This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

EnableEmbeddedSkins WebResource http 400 bad request

2 Answers 82 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
tito miky
Top achievements
Rank 1
tito miky asked on 26 May 2013, 06:23 PM
Hello, 
   I've disabled the embedded skins but the icons of the editor (neither Grid, nor Scheduler) are visible (images attached).

According to Fiddler:

GET http://localhost:33228/App_Themes/Metro/%3C%=WebResource(%22Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Metro.Grid.sprite.gif%22)%%3E
400 Bad Request (text/html)

The sprite images are in their right paths but it seems that the request is bad, it should ask for an image not "text/html", right?

Any help would be appreciated,
Miguel

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 29 May 2013, 03:45 PM
Hi Miguel,

It seems that you are loading skins of the RadEditor from external assembly. I can suggest you to briefly examine the How to load skins from external assemblies help article. For example it may be possible that you are missing something within:
  • Point 2 - Drop all skin related files for your control(s) in the project and mark them as embedded resources (right click, select Properties and from the Build Action dropdown choose Embedded Resource).
  • OR Point 5 - Add WebResource attributes for all the resources from step 3 in the new assembly, e.g.:
[assembly: System.Web.UI.WebResource("Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Common.ModalDialogConfirm.gif", "image/gif")]
If the above steps are not helpful you can open a support ticket and send us a fully runnable sample with reproduction steps of the issue, so that we can proceed further with the investigation.

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
tito miky
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 May 2013, 05:13 PM
Hello Danail,
    I changed the .css and delete the '<%WebResource%>' instruction.
Thank you very much!
Tags
Editor
Asked by
tito miky
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
tito miky
Top achievements