This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Client Side Filtering

1 Answer 38 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gaurav
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gaurav asked on 07 May 2012, 06:08 AM
hi all,

well i have a question, i am using a telerik RadGrid to bind the data from the server end and i need the filter that data on the client end without hitting the server again i.e. without getting the data back from database.

i know it is possible with using columns and binding the data back with GridBoundColumn but my problem is that i am using ItemTemplate within which i am creating the table to make it look just like my client needs, so is it possible to filter the data in the ItemTemplate without columns(gridboundcolumns).

i hope i make sense out of it.

Thanks in advance, 

waiting for the possible solution asap.

Gaurav Sharma

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 08 May 2012, 03:19 PM
Hello,

Every filter, sort, page and group operations are performed on the datasource not on the data in RadGrid. So, if you want to filter the data and the grid is bind using server-side binding, then you will need to go the server to filter the data and then the returned data by the datasource will be shown in RadGrid on the client.

The only way to filter data on the client is to use client-side binding.

All the best,
Andrey
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Gaurav
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrey
Telerik team
Share this question
or