This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Office2013 theme: no margin between buttons with CollapsiblePanel

5 Answers 82 Views
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Patrick asked on 07 Feb 2014, 07:54 AM
Hello,
when using a RadCollapsiblePanel with the Office2013 theme, the buttons in large state have no margin betweens them, as you can see in the attached screenshot.
Patrick

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sia
Telerik team
answered on 11 Feb 2014, 05:55 PM
Hello Patrick,

Thank you for reporting this issue. However there is no default margins for the buttons in all themes that we distribute. I will discuss this with our developers but meanwhile I would suggest you to add implicit styles in your project's resources that are based on our default one (RadRibbonSplitButtonStyle) with the needed margin for your scenario.

Regards,
Sia
Telerik

Check out the new Telerik Platform - the only modular platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native apps. Register for the free online keynote and webinar to learn more about the Platform on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. ET (8:00 a.m. PT).

Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 12 Feb 2014, 12:35 PM
[quote]Sia said:However there is no default margins for the buttons in all themes that we distribute.[/quote]

Hi Sia,
how do you explain that RadRibbonButtons have margins, but not RadRibbonDropDownButtons ?
Patrick
Sia
Telerik team
answered on 14 Feb 2014, 03:34 PM
Hello Patrick,

I discussed further your issue with our developers. Unfortunately our statement about RadRibbonView control is that we aim to distribute ribbon which behave and looks as close as possible to the ribbon control used in Microsoft Office 2010. If you check the split buttons there, you will notice that there is no default margins between them. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Please send me a screenshot showing the margin mentioned by you earlier. In some panels there is a default value for the exposed ItemSpacing property. For example in RadOrderedWrapPanel it is set to be 3. But unfortunately in our RadCollapsiblePanel it is 0.

Regards,
Sia
Telerik

Check out the new Telerik Platform - the only modular platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native apps. Register for the free online keynote and webinar to learn more about the Platform on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. ET (8:00 a.m. PT).

Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 15 Feb 2014, 07:22 AM
Hello Sia,
here is a screenshot: both the Event and the Edit groups have a RadCollapsiblePanel.
Patrick
Sia
Telerik team
answered on 19 Feb 2014, 02:28 PM
Hello Patrick,

Thank you for the provided details. However it is hard to give you specific advice.
Can you please send me a small project reproducing your scenario. In that way I will be able to suggest you the best possible solution.

Regards,
Sia
Telerik
Tags
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
Asked by
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron