Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer
229 views

Is there a way to enable the multi-select widget to filter more than one field?

Let's say we want to filter data like the following:

var data = [
  {
    name: "ABC",
    city: "City1",
    id: 123
  },
  {
    name: "DEF",
    city: "City2",
    id:456
  }
];

The dataTextField is "id" as well as the dataValueField:

$scope.selectOptions = {
      dataTextField: "id",
      dataValueField: "id",
      valuePrimitive: true,
      autoBind: false,
      tagMode: "single",
      filter: "contains",
      filtering: function(e) {
        // magic here?
        }
      },
      dataSource: {
        transport: {
          read: function(options) {
            //get data
            });
          }
        }
      }
    };

How can I achieve that the multi-select suggestions show all items which field values contain the letter "D"?

 

Alexander Popov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2016
1 answer
140 views

I am new in telerik phonegap.can any one tell me that...

how can we use php file in telerik phonegap and how to call webservice?

 

Anton Dobrev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2016
1 answer
146 views

Here is my scenario . When the page loads initially , I will select some items from the multiselect and when they go back to the same screen , I need to show those items as already selected . My problem is , if I go back , the widget displays only the last selected item ( sometimes I get all the items in the list, but this is inconsistent )  . I even tried to clear the filter and reset the datasource , but it takes the last filter value and displays only the last selected item( not all the items selected list ) . Please advice on what I am doing wrong .

$scope.init= function()
    {

ar kmsList = $('#benchmarkDropDown').data("kendoMultiSelect");
            if( kmsList != null )
            {                   
                kmsList.dataSource.data(managerInsightsDatabaseFactory.benchmarkObjs);                
                if( kmsList.dataSource.filter != null  ){
                    kmsList.dataSource.filter({});
                }    
                kmsList.value(managerInsightsDatabaseFactory.benchmarkIds);                                                
                kmsList.trigger("change");

}

 

<select kendo-multi-select id="benchmarkDropDown" class="k-content"
                   k-options="benchmarkDropdownOptions" ng-disabled="ui.disableBenchmarkMultiSelect" style="width: 100%">
                </select>   

In the factory 

            managerInsightsDatabaseFactory.benchmarkDropdown = new kendo.data.DataSource(
                                    {
                                        type: "json",
                                        transport: {
                                            read: "rest/reporting/filteredBenchMarks"
                                        },
                                        valuePrimitive: true,
                                        schema: {
                                            model: {
                                                fields: {
                                                  
                                                    name: { type: "string"},
                                                     id: { type: "string" }
                                                }
                                            }
                                        },
                                        pageSize: 100,
                                        serverPaging: true,
                                        serverFiltering: true
                                    });

 

 

 

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2016
1 answer
450 views

I am trying to use the datetimepicker.  Please see attached.  It has this blue border and background that I need to remove so it looks like other bootstrap components I am using.  I have tried everything css wise I can think of but have not been able to override the color.  How can I do this?  Thanks.  Code looks like this:

<div class="col-lg-4 col-md-5 col-sm-5">
<div class="input-group">
<input id="actionDate" class="form-control input-sm"
kendo-date-time-picker
ng-model="vm.currentTreatmentAction.ActionDate" />

</div>
</div>

 

 

Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2016
2 answers
1.9K+ views

I need to use a specific date time format dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm. I am getting a validation error "The field Start Date Time must be a date." when using "13-Apr-2016 11:12" which should be valid. 

Razor

  @using (Html.BeginForm())
            {

                @Html.HiddenFor(m => m.PersonId)

 @(Html.Kendo().DateTimePicker()

                          .Name("StartDate")
                          .Value(Model.StartDate)
                          .HtmlAttributes(new { placeholder = "dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm" })
                          .Format("dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm")
                          .ParseFormats(new[] { "dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm" })
                          .Culture("en-GB")
                          .TimeFormat("HH:mm"))

  <input type="submit" value="OK" name="submitButton" />

}

Model

public class ConfirmPGDViewModel

{

        [Required]
        public long PersonId { get; set; }

        [Display(Name = "Start Date Time")]
        [Required]
        public DateTime? StartDate { get; set; }

}

Controller

 public ActionResult ConfirmPGD(long personId)
        {
                     var viewModel = new ConfirmPGDViewModel
                {         

                    PersonId = personId,                    

                    StartDate = DateTime.Now,                    
                };

return this.View(viewModel);

}

Dimiter Topalov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2016
1 answer
301 views

We have come across an issue in our application when using Internet Explorer 11.

