This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Invalid character '~' Image Manager MOSS 2007

1 Answer 105 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andy asked on 25 Mar 2008, 07:42 AM
Hi,

I encounter an error while setting the ImagesPaths for the RadHTMLField control to the root directory.

Here is how I set the Image path in the config file.
<property name="ImagesPaths"><item>~/PressReleases/PublishingImages</item></property>
  <property name="UploadImagesPaths"><item>~/PressReleases/PublishingImages</item></property>
  <property name="DeleteImagesPaths"><item>~/PressReleases/PublishingImages</item></property>

System will prompt
"Server Error in '/' Application"
"/~/" contains illegal character '~'

Exception details : Microsoft.Sharepoint.SPException:"/~/" contains illegal character '~'

The error is solved when I changed the image path to
<property name="ImagesPaths"><item>PressReleases/PublishingImages</item></property>

But I would like to make the path to be dynamic to the sub site. Any idea how I should configure the Image path

Thanks
Andy

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
George
Telerik team
answered on 27 Mar 2008, 12:44 PM
Hi Andy,

Straight to the points:
  • In RadEditor for MOSS you need to set only the ImagesPaths - under MOSS there are no UploadImagesPaths and DeleteImagesPaths because, this depends on the libraries permissions.

• The path must not include "~" because, under moss we are pointing libraries.

• In the latest version of RadEditor for MOSS you can set the paths to point to the root site in the site collection ("/Images") or to the current site ("Images"). This depends on the "/" before the folder - these are the only two opportunities.
In addition to this please, review the following help article: Set Properties Via Config File

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
George
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by