Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
390 views
I am trying to extend the the rad async uploader to do something similar to the demo but i am not having any luck with getting the custom configuartions  before inseting the image. The example i was trying to follow was this
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/upload/examples/async/imageuploader/defaultvb.aspx

Dwayne
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Sep 2010
0 answers
54 views
2 answers
215 views
Hi,

I have a repeater and I want to use 2 radnumerictextboxes in the template. Then I need to call a javascript function on one of them that will copy its value to the other control onblur

<telerik:RadNumericTextBox runat="server" ID="txtRisk" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="2" Type="Number"  Width="65" CssClass="BetslipTextBox" ShowSpinButtons="true" ButtonsPosition="Right" IncrementSettings-InterceptArrowKeys="true" IncrementSettings-Step="1" MinValue="5" MaxValue="9999" ></telerik:RadNumericTextBox>

<telerik:RadNumericTextBox runat="server" ID="txtWin" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="2" Type="Number"  Width="65" CssClass="BetslipTextBox" ShowSpinButtons="true" ButtonsPosition="Right" IncrementSettings-InterceptArrowKeys="true" IncrementSettings-Step="1" MinValue="5" MaxValue="9999" ></telerik:RadNumericTextBox>

I did this in code-behind:

RadNumericTextBox w = (RadNumericTextBox)e.Item.FindControl("txtWin");
RadNumericTextBox r = (RadNumericTextBox)e.Item.FindControl("txtRisk");
w.Attributes.Add("onblur", "return CalculateRisk(" + w.ClientID + "," + r.ClientID + ");");

in the javascript:

This shows me the value correctly:
 alert(document.getElementById(win.id).value);
which is:
ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_rptName_ctl01_txtWin

but I can't set it

when I view source it shows that it added a "_text" to the end of the id so it really is:

ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_rptName_ctl01_txtWin_text


This does set it (when I hard code it):
document.getElementById('ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_rptStraight_ctl01_txtWin_text').value = "50";

What is the right way to do this?  The above code does work for a regular asp:textBox but I want to use yours!

I also tried  <ClientEvents OnBlur="TestOnBlur /> and was able to get the sender but how do I access the other controls if I cant pass them?

Thanks

Jennifer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Sep 2010
3 answers
130 views
Hi everyone,

I have a simple site that I am working on, and have a page which uses an asp.net MasterPage and a RadAjaxPanel to hold the main content of the page.  Within this are several regular asp.Panels. 

The idea is to have a single sign-up page, showing different asp.Panel instances to indicate the step in the process.  This works fine.

Near the end is the facility to upload an image or video, and I am using RadUpload (with the RadProgressManager).  Again, this works fine, BUT here is where my newbie-to-Telerik status lets me down.

I'm not totally clear on how I know when a file has finished uploading.  I expected there to be some kind of event to which I could place some code, but other than using something like:

if (Page.IsPostBack)
{
   // perhaps we've uploaded a file?
   if (RadUpload1.UploadedFiles.Count>0)
   {
        panSampleTestUploadSelect.Visible = false;
        panSampleTestUploadComplete.Visible = true;
   }
}

...I am not sure what else to do.  I think I must be misunderstanding something here.  The other bit of code I am using is an asp.Button to trigger the upload (button has been explicitly set to PostBack):

protected void CmdUpload_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    if (RadUpload1.UploadedFiles.Count > 0)
    {
        System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(3000);
    }
}

I'm not even clear why I this thread should sleep for 3 seconds - can anyone explain?  Incidentally, I copied this from an example in the online help.

OK, thanks for any help!
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Sep 2010
2 answers
170 views
I am using the Editor in RTL mode.  Everything seems to be working ok except for some of the manager dialogs.  For example, if I launch the Image Manager and select a file from the list, the Properties tab is hidden off to the left of the dialog.  When I move my cursor over to where the Properties tab should be it suddenly appears (you can see this behavior in your live demo here: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/editor/examples/righttoleft/defaultcs.aspx).  When I click on the Properties tab, many of the controls to set the property values are all shifted over and inaccessible.  The "link" to tie the Width and Height properties together to maintain the image proportions is not there at all.

I just installed the latest Q2 2010.2.826 version of the dll and am still having issues.

Can you please let me know if there is a fix for this?

Thank you.
Dan
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Sep 2010
2 answers
191 views
I have a website that was using the ASP.Net Ajax controls version 2009.3.1208.35.  I have installed the 2010.2.826.35 version and am trying to upgrade my website.  I run the Upgrade Wizard and everything runs successfully.  If I look in the Bin folder of my website I can see that the new version of the Telerik.Web.Ui.dll is there.  However, as soon as I rebuild my website it reverts back to the old version.  I can right-click on the dll file within Visual Studio and say Update Reference and the new version is copied in again.  But then it goes away if I rebuild.

