Could not load file or assembly 'RadTabStrip.Net2'

3 posts, 1 answers
  1. vtech
    vtech avatar
    17 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2004

    Posted 26 Oct 2009 Link to this post

    Hi,

    First off .. fantastic components.  We love em.

    We recently upgraded to Ajax Q3 2008, and get this error in our log:

    /WebResource.axd?d=vI7TvXstQkUlGOkffVYeiVH4oLo4xHYRyAN623_y6fyo6Bi_iDlXR_gHntoUm6ZjweHp_GF5UCroszHCDApuGZG4NC3OcFpX7hlk236bqRE1&t=633052519160000000 
    Mozilla/5.0 
    (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.0 (KHTML, like 
    Gecko) Chrome/3.0.195.27 Safari/532.0, System.IO.FileNotFoundException: 
    Could not load file or assembly 'RadTabStrip.Net2' or one of its 
    dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. 
    File name: 'RadTabStrip.Net2' 
     at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String 
    codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, 
    StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean 
    forIntrospection) 
     at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String 
    codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, 
    StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean 
    forIntrospection) 
     at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName 
    assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, 
    Boolean forIntrospection) 
     at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, 
    Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean 
    forIntrospection) 
       at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) 
       at System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) 
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() 
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) 
     
    WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. 
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. 
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. 
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. 
     

    From what I understand, this file belonged to the old installation?

    We've installed the new Telerik.Web.UI.DLL in the GAC, and have done a plain text search of all files (i.e. *.* ) and cannot find a single reference to the previous version RadTabStrip.Net2 ... (new version all in the one Web.UI.DLL), or the actual file.

    Must be searching for the wrong thing or something?    

    Are you able to help get rid of this error?   The actual TabStrips are appearing fine .. seems an intermittent error...

    :-)

    Thanks for your help.
  2. Answer
    Veselin Vasilev
    Admin
    Veselin Vasilev avatar
    2992 posts

    Posted 28 Oct 2009 Link to this post

    Hi vtech,

    1. Check the web.config for references
    2. If it is a Web Site then right click on the solution and select Property Pages. Under the References node you should check the references.
    3. If it is a Web Application make sure that the Show All Files button is clicked in the Solution Explorer. There should be a References node in the project tree. Open it and check for a reference.

    If the solution contains several projects - check all of them.

    And finally - test the page from another browser/computer. It could be cached and the link to the web resource could point to the old version.

    Kind regards,
    Veselin Vasilev
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  3. vtech
    vtech avatar
    17 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2004

    Posted 02 Nov 2009 Link to this post

    Thanks Veselin - you people really are terrific.

    I did go through and check everything as suggested, I even used a full-text search of every file/dll/assembly to try and locate, but no success.

    The solution however, was (as suggested) related to caching by site visitors.  As the week from the upgrade progressed, the instance of the error got less and less and now doesn't occur at all, which would confirm that the request was coming from  a cached page.

    Thanks again to the Telerik Team for a fantastic product & service.
Back to Top