This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Editor in Window

4 Answers 161 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Rob asked on 01 Sep 2020, 04:05 PM

Is it possible to use an editor in a window? The following seems to hang the application when opening the window:

@page "/test"
<div class="container-fluid">
    <TelerikWindow Left="3rem" Top="2rem" Visible="@Visible">
        <WindowTitle>Test</WindowTitle>
        <WindowActions><WindowAction Name="Close" @onclick="@(() => Visible = false)" /></WindowActions>
        <WindowContent>
                <TelerikEditor @bind-Value="Body" Width="650px" Height="400px"></TelerikEditor>
        </WindowContent>
    </TelerikWindow>   
    <TelerikButton ButtonType="@ButtonType.Button" OnClick="@(() => Visible = true)">Editor</TelerikButton>   
</div>

@code{
    private string Body { get; set; }
    private bool Visible { get; set; }
}

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 01 Sep 2020, 04:51 PM

Hello Rob,

This issue is caused by this bug, and you can find a workaround in my post from 18 Aug 2020: https://feedback.telerik.com/blazor/1430180-telerikwindow-hosted-within-a-component-hosted-in-a-telerikwindow-goes-into-infinite-loop-eating-memory. I've added your Vote to it to raise its priority and you can Follow it for email status notifications.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Progress Telerik

Five days of Blazor, Angular, React, and Xamarin experts live-coding on twitch.tv/CodeItLive , special prizes and more, for FREE?! Register now for DevReach 2.0(20).

Rob
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
Iron
answered on 01 Sep 2020, 05:40 PM
Ok, thanks for that Marin!
Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Feb 2021, 07:51 AM

Hi, I had this issue too, but I've just re-tested in 2.21.1 and all seems to work fine. Tested for both Modal and non-modal windows.

Can Admin confirm it's fixed please?

Simon

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 01 Feb 2021, 11:05 AM

Hello Simon,

This is fixed, and the best way to track and confirm such statuses is through the feedback portal (here is this particular page). I'm attaching here a screenshot that illustrates this information, and here is the page that explains the possible statuses in more detail.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Tags
Editor
Asked by
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team