This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Case Insensitive Grid Filtering

1 Answer 415 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ivo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ivo asked on 01 Aug 2016, 05:57 PM

Hello everybody,

I had followed Morten´s suggestion to solve Case Sensitiveness at post "RadGrid Filter Case Sensitive?" by adding <GroupingSettings CaseSensitive="false" /> to my RadGrig.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="rg" runat="server" AllowFilteringByColumn="True" AllowFiltering="True">
  <GroupingSettings CaseSensitive="false" />

It partially works at my scenario. I use DataSourceID and let´s say I have 20 records at my datasource, I am filtering with the EmployeeName column. 

If I write "ce" the filter works fine and it retrieves just one record "Bruce Wayne" (see filter_ce.jpg) BUT
If I write "ca" the filter doesn´t work and it retrieves all records at the DataSource (see filter_ca.jpg).

In both cases I am using Contains to apply the filter.

Any ideas about what is going on?? how can I correct this behavior??
If you need me to provide more info just let me know.

Thnx in advance

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Aug 2016, 02:50 PM
Hi Ivo,

Would you send us a small runnable sample where the behavior is replicated so we can examine it? You can attach the sample in a support ticket.

Alternatively, please provide the complete markup for RadGrid with the relative code-behind. This way we can examine the code and look for what could cause the observed behavior.

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Ivo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
Share this question
or