Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer
140 views
@(Html.Kendo().Scheduler<Services.AspNet.Mvc.Areas.Services_CreateServiceOrder.ProjectionsScheduler>()
.Name("scheduler")
.Date(DateTime.Today)
.StartTime(new DateTime(2013, 6, 13, 7, 00, 00))
.EndTime(new DateTime(2013, 6, 13, 19, 00, 00))
.Height(350)
.AllDaySlot(false)
.Views(views =>views.DayView();})
.Group(group => group.Resources("Technicals"))
.Timezone("Etc/UTC")
.Resources(resource =>   {
resource.Add(m => m.TechnicalId)
.Title("Technical")
.Name("Technicals")
.DataTextField("Text")
.DataValueField("Value")
.BindTo(ViewBag.Technicals);})
.BindTo(Model)
.DataSource(d => d.ServerOperation(true)
.Model(m =>{
m.Id(f => f.TechnicalId);
m.Field(f => f.Description).DefaultValue("No title");
m.Field(f => f.IsAllDay).DefaultValue(false);
})
.Create("Grouping_Horizontal_Create", "CServiceOrder")
.Destroy("Grouping_Horizontal_Destroy", "CServiceOrder")
.Update("Grouping_Horizontal_Update", "CServiceOrder")
)
)

I can't open a window to create or edit the appointment when I click in Scheduler. I also need to change the appointment's title because now is showing the hours.  

Here is my Scheduler code:

@(Html.Kendo().Scheduler<Services.AspNet.Mvc.Areas.Services_CreateServiceOrder.ProjectionsScheduler>()
.Name("scheduler")
.Date(DateTime.Today)
.StartTime(new DateTime(2013, 6, 13, 7, 00, 00))
.EndTime(new DateTime(2013, 6, 13, 19, 00, 00))
.Height(350)
.AllDaySlot(false)
.Views(views =>
{
views.DayView();
})
.Group(group => group.Resources("Technicals"))
.Timezone("Etc/UTC")
.Resources(resource =>
{
resource.Add(m => m.TechnicalId)
.Title("Technical")
.Name("Technicals")
.DataTextField("Text")
.DataValueField("Value")
.BindTo(ViewBag.Technicals);
})
.BindTo(Model)
.DataSource(d => d.ServerOperation(true)
.Model(m =>
{
m.Id(f => f.TechnicalId);
m.Field(f => f.Description).DefaultValue("No title");
m.Field(f => f.IsAllDay).DefaultValue(false);
})
.Create("Grouping_Horizontal_Create", "CServiceOrder")
.Destroy("Grouping_Horizontal_Destroy", "CServiceOrder")
.Update("Grouping_Horizontal_Update", "CServiceOrder")
)
)
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Feb 2014
1 answer
183 views
I thought I had this but I think I'm missing something.

I think I read somewhere FooterTemplate doesn't work.  Is this correct?

I can count using ClientFooterTemplate, but when I sum the value appears to be concatenating.

Any assistance would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.

Here's what I have:

<div>
    @(Html.Kendo.Grid(Of Venable.KMVC.ClientPortfolio.ADRServiceReference.Activity)() _
            .Name("clientActivityYear") _
            .Events(Sub(e)
                            e.DataBound("onDataBound").Change("onChange")
                    End Sub) _
            .Columns(Sub(c)
                             c.Bound(Function(p) p.Year).FooterTemplate("LTD")
                             c.Bound(Function(p) p.WorkedActivity).Title("Worked").HtmlAttributes(New With {.style = "text-align: right"}).ClientFooterTemplate("#=sum#")
                             c.Bound(Function(p) p.BilledActivity).Title("Billed").HtmlAttributes(New With {.style = "text-align: right"})
                             c.Bound(Function(p) p.CollectedActivity).Title("Collected").HtmlAttributes(New With {.style = "text-align: right"})
                     End Sub) _
        .Selectable(Function(selectable) selectable.Mode(GridSelectionMode.Single)) _
        .Scrollable() _
        .DataSource(Sub(d)
                            d.Ajax().ServerOperation(False).Aggregates(Sub(aggregates)
                                                                               aggregates.Add(Function(p) p.WorkedActivity).Sum()
                                                                               aggregates.Add(Function(p) p.BilledActivity).Sum()
                                                                               aggregates.Add(Function(p) p.CollectedActivity).Sum()
                                                                       End Sub) _
                            .Read(Function(read) read.Action("ActivityRead", "Home").Data("addData"))
                    End Sub)
     )
</div>
Alexander Popov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Feb 2014
2 answers
460 views
H I have simple grid with checkboxes column. What I want to achieve is to select checkbox when one of two states will happen
1. I click on the row
2. I click on the checkbox

In kendo there is one event 'change'  which is triggered by the two states above.

