I am facing a Problem that seems to be a known issue with the Telerik RadProgressManager.
I use the 'custom Progress pattern' to Show Progress on a rather Long running Operation.
I trace http traffic via Fiddler.
On completion I still see endless calls to RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx in form of:
Every call uses the same RadUrID , but different RadUploadTimeStamp values.
Strange enough this behaviour does NOT Show up when using IE(Version 11). But in FF and Chrome I see those endless calls.
Of course, as mentioned in some related threads, adding
<appSettings> <add key="AllowCustomProgress" value="false"/></appSettings>
in web.config prevent those calls, but , of course, in that case I do see the progressbars anymore.
I saw from the Forum threads that this issue is present since 2010 (at least this was the earliet thread I found), and the last reply related to this problem from April 2014 says - 'We Need a runable project'. In my case this is not possible, since the application is pretty complex.
What I have not seen in the Forum threads is the mentioning that the Problem does not Show up if IE is used.
Could you please let me know if since April 2014 telerik found a fix or Workaround. If yes- what is a possible solution for the Problem.
Hope that someone from telerik can provide help, otherwise I Need to give up usage of ProgressArea in my app. I have Clients with slow Networks and for those users the numerous (unnecessary) calls result in pretty slow Performance.