I am trying to create a "form layout designer" using RadTabStrip, RadPageView, RadDocks, as follows:
- A user can dynamically add tabs to the tab strip
- At the same time that a tab strip is added, I automatically add a page view "behind the scenes" so that there is a 1:1 correspondence with the tabs
- Inside each page view I automatically add a RadDockLayout
- A user can then dynamically add RadDockZones inside each layout (I am managing the placement and width via a combination of CSS and properties)
- Finally, users are free to select from a number of RadDocks, which then contain the form content, which they can then move freely between dock zones
I have gotten items 1-4 working fine - the positioning of dock zones remains stable and predictable between post-backs. However, I am having trouble getting #5 to work reliably. Among the symptoms I see:
- Only 1 dock appears after repeatedly adding docks to dock zones
- After postback, even the 1 dock disappears
Some details: as emphasized by the vast majority of documentation, it is best to create/re-create everything in Page_Init. Thus, I have:
Ignore the code about re-creating the tab collection - I'll use that later when I serialize/de-serialize to the database. Using reference code from Telerik, I have attached handlers for the SaveDockLayout and LoadDockLayout, like so:
And finally, inside the handlers:
I also have all the related code to "create dock from state", "save state trigger", and so on. It seems that these are getting called correctly, but still I get the symptoms described above!
Any ideas on what I'm missing here?