Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer
121 views

I know there are threads about the main JS files having bad UMD wrappers, but the cultures have a different issue.

 

Prior to v2016.1.112, there weren't any dependencies on kendo.core in the culture files. They've been added as below, and are looking for kendo.core in the current path.

(function(f){
    if (typeof define === 'function' && define.amd) {
        define([ "./kendo.core" ], f);
    } else {
        f();
    }
}

Obviously, kendo.core isn't in the same path as the culture files, so RequireJS fails to load the file.

 

Could a fix for this please be rolled into the same release that is presumably coming very soon?

 

Regards,

Sean.

Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jan 2016
3 answers
2.7K+ views
Is there a function to get the Kendo UI version we are working with?

Regards,

Simon
Scott Christopher Stauffer
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Jan 2016
6 answers
1.6K+ views
Update:

Digging through the code, it seems that the settings.transport is being ignored in the code.  I am looking at Kendo.web.js line 6171. Here the following is false:

transport.options.update == transport["update"] 

Where "transport.options.update" is my function and "transport["update"]" is the default RemoteTransport Update method.  So when the code below it fires, it calls the default and not mine.  Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?



Maybe I have a dirty eye, but I don't see why this is not working:

var settings =
{
dataSource:
{
transport:
{
read: apiUrl,
update: function (e)
{
// Nothing, happens, this is never called
console.log("Hello?");
debugger;
alert('update');
}
}
}
}

but this DOES work:

var settings =
{
dataSource:
{
transport:
{
read: apiUrl,
update:
{
url: editApiUrl,
type: "POST",
data: function (e)
{
debugger;
alert('works');
}
}
}
}
} 


I am copying the first sample from here:

var dataSource = new kendo.data.DataSource({
    transport: {
        update: function(options) {
            // make AJAX request to the remote service

            $.ajax( {
                url: "/orders/update",
                data: options.data, // the "data" field contains paging, sorting, filtering and grouping data
                success: function(result) {
                    // notify the DataSource that the operation is complete

                    options.success(result);
                }
            });
        }
    }
});
rwb
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Jan 2016
1 answer
188 views

Hi,

 

i use NumericTextbox with ng-switch and try to rebind it when a decimals value changes. But when the k-rebind value changes, it simply disappears.

 

<div id="example" ng-app="KendoDemos">
    <div class="demo-section k-content" ng-controller="MyCtrl">
        <div class="box-col">
            <h4>Set Value</h4>
            <p>
              <div ng-repeat="a in list" ng-switch="a">
                <input ng-switch-when="1" kendo-numeric-text-box k-min="0" k-max="100" k-decimals="decimals" k-format="format" k-rebind="decimals" k-ng-model="value" style="width: 100%;" />
            </p>
      </div>
        </div>
        <div class="box-col">
            <h4>Result</h4>
            Value: {{value}}
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

<script>
  angular.module("KendoDemos", [ "kendo.directives" ])
      .controller("MyCtrl", function($scope, $timeout){
          $scope.value = 50;
    
    $scope.list = [1, 2, 3, 4];
    
    $scope.decimals = 0;
    $scope.format = "n0";
          
$timeout(function(){
            $scope.format = "n3"
            $scope.decimals = 3
          }, 500);
    
      })
</script>

 

 

Thanks for your help

Antje

Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jan 2016
2 answers
633 views

Hello,

I want to display text on button based on the value from database.

So, button text varies in each row(Ex: In service, Expired, 30 days Expire).

1) How can I display text in button in Kendo row ?

2) I want to change the color of the button based on the above 3 values. (Ex: In Service - Green, Expired - Red, 30 day expire - Yellow)

 I want to display that button in the custom command button in below code

How can I do this ?

