Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
6 answers
253 views
From the content page we open a radwindow in which we have a radGrid. OnRowDoubleclick of that radGrid we have a function which makes an Ajax call to the server side through the RadAjax manager. Now in the function onAjaxRequest end we have code to close the opened RadWindow. which is giving me this error.

function CloseRadWindow()
            {
                var oManager = parent.GetRadWindowManager();                     
                var oWnd = oManager.getActiveWindow();
                if (oWnd != null)
                {                    
                    oWnd.close();                    
                }
                return false;
            }

RadWindowManager is present on the parent page.

This code works fine (closes the radWindow if we do not make any AjaxRequest to searver side).
Do we have any work around to fix this Issue?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
3 answers
163 views
Hi Team,
                   I'm using Rad Grid. I want to create Link buttons in RadGrid on alternate columns. I'm not using ItemTemplate. I'm just giving DataSource of RadGrid is DataTable. 

Please help me on this... We need the solution urgently... plz plz help me soon....


My desired output need to be like below. and i need to fire a event hander whenever i click on the link buttons
the I need to Assign the FormatString dynamically to all the Columns like below...

My Requirements:
1) when ever i click the Name column: then the (Header_Click) event handler has to fired. 
2) when ever i click Salary column Link button then (Linkbutton_Click) 
event handler has to fired.
3) I need to assign my custom Format String to all the columns
Example for 3rd Requirement
we are giving Input  like below:
Data                  : 15000
Format String    : $##,##,###.00

we need the Output like below:
$15,000.00

Name

2007

2007

2007

2008

2008

2008

2009

2009

2009

 

Salary

PF

HRA

Salary

PF

HRA

Salary

PF

HRA

 

Alexis

$5000

5%

10

$6000

6%

15

$7000

7%

20

 

Michael

$4000

 

4%

80

$4500

 

4.5%

10

$5500

 

5.5%

15

 

Smith

$3000

 

3%

50

$4000

 

4%

10

$5000

 

5%

15

 

Jessica

$4500

4.5%

10

$5500

5.5%

15

$6500

6.5%

18

 

 

 

 

 








Thanks in advance
Alexis
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
3 answers
318 views
Hi,

i have this "JSON primitive" error in runtime upon clicking a button in the usercontrol inside the radgrid. i dont know what control causes this, since i only have a radgrid in parent control, an update panel and rad tabstrip and two radeditor inside a user control.

any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
1 answer
100 views
I have a styling issue in the TitlebarTemplate with fire fox:
<telerik:RadDockZone ID="RadDockZone1" runat="server" Width="99%">
    <telerik:RadDock ID="rdSystemInfo" runat="server" Width="99%" Skin="Web20">
        <Commands>
        </Commands>
        <TitlebarTemplate>
            <div>
                <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Label" Font-Bold="true" Font-Size="Medium"></asp:Label>
            </div>
        </TitlebarTemplate>
        <ContentTemplate>
            test
        </ContentTemplate>
    </telerik:RadDock>
</telerik:RadDockZone>

this renders like this: http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3931/withoutlineheight.gif

So I added a style to the div:

<div style="line-height:25px;">
    <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Label" Font-Bold="true" Font-Size="Medium"></asp:Label>
</div>

then it comes out like this: http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/716/withlineheight.gif

I have tried to analyze the styles in firebug to make sure it isn't conflicting with existing styles on the page but there isn't anything else affecting the radDock.

The control works fine in IE.

We're currently using 2009.3.1103.35
Steven
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
2 answers
165 views
I have a page where It is possible to luanceh more than one radwindow, I am creating these windows in the following way,
var popup = window.radopen(Url, null);
The user can click a button which will open window 'a', they can then do something else that will cause window 'b' to open.  When in window 'b' I would like to get hold of window 'a' to refresh the content.  I would guess a way to find this is to find the window which is not selected, which would be window 'a'.  I have no idea on how to do this, I can only seem to get hold of the current window when using GetRadWindow()
function GetRadWindow() {
    var oWindow = null;
    if (window.radWindow) oWindow = window.radWindow;
    else if (window.frameElement.radWindow) oWindow = window.frameElement.radWindow;
    return oWindow;
}
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
3 answers
235 views

Hi. We have a user control that has a rad window and rad window manager. The control accepts a couple of parameters (used to build the url to display) and has a few custom events – like window closed that are exposed to the calling page.

 

We now have a requirement to use this control upto 20 times on a single page. I am sure that having the user control on the page 20 times, with 20 different radwindow managers and 20 different radwindows is probably not the best way to do this.

We still want it as a user control as the exact same functionality is required on multiple different pages,  and like wise multiple times on some pages.

What is the best way to achieve this? can you have a single window and manager and share it between all instances of the user control for example?

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
2 answers
73 views
Good day!
I have got a site with blue background.
When I put a RadEditor to my site's page the RadEditor's background is blue too =(
I tried to add a css file where I wrote background-color: white; to body tag, but after that a lot of css bugs appeared, for example, the border of tales which I made in RadEditor disappeared and I couldn't see where is my table and so on.
I tried to add css file which is the same like css file of my site only with White background, but it didn't help too =(
Please, can you tell me how can I change the background color of RadEditor without changing other css properties?
lina fetisova
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
2 answers
137 views
Hi All,

Rad window on my page appears incorrectly at the bottom right corner of the page. It looks like it is shown relative to the container that contains the link button that shows the window AND NOT the top left corner of the document.  how do i force it show it relative to top left corner.

TIA
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
3 answers
105 views
Hi All,
       
             I am using radgrid with usercontrol insert and edit forms opening in popup mode. I have written the session expiry check in the Page_Load handler of the usercontrol which will redirect to some expired page. I also use radajaxmanger with the grid.

When the editform is left open till the asp session expires and when the next postback happens it is not hitting the pageload handler instead it gives some javascript error. Kindly help me in handling this situation.

Regards,
Saravanan K
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
3 answers
83 views
I know Telerik (through google search) has controls that can be used in SharePoint 2007? We have a licensed version of Telerik controls.. (web, win, Silverlight) how do I know which controls can be used in SharePoint 2007?
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?