This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Deployment error

4 Answers 109 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sam asked on 21 Sep 2007, 07:52 PM
I am trying to deploy from one server to another and I am getting the following error:

Content deployment job 'Deploy ospipublic' failed.The exception thrown was 'System.InvalidOperationException' : 'Failed to compare two elements in the array.'

I have uninstalled the RadEditor, deleted the web.config safe entry, undeployed or retracted the solution, and deleted the web part from all the web pages.

Any idea why I would be getting this message?

Thanks,

Samantha

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 25 Sep 2007, 12:26 PM
Hello Sam,

This error can happen if you remove the a SharePoint solution without first deactivating the solution features from all sites, where they were activated. The solutions are removed physically, but they are still activated for some sites, which causes the above error. Unfortunately, I think the only workaround is to reinstall the editor, find the sites where the features are activated and deactivate them. Finally you should remove the editor again.

Sincerely yours,
Lini
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Sep 2007, 04:50 PM
Is there a way to deactivate a solution from the command line? If so, can you send me an example?

Thanks,

Sam
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Sep 2007, 05:56 PM
I think I found the example of the way to deactivate from the command line from another thread, so I don't need that. But I have another question...

In the RadEditor uninstall instructions it says to do the steps I have listed here below. We have not done this because we can't remember all the page layouts that we added the RadEditor registration line to. Is it possible that the deployment error is occurring because the RadEditor registration line is still in some page layouts? If so, (I know it is a stretch, but I might as well ask) do you know a way of searching all the page layouts in Sharepoint designer for this registration line?
  1. a. Open the page(s) in which you have used RadEditor for MOSS.
    b. Replace the RadEditor tags (radE:RadHtmlField) with the default editor tags:
    < PublishingWebControls:RichHtmlField runat="server" id="Content" FieldName="..." />
    c. Remove the RadEditor registration line from the top of the page:
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="radE" Namespace="Telerik.SharePoint.FieldEditor" Assembly="RadEditorSharePoint, Version=4.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1f131a624888eeed" %>
Thanks so much for your help,

Sam
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 26 Sep 2007, 06:04 AM
Hi Sam,

You can use SharePoint Designer to look for all the pages that have a RadEditor Html field in them. Open the find dialog and look for the html tag "radE:RadHtmlField" in All pages. See attached screenshot for more details. SharePoint designer will check each .aspx on the site and report which ones have the editor.

As I said earlier, I the original error is related to the RadEditor features. The publishing HTML fields or web parts you have on your site are not the reason for this problem. See the following blog post for more details - http://soerennielsen.wordpress.com/category/content-deployment/ (scroll down to the "Feature problems" section of the post). The easiest way to resolve this problem is to deploy the editor solution in your site again, de-activate the features from the Site Features page and then retract and remove the editor solution.

Greetings,
Lini
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lini