This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Filter issue when upgrading from 2010 to 2013

6 Answers 32 Views
Filter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
rik butcher
Top achievements
Rank 1
rik butcher asked on 04 Dec 2014, 03:20 PM
hey guys need some help here as we're upgrading or trying to upgrade telerik controls from:
File Version 2010.1.519.35  to File Version 2013.3.1114.40

there's an issue in the rad Filter as it cannot find the ControlName which back then was "rfContextMenu" but now I have no idea.

if it references a different "default Name" for the controls, I could do a simple find and replace. can someone help me out here cuz I have a lot of "code behind" for 66+ filters for prerender, apply and item command that the program is dependent on .
thanks 
rik - below is the code behind that can't find "rfContextMenu"

protected void WorkOrdersRadFilter_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            RadContextMenu menu = WorkOrdersRadFilter.FindControl("rfContextMenu") as RadContextMenu;
            WorkOrdersRadFilter.RootGroupItem.Controls[2].Controls[1].Visible = false;
            menu.DefaultGroupSettings.Height = Unit.Pixel(250);
            menu.EnableAutoScroll = true;
            WorkOrdersRadFilter.Culture = Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture;            renameFilter();
            var ctrl = ControlsOfType<ITextControl>(WorkOrdersRadFilter).Where(p => p.GetType() != typeof(LiteralControl));
            if (ctrl.Count() > 0)
                (ctrl.Last() as Control).Focus();
            foreach (var picker in ControlsOfType<RadDateTimePicker>(sender as Control))
            {
               // picker.SelectedDate = DateTime.Today;
                picker.DateInput.DateFormat = "MM/dd/yyyy";
                picker.DateInput.DisplayDateFormat = "MM/dd/yyyy";
            }
        }

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
rik butcher
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Dec 2014, 03:53 PM
guys, I did find the answer to this on my own : WorkOrdersRadFilter.RootGroupItem.AddGroupExpressionButton.Visible = false;
 RadContextMenu menu =WorkOrdersRadFilter.ContextMenu;
 so, that takes care of the code behind - it seems the issue is now the web config on the server. it's as if it's not loading in the javascript for the new controls.
 could someone look at this partial web config below and see what could be the issue?
 when the controls are clicked on the webpage - you can see a shift in the window as if it's trying to do something - but all telerik controls are basically dead.
 this was a 3.5 .net version that's been updated  <configuration>
 <configSections>
  <sectionGroup name="applicationSettings" type="System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsGroup, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
   <section name="NOV.GOLD.WebApp.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" requirePermission="false"/>
  </sectionGroup>
 </configSections>
 <appSettings> <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
   <assemblies>
    <add assembly="System.Data.Entity, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"/>
    <add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
    <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/></assemblies>
  </compilation> <pages theme="GOLD Main" controlRenderingCompatibilityVersion="3.5" clientIDMode="AutoID">
   <controls>
    <add tagPrefix="rsweb" namespace="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms" assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    <add tagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"/>
    <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"/>
    <add tagPrefix="goldcustom" namespace="NOV.GOLD.CustomControls" assembly="NOV.GOLD.CustomControls"/>
   </controls>
  </pages>
  <httpHandlers>
   <add path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
   <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
   <add path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
   <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" validate="false"/>
   <add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" verb="*"/>
  </httpHandlers>
  <httpModules>
   <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule"/>
   <add name="RadCompression" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompression"/>
  </httpModules>
  <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="10240" executionTimeout="3600"/>
 </system.web>
<system.webServer>
  <security>
   <!--<authentication>
    <anonymousAuthentication enabled="false"/>
   </authentication>-->
  </security>
  <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
  <modules>
   <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
   <add name="RadCompression" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompression" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
  </modules>
  <handlers>
   <add name="ChartImage_axd" path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
   <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_DialogHandler_aspx" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
   <add name="Telerik_RadUploadProgressHandler_ashx" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
   <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv2.0"/>
   <add name="ReportViewerWebControlHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
  </handlers>
 </system.webServer>
rik butcher
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Dec 2014, 06:37 PM
can I get some help with this please?
this is most likely the issue, but I don't know what to do.
thanks
rik
'ASP.NET Ajax client-side framework failed to load.'
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 11 Dec 2014, 12:46 PM
Hello,

Can it be that you have not granted permissions to all users for the Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd handler as depicted in the corresponding paragraph of this help topic? This can cause the error to appear. Enable the access for all users via the web.config to see whether this helps.

Regards,
Maria Ilieva
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

rik butcher
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Dec 2014, 01:33 PM
I updated the web.config as suggested and the same result........ same error. i'm totally lost at this point. I also looked in IIS to see if maybe any of the handler mappings for .axd were disabled and nope they are fine.
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 16 Dec 2014, 07:48 AM
Hello,

You may also try replacing temporary RadScriptManager with asp ScriptManager or set its EnableScriptsCombine property to false to compare the results.
Also I would suggest you check this blog post for instructions how to troubleshoot such issues.

Regards,
Maria Ilieva
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

rik butcher
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Dec 2014, 08:14 PM
well - "EnableScriptsCombine "  absolutely worked!! I just need to do a "find" / "replace" for every page w/ a script manager and I think that'll do it. that'll buy us some time on a 2012 server then we can start to rebuild this whole application "native" from  visual studio 2012 or 2013 w/ the new controls.
thank you so much for your help - your patience and your suggestions.
rik
Tags
Filter
Asked by
rik butcher
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
rik butcher
Top achievements
Rank 1
Maria Ilieva