@(Html.Kendo().Grid(Model)
           .Name("grid")
           .Columns(columns =>
           {
               columns.Bound(c => c.UserName).Title("User").Filterable(false);               
               columns.Bound(c => c.Role).Title("Role");               
               //columns.Command(command => command.Custom().Click("showDetails"));
           })
           .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "height: 500px;" })
           .Sortable()
           .Scrollable(x => x.Height(400))
           .Filterable()
           .Pageable(x => x.Enabled(true).PreviousNext(false).PageSizes(true))
       )

Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jan 2016
1 answer
317 views

Hi, is it possible to get a mouse hover event and the list item under the mouse?
I tried doing a JQuery hover on the item elements of the ListView but it never fires. Has anyone tried to accomplish this?

Magdalena
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jan 2016
9 answers
243 views

Hi,

 

On PDF export the dataItem's title does not appear properly.

Here is my code:

schema: {
                    model: {
                        fields: {
                            id: {from: "id", defaultValue: null, nullable: true},
                            start: {type: "date", from: "start"},
                            end: {type: "date", from: "end"},
                            recurrenceRule: {from: "recurrenceRule", defaultValue: "FREQ=WEEKLY"},
                            route_id: {
                                from: "route_id",
                                defaultValue: $scope.editSite.routes.length > 0 ? $scope.editSite.routes[0] : 0,
                                validation: {required: true}
                            },
                            route_name: {from: "route_name"},
                            isAllDay: {type: "boolean", defaultValue: false}
                        }
                    }
                }

 

 

<div id="scheduler" kendo-scheduler class="clear" k-options="schedulerOptions"> 
    <span k-event-template class='route-scheduler-title'>{{dataItem.route_name}}</span>
</div>

 

 

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jan 2016
3 answers
862 views

Hi,

I have a selectable grid which has one locked column.
When using select() method to get selected rows, I get duplicated results.

If I select one row the result will contain two jQuery objects, beside the row there will also be separate jQuery object containing just the selected locked column.

Check this example: http://dojo.telerik.com/EyEMO

Is this how it should work or is this a bug?
In my case I would like to get the same results as I would get without locked column. 

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jan 2016
1 answer
240 views
Hello,
There is a problem regarding encoding in the pdf when mvc charts are exported. Does exist any solution to show none ASCII chars in the pdf? I've tried to set some fonts but it's not working unfortunately.
eg. 
    kendo.pdf.defineFont({
        "Open Sans": "/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf",
        "Open Sans|Bold": "/fonts/OpenSans-Bold.ttf",
        "Open Sans|Bold|Italic": "/fonts/OpenSans-BoldItalic.ttf",
        "Open Sans|Italic": "/fonts/OpenSans-Italic.ttf"
    });

or 
/* Pdf font */
@font-face {
  font-family: "Open Sans";
  src: url("../fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf") format("truetype");
}

P.S. Export from Grid looks good (after I've added @font-face style).
Please see attached files.

Thanks a lot,
Hello,
There is a problem regarding encoding in the pdf when mvc charts are exported. Does exist any solution to show none ASCII chars in the pdf? I've tried to set some fonts but it's not working unfortunately.
eg. 
    kendo.pdf.defineFont({
        "Open Sans": "/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf",
        "Open Sans|Bold": "/fonts/OpenSans-Bold.ttf",
        "Open Sans|Bold|Italic": "/fonts/OpenSans-BoldItalic.ttf",
        "Open Sans|Italic": "/fonts/OpenSans-Italic.ttf"
    });
 
or 
/* Pdf font */
@font-face {
  font-family: "Open Sans";
  src: url("../fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf") format("truetype");
}
 
P.S. Export from Grid looks good (after I've added @font-face style).
Please see attached files.
 
Thanks a lot,
Hello,
There is a problem regarding encoding in the pdf when mvc charts are exported. Does exist any solution to show none ASCII chars in the pdf? I've tried to set some fonts but it's not working unfortunately.
eg. 
    kendo.pdf.defineFont({
        "Open Sans": "/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf",
        "Open Sans|Bold": "/fonts/OpenSans-Bold.ttf",
        "Open Sans|Bold|Italic": "/fonts/OpenSans-BoldItalic.ttf",
        "Open Sans|Italic": "/fonts/OpenSans-Italic.ttf"
    });
 
or 
/* Pdf font */
@font-face {
  font-family: "Open Sans";
  src: url("../fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf") format("truetype");
}
 
P.S. Export from Grid looks good (after I've added @font-face style).
Please see attached files.
 
