This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Keyboard Navigation

2 Answers 198 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
TD
Top achievements
Rank 1
TD asked on 28 May 2020, 03:04 AM
Do not use keyboard navigation in Window,Thank you for your help!

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetoslav Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 28 May 2020, 11:52 AM

Hello,

Thank you for using our components!

Could you elaborate on how can we help you using our components and in this case the TelerikWindow?

Regards,
Svetoslav Dimitrov
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
ian
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 05 Jul 2021, 08:47 PM

It seems that disabling keyboard navigation on the TelerikWindow is what is desired.

Concrete examples: TelerikWindow with Modal=true can be navigated away from to another Modal TelerikWindow via TAB, OR the TelerikWindow can be closed via ESC (there is a workaround for ESC, but not for TAB) in my situation.
Svetoslav Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jul 2021, 09:58 AM

Hello Ian,

If I understand your question correctly you would not like to allow your users to close the Modal window by clicking on the Esc keyboard key or by navigating to the Close (x) built-in button by using the Tab key. If indeed this is the case, this behavior is shown in the Keyboard Navigation demo for the Window and this is the expected result. 

In case you are using the Modal Window to create notifications in your application, I would like to suggest the Notification component. You can create an automatically closing notification that the user will not be able to close by clicking a close button. 

Alternatively, if you would like to stop the user from being able to close the window by clicking the built-in Close button you can remove the definition of the button from the markup:

<TelerikWindow Visible="true">
    <WindowActions>
        <WindowAction Name="Minimize" />
        <WindowAction Name="Maximize" />
        <WindowAction Name="Close" /> @* remove this line from the definition *@
    </WindowActions>
    <WindowTitle>
        Optional title
    </WindowTitle>
    <WindowContent>
        I have action buttons. Try using them, but if you close me, you can't reopen me without a few lines of code, so try that last.
        <br />
        The title bar will now render even if you don't define a title, because it will show the action buttons.
    </WindowContent>
</TelerikWindow>

If neither of these approaches helps you get the desired behavior could you provide some additional information so that I can further evaluate the scenario.

Regards,
Svetoslav Dimitrov
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

Tags
Window
Asked by
TD
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetoslav Dimitrov
Telerik team
Share this question
or