Can you help figure out why the latest version keeps getting overwritten?

Thanks.
Dan

P.S. I have other websites also using the Telerik controls that upgraded fine.
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Sep 2010
2 answers
209 views
I'm having a few issues with the radGrid and the NestedViewTemplate.
The most pressing now is that when I expand to show my child panel
with grids in it the parent grid is resizing. I'm sure this is hard
to explain. I will attach a screen shot of the grids. I need  to
know how to keep the parent grid columns from growing and shrinking
with the child grids.



<telerik:RadGrid Width="655px" Height="540px" style="margin:15px 5px 5px 5px;" ID="GridAudit" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" AllowSorting="True" AllowMultiRowSelection="False" OnPreRender="GridAudit_PreRender" OnItemCommand="GridAudit_ItemCommand" OnItemCreated="GridAudit_ItemCreated">
<ClientSettings>
<ClientEvents OnHierarchyExpanding="GridAudit_HierarchyExpanding" />
<Scrolling AllowScroll="true" />
</ClientSettings>
<MasterTableView HierarchyLoadMode="Client" ClientDataKeyNames="AuditId">
    <Columns>
    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="AuditId" UniqueName="AuditId" Visible="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="EntryId" UniqueName="EntryId" Visible="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Company Name" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" DataField="CompanyName" UniqueName="CompanyName" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
        <telerik:GridDateTimeColumn HeaderText="Date Assigned" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" DataField="DateAssigned" UniqueName="DateAssigned" DataFormatString="{0:MM/dd/yyyy h:mm tt}" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left"></telerik:GridDateTimeColumn>
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Assigned To" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" DataField="AssignedToFullName" UniqueName="AssignedToFullName" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
        <telerik:GridDateTimeColumn HeaderText="Date Closed" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" DataField="DateClosed" UniqueName="DateClosed" DataFormatString="{0:MM/dd/yyyy h:mm tt}" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left"></telerik:GridDateTimeColumn>
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Closed By" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" DataField="ClosedByFullName" UniqueName="ClosedByFullName" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Disposition" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" DataField="DispositionDescription" UniqueName="DispositionDescription" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Status" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" DataField="StatusDescription" UniqueName="StatusDescription" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Left"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>                           
        </Columns>
    <NestedViewTemplate>
        <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="InnerContainer" Visible="true">
          <telerik:RadTabStrip runat="server" ID="TabStip1" MultiPageID="Multipage1" skin="PriorityPayment" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" SelectedIndex="0">
    <Tabs>
        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Capture Points" PageViewID="PVCapturePoints"></telerik:RadTab>
        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Contacts" PageViewID="PVContacts">
        </telerik:RadTab>
        <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Notes" PageViewID="PVNotes">
        </telerik:RadTab>
    <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Appointments" PageViewID="PVSchedules">
        </telerik:RadTab>
    </Tabs>
 </telerik:RadTabStrip>
 <telerik:RadMultiPage runat="server" ID="Multipage1" SelectedIndex="0">
 <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="PVCapturePoints">
    <telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="GridCapturePoints" AllowSorting="true" OnDataBinding="GridCapturePoints_DataBinding" Height="240px">
        <MasterTableView>
        </MasterTableView>
    </telerik:RadGrid>
 </telerik:RadPageView>
 <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="PVContacts">
     <telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="GridContacts" AllowSorting="true" OnDataBinding="GridContacts_DataBinding" Height="240px">
          <MasterTableView>
          </MasterTableView>
     </telerik:RadGrid>
 </telerik:RadPageView>
 <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="PVNotes">
     <telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="GridNotes" AllowSorting="true" OnDataBinding="GridNotes_DataBinding" Height="240px">
    <MasterTableView>
        </MasterTableView>
     </telerik:RadGrid>
 </telerik:RadPageView>
 <telerik:RadPageView runat="server" ID="PVSchedules">
     <telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="GridSchedules" AllowSorting="true" OnDataBinding="GridSchedules_DataBinding" Height="240px">
    <MasterTableView>
    </MasterTableView>
     </telerik:RadGrid>
 </telerik:RadPageView>
 </telerik:RadMultiPage>
 </asp:Panel>
 </NestedViewTemplate>
 </MasterTableView>
 </telerik:RadGrid>

Shane
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Sep 2010
2 answers
174 views
I've got an old site we've upgraded to the most recent version of the Telerik controls but when we went to check out the RadEditor none of the buttons do anything. No dialogs no formatting nothing. So I created a blank page and gave it RadEditor then tested it. this works fine the dialogs work and so does the formatting. I pointed to this test page's RadEditor to the same custom tools file we used and now nothing works again. I was under the impression you could create custom tools files and so long as the names of the tools matched those that were present in the RadEditor by default they would just work. Essentially using the custom tools file as a way to reorder the tools how you saw fit, etc.