My logic is following
When I click the row  then in change event i change property of the checkbox to select it the problem is that the same happen if I click checkbox in that row and then I can distinguish what is the source of triggering and again I am changing state of the checkbox.

Unfortunately this change event is triggered before checkbox selection put break in change event and click checkbox you will see that checkbox is not selected yet but even is triggeredand because I can distinguish the source I am trying to change state of the checkbox again and then there is conflic with DOM because after that occurs checkbox it's own event and is trying to manipulate its state again.

I would attache sample but it takes with all libraries 15 mega bytes which is much more then allowed 2 mega.
But I am including my view with all javascript and controller with repository class

Nikolay Rusev
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Feb 2014
3 answers
389 views
Hi there,

I have a kendo grid with a custom, unnamed command like this:

{ command: { text: "Download PDF", click: downloadPdf }, title: " ", width: "115px" }

How do I add an icon to the button? I tried setting the imageClass, like this:

{ command: { text: "Download PDF", click: downloadPdf }, title: " ", width: "115px", imageClass: "k-icon k-i-pencil" }

but the image never shows up. Things seem to work somewhat when I use one of the known commands like Edit or Destroy; I get the default icon, but not the one assigned by the k-i class. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Imar
Imar Spaanjaars
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Feb 2014
1 answer
211 views
I have a TreeView with HierarchicalDataSource and my question is simple: Can I access the current dataItem in the transport.read function?

For instance, consider this code:

new kendo.data.HierarchicalDataSource({
    transport: {
        read: function() {
            // Here i'll prepare my url to be called
            return "my/controller/" + dataItem.Id;
        }
    }
});

I want to access the dataItem's properties of the current expanding node inside the read function. Is this possible?
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Feb 2014
1 answer
129 views
Hi,
how can i bind to a Treevire the below data ?
var dataTree = [{
Name: "Multiservice 01",
Services: [
{
Name: "Servizio 01", year: 1977, BlocksIN: [
{ Name: "BlockIN 01", Fields: [{ Name: "Field 01" }, {Name : "Field 02" } ]},
{ Name: "BlockIN 02" }],
BlocksOUT: [
{ Name: "Blocco OUT 01", Fields: [{ Name: "Field 01" }, { Name: "Field 02" }] },
{ Name: "Blocco OUT 02" }]
},
{ Name: "Servizio 02", year: 1980 },
{ Name: "Servizio 03", year: 1983 },
{ Name: "Servizio 04", year: 1983 }]
}
];


Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Feb 2014
1 answer
256 views
I have a Kendo Window control in my ASP.NET project.  The ModelState is not valid but when I return to show the view and the Kend Window control the html.validator is not being shown in the Partial View on the window.  If I add a validator to the View the validator will show but I need the validator on the Kendo window.

Best Regards,
Mark Kilroy
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Feb 2014
2 answers
113 views
Hello, I have a problem with the grid.
When I insert new record, it is not shown in the grid. There is just new empty row and I have to do refresh to see it.
Another think is I can't edit or delete record. After refresh I will get the original records back.
What I am doing wrong?

I am running it in Chrome 33.

Thank you for your help.

Here is the example http://jsbin.com/dorosuwu/1
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Feb 2014
2 answers
521 views
Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to have more than 2 Filter Parameters on a single column on a Kendo Grid?

For example, on a "Colour" column, I would like to filter like so:

Contains: Green OR
Contains: Blue OR
Equals: Yellow OR
Equals: Orange

By default, it looks as though the Filter menu on the Kendo Grid only allows 2 Filter parameters.

Any information is appreciated!

Landon
Landon
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Feb 2014
3 answers
667 views
Hi,

We're developing software that allows users to create their own charts. Users specify the server connection, SQL queries and columns that will be used by the series. That means, the data where the charts will be bound are not strongly typed.

Grid allows for binding to a datatable (System.Data.Datatable). But charts doesn't seem so. Here's the code I used for Grid:

@model List<iGuideMobility.Web.Models.DataViewModel>

@(Html.Kendo().Grid(new System.Data.DataTable("DataSource1"))
    .Name(Model.First().PanelUserID.ToString())
    //.HtmlAttributes(new { style = "width:100%" })
    .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "height: 350px"  })
    .Columns(column =>
        {
            var cols = Model.First().PanelColumn;
            foreach (var col in cols)
            {
                column.Bound(col.strColumn.ToString()).Title(col.strCaption.ToString()).Width(Convert.ToInt32(col.intWidth.ToString()));
            }
        }
    )
    .DataSource(datasource => datasource 
        .Ajax()
        .Batch(true)
       .Read("PanelBinding_Read", "Home", new { intPanelID = Model.First().PanelID })
    ) 
 )

For Charts, it seems like we cannot implement the same logic of showing dynamic series bound to datasource that are created on runtime.

Can you point us to the right direction so we can accomplish this?

Thanks!
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Feb 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?