the internal loading of jquery library in the telerik controls. i still try to figure out why this happens, but it seems that the scriptmanager is causing some problems. when enabling CDN script download, i get a "$telerik is undefined" error on page load, (at the location where $telerik.$ is created for using jquery), but the strange thing is, that otherwise, pasteHTML is working properly then.
regards,
peter  
Marja
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Feb 2015, 01:41 PM
Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply!
I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this problem, and that you've been able to shed some light on what's happening behind the scenes in the browser.

We also use jQuery in our web application. At this point we're using jQuery release 1.10.2. Maybe that has something to do with it.
A conflict between jQuery versions maybe?

I hope the Telerik developers will fix this issue for the next release. Until then we will keep using the 2014.1.403.45 assemblies.

Best regards, Marja
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Feb 2015, 03:24 PM
hi marja,

after more debugging i found that in my case it has something to do with RequiredFieldValidators.
i have 3 textboxes with requiredfieldvalidators and two radeditors on the page. when i enable more than one of the validators,
the error "$telerik.$.observable is undefined" occures, and pasteHtml does no action. still not sure why this happens, but it must be something with loaded scripts not playing well together.
regards, peter 
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 12 Feb 2015, 05:58 AM
Hi Marja and Peter,

According to the information provided so far, here you are some more details on the matter.

About jQuery, to use jQuery library you should always consider using the same jQuery version fetched by the Telerik.Web.UI assembly. Programmatic  interference with the controls using a different version of the JS library may lead to such unexpected behavior. You can find more troubleshooting information and details related to jQuery in this documentation section -  Using jQuery.

As of the issue regarding the validation controls, it is a well known matter, related to ASP.NET Unobtrusive validation, you can find more details about it in this help article - jQuery Troubleshooting

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Editor
Asked by
Marja
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marja
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ianko
Telerik team