This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Filter case sensitive?

1 Answer 85 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sergey
Top achievements
Rank 2
Sergey asked on 22 Sep 2010, 02:35 PM
We've noticed that at some point recently all the ComboBoxes that use the Filter property have become case-sensitive. This is true for both StartsWith and Contains settings, and seems to be the opposite of what the documentation suggests (which states that Filter is case-insensitive). 

We've fairly recently upgraded to the Q2 Telerik release from Q1, and I think it may have been after this upgrade. 

I'm just wondering if this is a new default behaviour, and if so how do you override it to the previous case insensitive version, or if this is a bug? 

Our Telerik DLL version is 2010.2.713.40, using .NET 4. 

This is a slightly stripped down markup of one of the ComboBoxes which has this problem. 

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="Combo" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true" Skin="Windows7" AllowCustomText="true" DataSourceID="OurDS" EnableAutomaticLoadOnDemand="true" EnableVirtualScrolling="true" EnableLoadOnDemand="true" ItemsPerRequest="30" EnableItemCaching="true" Filter="Contains" ShowMoreResultsBox="true" DataTextField="TextField" DataValueField="ValueID"                         EmptyMessage="Search..." OnSelectedIndexChanged="Method_SelectedIndexChanged" Width="175px" />

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Simon
Telerik team
answered on 23 Sep 2010, 03:12 PM
Hello Sergey,

I just verified all cases of automatic Load On Demand in our demos with the latest version of Telerik.Web.UI and they worked properly. Moreover I consulted with our developers and they let me know that in our code we are using case insensitive culture invariant comparisons (when we filter the data in-memory).

Could you open a support ticket and send us a project showing this issue so that we inspect it?

Best wishes,
Simon
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Sergey
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Simon
Telerik team
Share this question
or