Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
116 views
Dear Telerik-Team

I add a RadWindowManager and a RadWIndow to my page. I set via javascript the target for the RadWindow. The RadWIndow open up with the target dir. Everything as aspected! But how can I access controls in the RadWIndow from the page with open up the RadWindow. If I use the the RadWindow with a content template there isn't a probelm but with a navigation url I don't find the way to access something in the RadWIndow.

Thanks for your help.
Christian
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
1 answer
119 views
I use this code to resize grid page to fit spliter container and browser window

Protected Sub RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxRequestEventArgs)
        Dim rows As Integer = (Int32.Parse(Me.RadPane2.Height.Value.ToString()) - 80) / 27
If rows >= 1 Then
grid.MasterTableView.PageSize = rows
grid.Rebind()
End If
End Sub

and that works ok but problem is when grid have grouping. Group headers use some space and question ih how to determine how groups have each page to corect pagesize property? One page can have 1 group and another 10 or more...

If grid.MasterTableView.GroupByExpressions.Count <> 0 Then
rows = rows - ???
End If



Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
1 answer
74 views
I have a radwindow for a popup, if I move or resize the window, the parent page where the radwindowmanager is, goes white, i.e. all content is hidden untill the users stops moving the radwindow.  Any ideas what would cause this?
mabs
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
2 answers
142 views
Hi,

My aim is to retain the splitter position after postback or new page request or cross page request.

for example i have welcome page that contains the link to webpart page where my webpart exist with splitter.
When i set the splitter position and move back to welcome page and then go again to the webpart page, the position of the splitter should exist.
i know i need to store the value in cookie and then re-assigned the value to the Radpane anyother other solution if exist please let me know, with any code example.
So I want to grab the splitter width on On-ClientResized  event. and assign to the radpane back in OnClientLoad event.

However right now i am facing issue, for raising the OnClient-Resized event.
My code goes here.. This code is called in CreateChildControls() method....

         splitter = new RadSplitter();
            splitter.ID = Constant.SPLITTERCLIENTID;
            splitter.Width = Unit.Percentage(100);
            splitter.Height = Unit.Percentage(100);
            
                splitter.OnClientResized = "afterResize()";
             //left pane for tree view
            leftPane = new RadPane();
            leftPane.Width = Unit.Pixel(200);
            leftPane.Scrolling = SplitterPaneScrolling.Both;
            leftPane.MinWidth = 150;
            splitter.Items.Add(leftPane);
            
            // split bar
            var radSplitBar = new RadSplitBar();
            radSplitBar.CollapseMode = SplitBarCollapseMode.Forward;
            
            
            splitter.Items.Add(radSplitBar);


It does not fire the event when i resize the splitter bar.
Following options i tried
                splitter.OnClientResized = "afterResize()"; Result: call the javascript function on Page load and not on re-sizing.
or
                splitter.OnClientResized = "afterResize";  Result : this does not even call the javascript function on page load.
or
                splitter.OnClientResized = "javascript:function afterResize(sender, Args){....}";
                                                                 Result: Does not call the javscript function at all.

Any immediate help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Govind.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
2 answers
190 views
Hi, 

I'm currently having a quite strange issue.
Juste for you to know, I have the latest version of ASP.NET AJAX (V2010.2.929.40)

So, I'm developing a Website, I hit F5 sometimes to check how it's going on... And their is no problem!
After some hours of coding, I put my project on a server... And their, it's not working in the same way...

And with IE 8, I have this appearing : 
Détails de l’erreur de la page Web
 
Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; InfoPath.2; MALC)
Horodateur : Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:49:27 UTC
 
 
Message : Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
Details: Error parsing near '
<!DOCTYPE html PUB'.
Ligne : 6
Caractère : 84093
Code : 0
URI : http://10.199.102.121:443/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl00_RScM1_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bSystem.Web.Extensions%2c+Version%3d4.0.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d31bf3856ad364e35%3afr-FR%3a8f393b2b-3315-402f-b504-cd6d2db001f6%3aea597d4b%3ab25378d2%3bTelerik.Web.UI%3afr-FR%3a183fb741-216d-4765-9b46-4a1f5d38fdd7%3a16e4e7cd%3af7645509%3a22a6274a%3a86526ba7%3a874f8ea2%3aed16cbdc%3a24ee1bba%3ae330518b%3a1e771326%3ac8618e41%3ae4f8f289%3a8e6f0d33%3a6a6d718d
 
