After having purchased and used Telerik Reportserver for almost a year now, we've come across multiple problematic designs in TRS.
The worst issue was our attempt to delete the built-in "Guest" account (via REST, tidying up unnecessary users), which resulted in its user name being wiped, and it being reactivated (was deactivated).
This result crashed the server software repeatedly, and we had to reinstall a backup of the server database to fix it. Why is it even possible to make changes to a built-in account, that clearly is essential to the workings of TRS ?
Other grievances include:
- The inability to delete users in the web interface.
- The very limited dropdown width for reports, showing only a small part of the names, when we use long category and report names.
- Missing sensible sorting of various lists, rendering them very troublesome to navigate.
- The inability to exclude certain reports from sharing (via the Guest account), forcing us to instead add a lot of reports on the account's permissions (90%/10% problem).
- The locking of server reports after publishing a report from the stand-alone Designer, always requiring the Designer to be shut down and restarted to release the lock.