EnableEmbeddedSkins WebResource http 400 bad request

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. tito miky
    tito miky avatar
    7 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2010

    Posted 26 May 2013 Link to this post

    Hello, 
       I've disabled the embedded skins but the icons of the editor (neither Grid, nor Scheduler) are visible (images attached).

     According to Fiddler:

    GET http://localhost:33228/App_Themes/Metro/%3C%=WebResource(%22Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Metro.Grid.sprite.gif%22)%%3E
    400 Bad Request (text/html)

    The sprite images are in their right paths but it seems that the request is bad, it should ask for an image not "text/html", right?


    Any help would be appreciated,
    Miguel
  2. Danail Vasilev
    Admin
    Danail Vasilev avatar
    1502 posts

    Posted 29 May 2013 Link to this post

    Hi Miguel,

    It seems that you are loading skins of the RadEditor from external assembly. I can suggest you to briefly examine the How to load skins from external assemblies help article. For example it may be possible that you are missing something within:
    • Point 2 - Drop all skin related files for your control(s) in the project and mark them as embedded resources (right click, select Properties and from the Build Action dropdown choose Embedded Resource).
    • OR Point 5 - Add WebResource attributes for all the resources from step 3 in the new assembly, e.g.:
    [assembly: System.Web.UI.WebResource("Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Common.ModalDialogConfirm.gif", "image/gif")]
    If the above steps are not helpful you can open a support ticket and send us a fully runnable sample with reproduction steps of the issue, so that we can proceed further with the investigation.



    Regards,
    Danail Vasilev
    Telerik
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  3. tito miky
    tito miky avatar
    7 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2010

    Posted 29 May 2013 Link to this post

    Hello Danail,
        I changed the .css and delete the '<%WebResource%>' instruction.
    Thank you very much!
Back to Top