This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DCom error 10016 being thrown

1 Answer 60 Views
SocialShare
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
MB
Top achievements
Rank 1
MB asked on 05 Aug 2016, 07:41 AM

I built a really simple UserControl using the SocialShare control, just creating by creating a .ascx and registering the Telerik type.

It works fine as a widget on a Sitefinity website, but is causing DCom 10016 errors to be thrown.

The webserver was complaining that the account NetworkServices didn't have permissions to activate the specified application, and although it was easy enough to grant permissions (dcomcnfg) I was dubious about why I should need to do that.

However, I am also getting a similar DCom error being thrown on the client if I am using IE11 and need to use the developer tools to debug IE.

This is obviously a bit more disconcerting, as there shouldn't be a need to grant permissions for this type of scenario.

What am I doing wrong?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2016, 12:29 PM

Hello,

This does not seem related to RadSocialShare or our controls, especially considering that opening the console causes the same error. This seems like an issue with the OS itself.

Our controls are not special in any way and they operate like other MS AJAX based controls.

If the SendEmail button is enabled it renders a form that can be used to send an email and it has a captcha on it,  so there are only two specific things RadSocialShare may be doing:

• RadCaptcha may need access to the windows audio syntesizer to generate the audio code
  • if the user attempts to send an email, we use the built-in .NET class for sending emails through the server machine

In either case, it is very easy to remove this button and see if the issue continue. If they do, the problem is, most likely, coming from the machine itself, not from our controls.

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
SocialShare
Asked by
MB
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or