This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Build 1319: all of a sudden we need ASP.NET 3.5 SP1?

2 Answers 46 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
SamVanity
Top achievements
Rank 2
SamVanity asked on 20 Jan 2009, 07:29 PM
I was the one who reported that the RadCompression module in build 1314 did not work with Medium Trust last week.

And so you released a new build 1316, and then yesterday 1319.

However, I found that both new builds (1316 and 1319) do not work at all with ASP.NET 3.5, but work fine with ASP.NET 3.5 SP1.

Then I submit another support ticket reporting this issue, and got this kind of response:

====
in order to use our RadScriptManager in .Net 3.5 environment you should use latest framework's service pack.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience.

====

This is not just an inconvenience!

I am building an application on top of ASP.NET 3.5 for clients, and it is not possible to ask all our clients to suddenly upgrade to SP1!!

Build 1314 works fine with 3.5, but not 1319?

I was just asking you guys to support RadCompression in medium trust, and all of a sudden you changed the system requirements to 3.5 SP1 only??

The new builds simply do not work, whether or not I choose to enable RadCompression.

This is just plain ridiculous.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jan 2009, 08:05 AM
Hello Sam Van,

My name is Atanas Korchev and I am one of the people who developed RadScriptManager. I just tested both 1314 and the current internal build 1320 and they both seem to work with .net 3.5 (prior SP1). Also there are no changes in RadScriptManager between 1314 and 1319. The Telerik.Web.UI assembly is built agains .net 3.5 (without SP1 installed). Find attached the test web site and let me know if it works at your site.

Could the problem be the one mentioned in this blog post (you developed on a pc with SP1 installed and deployed on a pc with SP1 not installed)?

Regards,
Atanas Korchev,
the Telerik dev team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
SamVanity
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Jan 2009, 08:38 PM
Hi Atanas,

I like the way you provide customer support. You deal with the problem instead of throwing senseless comments to your customer like the previous guys did to me.

I can confirm that 1320 works. As soon as I compile my dll against your 1320 (on a machine with 3.5 SP1 installed), my application works on my server without SP1.

I double checked again by compiling against 1319 and then 1316, and the application failed right away on my server in both cases.

So, there are definitely problems in your 1316 and 1319 build. The blog you referred to is right on the money, but the issue happened on your side.

Please make sure this does not happen again in the future.
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
SamVanity
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
SamVanity
Top achievements
Rank 2