No date selected on postback - .Net 2.0 VS2005

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Bob
    Bob avatar
    7 posts

Posted 12 Jun 2009 Link to this post

I've got to be doing something stupid here. I have a DatePicker on a form. I can enter a date into the textbox or select a date from the popup, but when I click a button that does a postback, the .SelectedDate, .DateInput.Text, and DbSelectedDate properties are all null.
    Here's how the DatePicker is defined:
    <telerik:RadDatePicker ID="radCancellationEffectiveDate" runat="server" Calendar-EnableMultiSelect="false" Calendar-EnableViewSelector="false" Skin="Office2007" Width="110px" > 
        <Calendar Skin="Office2007" UseColumnHeadersAsSelectors="False" UseRowHeadersAsSelectors="False" ShowRowHeaders="false" 
                                        ViewSelectorText="x" ShowOtherMonthsDays="true"
        </Calendar> 
        <DateInput DateFormat="MM/dd/yyyy" LabelCssClass="" MaxLength="10" Width="" ValidationGroup="Cancellation"
        </DateInput> 
    </telerik:RadDatePicker> 

I'm not doing anything on the client or server to initialize or otherwise mess up the control.

Thanks,

Bob

2. Bob
    Bob avatar
    7 posts

Posted 12 Jun 2009 Link to this post

I see what is happening. The page uses a wizard for some bizarre reason and is doing callbacks instead of postbacks. Since this is a straightforward "fill in the blanks, submit the page" situation, I'm just going to remove the wizard stuff and do an actual postback.

Bob