This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error registering the viewer with the service

2 Answers 1443 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Omar
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Iron
Omar asked on 12 Nov 2019, 05:45 PM

Hi,

I am having this error on my page when i try to display the report in the html5 report viewer

Error registering the viewer with the service.
An error has occurred.
Access to the path 'C:\windows\TEMP\Html5DemoApp\12.0.18.416\LCT\value.dat' is denied.

I have read that is because The error message "Access to the path X is denied" indicates that the Telerik Reporting REST service cannot access the configured file storage. By default, user temp folder will be used as a storage which is 'C:\Windows\TEMP' in this case.

I read this in the following article:

https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/knowledge-base/error-registering-the-viewer-with-the-service

It says that I need to assign default storage location using  ReportsController.cs file where the settings of the Reporting REST service are defined.

The question is I can not find that file in my solution. How do we do that?

Regards,

Omar

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 15 Nov 2019, 02:07 PM

Hi Omar,

The ReportsController.cs file is located in the project of your REST WebAPI service project. The project structure should be similar to this project.

Another option is to search for the file using the search feature of your operating system.

Regards,
Nasko
Progress Telerik

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tursunkhuja
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
commented on 09 Nov 2022, 05:17 AM

Hi Nasko,

If you see Telerik Demo projects, the default storage location is not assigned. It uses default constructor of FileStorage. 

If we don't assign default storage location, it uses current user Temp folder. I also have like this issue, but it has read/write access to the Temp folder. Why is this issue happening? How to solve this?

Thanks,

Todor
Telerik team
commented on 11 Nov 2022, 01:50 PM

Hi Tursunkhuja,

The reason for denying access to the path may not be related to permissions.

For example, there may be other processes locking the files. Usually, these are antivirus or other security applications. You may try to configure these programs to skip the path of your storage.

Omar
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 23 Nov 2019, 01:58 PM

It was not there, But I have created new project with new reports and then I saw the file at the location you specified.

It seams I have deleted by mistake.

Many thanks,

Omar

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Omar
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Iron