Thanks a lot,
Hello,
There is a problem regarding encoding in the pdf when mvc charts are exported. Does exist any solution to show none ASCII chars in the pdf? I've tried to set some fonts but it's not working unfortunately.
eg. 
    kendo.pdf.defineFont({
        "Open Sans": "/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf",
        "Open Sans|Bold": "/fonts/OpenSans-Bold.ttf",
        "Open Sans|Bold|Italic": "/fonts/OpenSans-BoldItalic.ttf",
        "Open Sans|Italic": "/fonts/OpenSans-Italic.ttf"
    });
 
or 
/* Pdf font */
@font-face {
  font-family: "Open Sans";
  src: url("../fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf") format("truetype");
}
 
P.S. Export from Grid looks good (after I've added @font-face style).
Please see attached files.
 
Thanks a lot,
Milena
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jan 2016
1 answer
78 views

Im working on an existing project that was referencing kendo mvc and associated scripts etc version 2013.3.1324 and have since upgraded to 2015.3.1111

There a number of grids that use a datasource loaded via Ajax.  The datasource is populated similar to this:

MyDatasourceVar.data(data)

Where the data variable is that returned from the ajax request.

This results in a javascript error (e.slice is not a function)

If I simply change this code to something like this :  MyDatasourceVar.data = data, the error goes away.

Looking over the (current) docs for datasource
http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/data/datasource

I see mention of using the "data" property, but not a setter method like what has ben used in my project.  Was this a change in some version between the two mentioned?

 

  

 

Nikolay Rusev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jan 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Charts
Data Source
Scheduler
DropDownList
TreeView
MVVM
Editor
Window
DatePicker
Spreadsheet
Upload
ListView (Mobile)
ComboBox
TabStrip
MultiSelect
AutoComplete
ListView
Menu
Templates
Gantt
Validation
TreeList
Diagram
NumericTextBox
Splitter
PanelBar
Drag and Drop
Application
Map
ToolTip
Calendar
PivotGrid
ScrollView (Mobile)
Toolbar
TabStrip (Mobile)
Slider
Button (Mobile)
Filter
SPA
Drawing API
Drawer (Mobile)
Globalization
LinearGauge
Sortable
ModalView
Hierarchical Data Source
Button
FileManager
MaskedTextBox
View
Form
NavBar
Notification
Switch (Mobile)
SplitView
DropDownTree
ListBox
PDFViewer
Sparkline
ActionSheet
TileLayout
PopOver (Mobile)
TreeMap
ButtonGroup
Styling
ColorPicker
Pager
Chat
MultiColumnComboBox
Dialog
DateRangePicker
Checkbox
Timeline
Drawer
DateInput
ProgressBar
MediaPlayer
ImageEditor
TextBox
OrgChart
Accessibility
Effects
Licensing
PivotGridV2
ScrollView
Switch
TextArea
BulletChart
QRCode
ResponsivePanel
Wizard
CheckBoxGroup
Localization
Barcode
Breadcrumb
Collapsible
MultiViewCalendar
Touch
RadioButton
Stepper
Card
ExpansionPanel
Rating
RadioGroup
Badge
Captcha
Heatmap
AppBar
Loader
Security
TaskBoard
Popover
DockManager
TimePicker
FloatingActionButton
CircularGauge
ColorGradient
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
TimeDurationPicker
ToggleButton
BottomNavigation
Ripple
SkeletonContainer
Avatar
Circular ProgressBar
FlatColorPicker
SplitButton
Signature
Chip
ChipList
VS Code Extension
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
Sankey
Chart Wizard
OTP Input
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
StockChart
ContextMenu
DateTimePicker
RadialGauge
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?