This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Could not load file or assembly Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2009.3.1314.20

1 Answer 180 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
mohammed
Top achievements
Rank 1
mohammed asked on 12 Mar 2010, 04:01 PM
My application was developed using telerik 2009 Q3 and I updated telerik version from 2009 to trial version 2010 Q1. I cannot launch my aplication any more.

How come there is no bin folder under "C:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2010". I see Bin20 and Bin35 folders instead.

Please help.

HEre is the error I get. I searched for Version=2009.3.1314.20 in my entire asp code and there is no reference to this. WHere is this reference coming from and how can I change it to 2010. BY the way I was successfull in using gacutil.exe and picking up Telerik.Web.UI.dll from bin20 folder.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2009.3.1314.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error: 

Line 1: <%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.master.cs" Inherits="TelerikComponentsWS.Default" %>Line 2:  
Line 3:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>

Source File: /Default.Master    Line: 1 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2009.3.1314.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = POINTCLICKCARE\alim
LOG: DisplayName = Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2009.3.1314.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4
 (Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/per/asp/TelerikComponentsWS/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\per\asp\TelerikComponentsWS\bin
Calling assembly : TelerikComponentsWS, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\per\asp\TelerikComponentsWS\web.config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2009.3.1314.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/e05be07f/76f5fedf/Telerik.Web.UI.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/e05be07f/76f5fedf/Telerik.Web.UI/Telerik.Web.UI.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/per/asp/TelerikComponentsWS/bin/Telerik.Web.UI.DLL.
WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: Major Version
ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80131040). Probing terminated.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 12 Mar 2010, 05:06 PM
Hi Mohammed,

With the Q1 2010 release we introduced a new assembly, compiled referencing .NET Framework 4.0. To eliminate confusion we decided to change the bin folder name to bin20, taking the risk of inconsistency.
As a side note, we modified the Visual Studio Extensions to recognize both the old and new setups (bin and bin20), so you could use the New Telerik WebSite/WebApplication project template without any risks.

You can find some more information in the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2010 release comes with native .NET 4 builds and JavaScript IntelliSense in VS 2008/2010 blog post.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
mohammed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
Share this question
or