This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI 0x80131515

1 Answer 571 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
George
Top achievements
Rank 2
George asked on 22 Aug 2018, 02:25 AM

I deployed my web app to Azure fine, then I attempted to deploy to GoDaddy and I got this compile error out of the blue. No new tools or GITs at all.

Error: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2017.2.711.45, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)'SignupListC:\Users\George\OneDrive\SignupList\SignupList\LC

I run an up to date version Windows 10 64, Visual Studio Community 2017 Version 15.4.1, .Net Framework Version4.7.03056 using Telerik ASP.Net AJAX tools.

The Telerik.Web.UI.dll in bin and the reference are Version 2017.2.711.45.

I looked at lots of the solutions in the forum to 0x80131515 problems with Telerik DLLs.

My file properties do not have an Unblock button for Telerik.Web.UI.dll. (I do not run as with administrator abilities for security reasons).  I have a feeling this is the solution I need.

Removing the Properties/licenses.licx results in a compile error that the licenses.licx does not exist. Should be regenerated somehow?

Removing the reference to Telerik.Web.UI and re-adding it did not work.
My Web.config already had - <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" />

Update while writing this.  I managed after several tries to upgrade to ASP.Net Ajax version  4 so my Telerik.Web.UI.dll is now version v4.0.30319. The error message has stayed the same though, saying it cannot find 2017.2.711.45 which now does not exist. An extra problem,  how do I get my project to look for the right version.  There is no 2017.anything in my Web.config

Nothing works, I am dead in the water for development not being able to compile and deploy.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
George
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 22 Aug 2018, 03:38 AM

An interesting solution, based on another post I restarted my computer. It was one of those ones like an update type where you wait a while for your taskbar to show up.  Then a full build with a clean worked and deploying to GoDaddy worked.

I now have several strange warnings about Telerik.Web.UI depending on other Telerik DLLs with certain version numbers that are actually there. One was different and it also depended on some non-Telerik ones I do not have.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
George
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
George
Top achievements
Rank 2
Share this question
or