We have a kendo-editor on a bootstap modal. If the modal is closed while the kendo-editor has focus, all input controls within our application get locked.

Everything works just fine in Chrome. I have not tested other browsers. Unfortunately our customers have IE as their corporate policy.

My colleague has created a dojo to demonstrate this issue. 

Can you suggest a workaround?

Thanks,

Paul

Ianko
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2016
1 answer
203 views

Hello,

I have a very large grid with different rows height.

So when I try to load everything, the memory consumption is pretty high, and the browser is slow.

Because of the interfaces, I can't use pagination, and as I've seen in an other post, having virtual scroll with different rows height can be problematic.

So I tought of an other solution, is it possible to load only the 50 first rows, and when I start to scroll, the 50 next rows is loaded, but unlike virtual scrolling, the first rows do not get removed. So at first you only have 50 <tr />, but if you scroll a lots, you will have as much <tr /> as you have scrolled.

Is there an options for this in kendo ui grid?

Thank you

Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2016
5 answers
290 views

Hi,

 

Few engineers on team recently acquired Kendo UI licenses. During our demo of Kendo UI (2016.1.226), we found 2 bugs with Grid control's filtering. I called Telerik to report it and I was transferred to an account executive. He acknowledged the bugs and assured that they will be fixed in the next release. The next release is out - 2016.1.406. The bugs still exist.

Both the issues can be tried in the  below dojo. The dojo is pointing to the latest Kendo UI 2016 Q1 SP2 release.

http://dojo.telerik.com/UTite

 

Here are the steps to reproduce.

Filter issue 1:

  1. Click on the column filter icon
  2. Type a few characters in the search box
  3. Check select all and then click Filter button.
  4. The Grid Doesn’t filter.
  5. If you don’t check select all and then click Filter button, the grid filters.

Filter issue 2

  1. Click on the column filter icon and Check a few checkboxes. Don’t check select all
  2. Click Filter button.
  3. The Grid gets filtered.
  4. Click on the column filter icon.
  5. Click on Clear button.
  6. The Grid filters are removed.
  7. Click on the filter icon again.
  8. The options in the list Don’t get updated after Clicking on Clear button.
  9. To see all the filter options, you have to type a character in the search box and then delete it.

These are very easy to reproduce. 

 

Telerik Admins,

When can this be fixed?

 

Thanks,

Rahul

Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2016
1 answer
103 views

Hi,

Is there some kind of a guide that explains how to work with fixed / relative sizes in mobile development ?

I Have seen this documentation http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/controls/hybrid/how-to/relative-content-size-using-flexboxes

But i'm lucking some information about how to define a size of an element (is it by px , should I always use em units) , same about font size ect.

It would be great if you can direct me to some guide or give a short explaination about the BKM's on mobile development lyout & sizing.

 

Thx

Sagi

Venelin
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2016
1 answer
249 views

In my grid I use the popup editing with a drop down list, when i edit an existing row i don't have any problem, but when i want to add a new row andi click on a value of the drop down list i get this error:

"0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'CD_PLANT' of undefined or null reference"

 

This is the template for the popup:

 

<script type="text/x-kendo-template" id="popup_editor">

<div class="k-edit-label" >
            <label for="CD_PLANT" style="font-weight:normal">
                plant
            </label>
</div>
<div data-container-for="CD_PLANT" class="k-edit-field" >           
            <input kendo-drop-down-list k-data-source="lineCtrl.Plants"
                   k-data-value-field="'CD_PLANT'"
                   k-data-text-field="'DS_PLANT'"
                   data-bind="value: PLANT.CD_PLANT"/>   

 </div>

</script>

 

 

What is the problem? How can i solve it?

Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Apr 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?