This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Blazor 2.22.0 injects a global.json of NET 5.0.101 but we are using NET 5.0.103

5 Answers 93 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
SBSDEV
Top achievements
Rank 1
SBSDEV asked on 24 Feb 2021, 06:49 PM

Hello,

Latest 2.22.0 within the NuGet package has a content file of global.json. Is there a reason it is doing this? We use our own global.json at the solution root and want to control that for deterministic build. What I don't know is whether the client project with the Telerik NuGet dependency (and the injected global.json) is honoring your injected copy at the project level or if it uses the solution's. Either way, unless there is an explicit reason this is needed can you remove it from the package?

Thank you!

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 24 Feb 2021, 08:03 PM

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this.

Indeed, it should not be there and we will be working on removing it.

In the meantime, could you try deleting the file to see if it goes away? On my end it does, so I wanted to see if that works for you too.

Also, what problems does that cause on your end considering that, at most, it should make CLI commands run an earlier patch?

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

SBSDEV
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Feb 2021, 08:06 PM

Marin,

Just tried it. I can manually delete it but it returns on package restore as you might expect :)

And I don't know if it is definitively causing an issue given - if a global.json file is at the solution root I don't know if it honors that. It does appear to interfere with a dotnet publish though and it stomps over my file in the client folder.

For the immediate now I will just add a command to copy mine back in between the Restore and Build steps.

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 25 Feb 2021, 11:50 AM

Hi,

Could you try:

1. clearing your local nuget cache (the easiest way is to run "dotnet nuget locals all --clear" in your terminal)
  2. cleaning the project
  3. restoring and rebuilding

The goal is to remove the current package you have so it can be restored anew from our live feed where this should be fixed now.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

SBSDEV
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Feb 2021, 06:29 PM
Worked perfectly. Thank you! 
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 25 Feb 2021, 07:12 PM

Great! 

Thank you for confirming this for me. You will also find your Telerik points updated as a small "thank you" for bringing this up.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Progress Telerik

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
SBSDEV
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
SBSDEV
Top achievements
Rank 1