 =========================================================================================================
 
Détails de l’erreur de la page Web
 
Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; InfoPath.2; MALC)
Horodateur : Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:58:32 UTC
 
 
Message : Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.
Details: Error parsing near '
<!DOCTYPE html PUB'.
Ligne : 6
Caractère : 84093
Code : 0
URI : http://10.199.102.121:443/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl00_RScM1_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bSystem.Web.Extensions%2c+Version%3d4.0.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d31bf3856ad364e35%3afr-FR%3a8f393b2b-3315-402f-b504-cd6d2db001f6%3aea597d4b%3ab25378d2%3bTelerik.Web.UI%3afr-FR%3a183fb741-216d-4765-9b46-4a1f5d38fdd7%3a16e4e7cd%3af7645509%3a22a6274a%3a86526ba7%3a874f8ea2%3aed16cbdc%3a24ee1bba%3ae330518b%3a1e771326%3ac8618e41%3ae4f8f289%3ab7778d6c%3a19620875%3a39040b5c%3ae524c98b%3aaa288e2d%3a58366029%3a8674cba1%3ac08e9f8a%3ae085fe68%3aa51ee93e%3a59462f1%3bAjaxControlToolkit%2c+Version%3d3.0.20229.20843%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d28f01b0e84b6d53e%3afr-FR%3a3b7d1b28-161f-426a-ab77-b345f2c428f5%3ab14bb7d5%3a13f47f54%3a3c55b13e%3adc2d6e36%3ade51bc8f%3a1d056c78%3aa3e10fa2%3a701e375f%3aa4313c7a


I don't understand where to search for this error... !

So, my page arrive well in my browser, and when I try to update my DetailView (Witch is in a Telerik:RadAjaxPanel), I have this problem

Can you help me please ? 

Jean-Yves
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
5 answers
131 views
When I have a RadWindow modal window open that has a RadToolBar, and press the access key for a RadToolBar on the parent form, that button is getting executed, rather than being ignored because there's a modal open.  Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
3 answers
140 views
Hi

I am using Rotator with these Properties.

 <radr:RadRotator ID="thumbRotator" runat="server" ScrollDirection="Left" RotatorType="SlideShow"
                        Height="90px" SlideShowAnimation-Type="None" FrameDuration="500" Width="600px"
                        ItemHeight="90" ItemWidth="200" DataSourceID="sdsTemp">

its giving me problem in google chrome. when i mouse over it and move the mouse wheel its start scrolling. Any work arround would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
2 answers
130 views
Hey there,

I am using a RadGrid in which i am using a dataset as datasource and bringing complete database table on the grid.I am using Buttond for Edit,Delete and Save outside the grid on Row Select.I have made an asp:Panel under the grid to show the textBoxes for editing values for the selected row.Now my asp:panel contains 2 buttons save and cancel.

My problem is:--
   The values of the selected rows are shown in the textBoxes on panel for editing,And after editing when i click save I've hided the panel but values are not saved in the row.Unless postback takes place,like if i select another row and click edit then page postbacks and the row edited previously now shows the edited values in the gridRow.
 
  I am not using Need Data Suorces event of Grid.Is it mandatory to use?
  If so whats the proper method of implementing it in my case?


Thanks
Amit.
Amit
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
17 answers
1.2K+ views
Hi All,

Is there a way to make the editor start with a default font rather than Times New Roman ?

I've managed to restrict the fonts that appear in the Fonts drop-down by adding the following to my ToolsFile.xml file:

<fontNames>
   <item name="Arial" />
   <item name="Arial Narrow" />
   <item name="Arial Black" />
</fontNames>

However the default font when the editor opens is still Times New Roman.

Cheers,
Chris
Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
1 answer
58 views
For the RadGrid, there is an event called OnHierarchyCollapsed.  Is there an equivalent event server side, or a way to emulate it?

Thanks.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?