Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

1 Answer 5600 Views
General Discussions
Owidat
Top achievements
Rank 2
Owidat asked on 21 Feb 2011, 09:04 AM
Hi,

I have this issue with resource failed to load, the case is that I'm using latest Rad Controls (Telerik.Web.UI_2010_3_1317) in my ASP.NET page which is in the root folder of my hosting site ...
I have Windows server 2008 r2, IIS 7 (I have administrator account on this server)..

• Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
  • ScriptResource.axd Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
  • Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd:15 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'scriptsFailed' of undefined

can any one help me in this issue plz?
Regards,
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
commented on 23 Feb 2011, 12:27 PM

Hello,

You are the first to report such problem and at this point, although I cannot say what exactly is causing it, I am not completely sure that it is related to our controls. What I see from the error messages is that for some reason, the Ajax's scripts are not sent from the server to the client - this is indicated by the first 2 errors.

The third error, that mentions Telerik, is raised by the fact that our controls (that are using MS AJAX's scripts) cannot find these scripts ("Cannot set property 'scriptsFailed' of undefined") - so our scripts are loaded, but the framework's ones are missing.
This being said, I would recommend you to investigate why the MS AJAX's scripts are not loaded - for example you could check this article. Once this problem is solved, our controls will work as well.

Kind regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Owidat
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 03 Mar 2011, 10:54 AM
Hi Georgi,

Thank you for your help, and that help me to solve my problem ...

The solution is to add handler for "ScriptResource.axd" in my web.config

<system.webServer>
  <handlers>
    <remove name="ChartImageHandler" />
    <add name="ScriptResource" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd"
type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"
/>
  </handlers>

</system.webServer>

Regards,
Rodrigo
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 29 Apr 2013, 09:41 PM

Thanks Owidat, I'm having the same issue, localhost it Works fine but in my production server I have 1 request for ScriptResource.axd with 404 and the same file loads fine locally..

this was not happening in production, but now it is... so I added the handler as you said and it's working now...

It's a Shame Telerik!! We should'nt have this issue...
Owidat
Top achievements
Rank 2
commented on 29 Apr 2013, 10:31 PM

you are welcome!
I'm so happy that this helps you :)
alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 01 Sep 2016, 02:34 PM

Have this issue on localhost when try to use RadGrid simple and advanced scenarios. The solution above didn't help. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
commented on 02 Sep 2016, 07:17 AM

Hi Alex,

I advise that you go through the following article and see if the ideas there help: http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/troubleshooting/web-resources-troubleshooting. If not, I suggest you open a support ticket and send us a repro sample we can investigate.

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Mina
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 20 Apr 2017, 01:44 AM

jquery.masonry.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
get_flash_player.gif Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
RetailSmart/Jquery/jquery.multiselect.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
2 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
jquery.multiselect.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) 
any help?
JeffSM
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
Iron
commented on 04 Jul 2018, 05:24 PM

Thanks Owidat for post the solution.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by