This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

export to PDF , images not showing, Ajaxified Grid, images set in Grid.ItemDatabound

3 Answers 67 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Neal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Neal asked on 14 Oct 2015, 10:39 AM

Hi

I have an ajxified radgrid, so I load the images per item (row) in the ItemDataBoundEvent as per

Image img = (Image)item.FindControl("PartImage");

img.ImageUrl = "~/PartImages/" + Imgurl;    //ImgUrl is retrieved elsewhere from the datasourcerow.

Using the demo, There is the issue of RadCodeBlock required

in / around

ImageUrl='<%# String.Format("Images/Sushi/{0}.jpg", Eval("ItemID")) %>'
                                AlternateText="Sushi image" Width="100px" Height="75px" Style="border: 1px solid #000000;">

Is there a way programmatically to include the image in the exported PDF file?

or

How would I wrap the Markup as per Sushi above to allow for the ajaxification?

thx

Neal

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 14 Oct 2015, 12:15 PM
Hello,

I am afraid that the provided information is not clear enough to understand what is the exact issue you encounter and advice you how to resolve it. Could you elaborate a bit more what exactly you want to achieve and what is the problem with your current implementation?

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Neal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Oct 2015, 12:50 PM

Hi Pavlina

Ok,..I want to have my images in my RadGrid showing / exported in my PDF .

My grid is ajaxified, (via RadAjaxManager.)

My images are set in code behind on the Grids OnItemDataBound event.

The Telerik Sushi Example is not ajaxified and does not bind the image in code behind.

My images do not come thru to the PDF.

How do I get them into the pdf?

Rgds

Neal

Accepted
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 19 Oct 2015, 01:07 PM
Hi,

The exporting feature of the control works with regular postback only. Once the grid is ajaxified, it should be cancelled before exporting as described in the article below:
http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/controls/grid/ajaxified-radgrid/what-you-should-have-in-mind/export-from-ajaxified-grid

Regards,
Pavlina
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Neal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina
Telerik team
Neal
Top achievements
Rank 1