Am I missing something obvious that is preventing any of the buttons from working when this custom tools file is used??

Test Page
<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="editor.aspx.vb" Inherits="TestSite.editor" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManager>
    <div>
        <telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" runat="server" ToolsFile="test.xml">
        </telerik:RadEditor>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

Tools File
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<root>
    <modules />
    <tools name="MainToolbar">
        <tool name="Cut" title="Cut (CTRL+X)" shortcut="CTRL+X" />
        <tool name="Copy" title="Copy (CTRL+C)" shortcut="CTRL+C" />
        <tool name="Paste" title="Paste(CTRL+V)" shortcut="CTRL+V" />
        <tool separator="true" />
        <tool name="Undo" title="Undo (CTRL+Z)" shortcut="CTRL+Z" />
        <tool name="Redo" title="Redo (CTRL+Y)" shortcut="CTRL+Y" />
        <tool separator="true" />
        <tool name="ImageManager" title="Image Manager" />
        <tool name="LinkManager" title="Create Link" />
        <tool name="Unlink" title="Unlink" />
        <tool name="InsertHorizontalRule" title="Insert Horizontal Rule" />
        <tool separator="true" />
        <tool name="Bold" title="Bold (CTRL+B)" shortcut="CTRL+B" />
        <tool name="Italic" title="Italic" />
        <tool name="Underline" title="Underline (CTRL+U)" shortcut="CTRL+U" />
        <tool separator="true" />
        <tool name="JustifyLeft" title="Justify Left" />
        <tool name="JustifyCenter" title="Justify Center" />
        <tool name="JustifyRight" title="Justify Right" />
        <tool separator="true" />
        <tool name="InsertOrderedList" title="Numbered List" />
        <tool name="InsertUnorderedList" title="Bulleted List" />
        <tool name="Indent" title="Indent" />
        <tool name="Outdent" title="Outdent" />
        <tool separator="true" />
        <tool name="InsertTable" title="Insert Table" />
        <tool separator="true" />
        <tool name="Help" title="Help" />
    </tools>
    <tools name="SecondaryToolbar" dockable="true">
        <tool name="Print" title="Print" />
        <tool name="FormatStripper" title="Clean" />
        <tool name="FindAndReplace" title="Find And Replace" />
        <tool name="SpellCheck" title="SpellCheck" />
        <tool name="FormatBlock" title="Paragraph" />
        <tool separator="true" />
        <tool name="ApplyClass" title="Styles" />
        <tool separator="true" />
        <tool name="FontName" title="Font" enabled="false" />
        <tool name="InsertSymbol" title="Insert Symbol" />
        <tool name="InsertSnippet" title="Insert Snippet" />
        <tool name="FlashManager" title="Insert Flash" />
        <tool name="MediaManager" title="Insert Media" />
        <tool name="DocumentManager" title="Insert Document" />
        <tool name="InsertCustomLink" title="CustomLinks" />
    </tools>
</root>
Nick
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Sep 2010
5 answers
342 views
hi,
m using multiview in my form.
and in one view m using so many combo boxes.
when i load page at first time, combo boxes appear fine.
bt when i select dat veiw again, all the combo boxes have weird problem.
in all the combo boxes 'select' word appears in place of dropdown arrow image.
and all the items of the combo box becomes transperent. i m seeing items of combo box as well as the page behind that items.
and i cant select any item from dat.
pls do help me to solve this problem. i have simmilar error in lots of pages.
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Sep 2010
1 answer
84 views
I need help figuring out how to make my y axis values a systolic over diastolic value....

Example: "89/105"

Is there a way to do this?  i'm getting the following error: 

"Telerik.Charting.ChartException: The type of column with name  VitalValue is not numeric"

I was thinking I could do something like this....

rcBloodPressure.PlotArea.YAxis.Appearance.ValueFormat = Telerik.Charting.Styles.ChartValueFormat.None
rcBloodPressure.PlotArea.YAxis.Appearance.CustomFormat = "##/##"
 But it's not working, any suggestions?
Jarrette
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?