This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

No date selected on postback - .Net 2.0 VS2005

1 Answer 35 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bob asked on 12 Jun 2009, 03:20 PM
I've got to be doing something stupid here. I have a DatePicker on a form. I can enter a date into the textbox or select a date from the popup, but when I click a button that does a postback, the .SelectedDate, .DateInput.Text, and DbSelectedDate properties are all null.
Here's how the DatePicker is defined:
<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="radCancellationEffectiveDate" runat="server" Calendar-EnableMultiSelect="false" Calendar-EnableViewSelector="false" Skin="Office2007" Width="110px" > 
    <Calendar Skin="Office2007" UseColumnHeadersAsSelectors="False" UseRowHeadersAsSelectors="False" ShowRowHeaders="false" 
                                    ViewSelectorText="x" ShowOtherMonthsDays="true"
    </Calendar> 
    <DateInput DateFormat="MM/dd/yyyy" LabelCssClass="" MaxLength="10" Width="" ValidationGroup="Cancellation"
    </DateInput> 
</telerik:RadDatePicker> 

I'm not doing anything on the client or server to initialize or otherwise mess up the control.

Thanks,

Bob

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jun 2009, 04:11 PM
I see what is happening. The page uses a wizard for some bizarre reason and is doing callbacks instead of postbacks. Since this is a straightforward "fill in the blanks, submit the page" situation, I'm just going to remove the wizard stuff and do an actual postback.

Bob

Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question