Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
113 views

Hi,

I am using MOSS Radeditor on one of my SharePoint 2010 site. The issue is when I am accessing the SharePoint site remotely to open the image editor dialog form through image manager than the system gives me following error

"Web application at http://SiteIp could not be found"

However when I open the site locally (i.e. through the http://localhost ) then image editor dialog form is opening correctly without giving any error message.

Please see the attached screen shots for details.

Can anybody help me that how to fix this issue.


Thanks

Martin IDS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
4 answers
108 views
I am setting up a radgrid to export the grid to excel via a button click. It is processing the request. Hiding the columns I don't want to be exported and updating the grid with a new view. It does not have a give me the option to save a file.

  <telerik:RadGrid ID="DisplayDataGrid" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
        AllowSorting="True" AllowPaging="True" PageSize="6" OnNeedDataSource="Grid_NeedDataSource"
        OnItemCreated="Grid_ItemCreated" Width="100%" GridLines="None" Skin="Hay" ShowStatusBar="true"
        ItemStyle-Font-Size="7pt" AlternatingItemStyle-Font-Size="7pt">
        <ClientSettings EnableRowHoverStyle="true">
            <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" ScrollHeight="230px" UseStaticHeaders="True" />
        </ClientSettings>
        <ExportSettings IgnorePaging="true" OpenInNewWindow="true" FileName="SeismicPetroWeb2D"
            ExportOnlyData="true" Excel-Format="ExcelML" Excel-FileExtension="xls"  />
   <MasterTableView>
                            <Columns>
 <telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn DataTextField="SURVEY" HeaderText="Survey" SortExpression="SURVEY"
                                    UniqueName="SURVEY">
                                    <HeaderStyle Width="85px" />
                                    <ItemStyle Font-Underline="False" ForeColor="Black" Wrap="False" Width="85px" />
                                </telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn>
...
...
    </telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn>
                            </Columns>
                            <PagerStyle AlwaysVisible="True" />
                        </MasterTableView>
    </telerik:RadGrid>


and the button click event:
 Protected Sub ButtonExcel_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ButtonExcel.Click
        DisplayDataGrid.MasterTableView.Columns(0).Visible = False
        DisplayDataGrid.MasterTableView.Columns(1).Visible = False
     
        DisplayDataGrid.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel()
    End Sub

Thoughts?

Thanks!
William
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
6 answers
206 views
In our web app, we are setting CurrentFilterFunction values for each column that will be able to be filtered.

However, once one column has some criteria entered in and the user presses <Enter>, that column's filter is properly applied but every remaining column now has a CurrentFilterFunction of "NoFilter"...even after the original criteria is blanked out, essentially setting the grid back to its original state.

Is this something that can be done via the markup/client-side only or are we going to have to set CurrentFilterFunction for each column after every postback?

Or, is there some other method for setting filtering options that persist after postbacks for a page?  In our case, we want only one filtering option to be available for each column and no filter icon to be shown.

Thanks.

Jerry
Jerry T.
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
1 answer
200 views

I had a similiar question but I didnt see an answer so...

I am updating a Org item... but I need to updated the 'updatedby' and 'updateddate' which I must do programmatically since it is not part of the radgrid... How do I do this ?

Here is how I am trying to do it but the break point is not being hit.. is this the right way to get my custom update?  I suppose I COULD create a seperate stored procedure.. but it would be nice if I could keep it in the entities world.

<asp:EntityDataSource ID="EntityDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="name=G3TEntities"
          DefaultContainerName="G3TEntities" EnableFlattening="False" EnableInsert="True"
          EntitySetName="Orgs" EnableUpdate="True" OnUpdated="EntityDataSource1_Updated">
      </asp:EntityDataSource>
   protected void EntityDataSource1_Updated(object sender, EntityDataSourceChangedEventArgs e)
      {
          Org oOrg = new Org();
          oOrg = (Org)e.Entity;
          oOrg.updateby = 69;
      }
matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
1 answer
170 views

Hi Team

 

I have two Telerik RadComboBox at the bottom of the page. On selection change of first RadComboBox ,2nd RadComboBox will populate, In this case binding is working fine but Page does not maintain scroll position at the bottom of the page, It goes on the top of the page.

 

I have written MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback="true" but it is not working.

Please help me ,It’s very urgent.

 

My Code blocks is

  <telerik:RadComboBox ID="drpRequestType" Width="185px" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True"

                                    OnSelectedIndexChanged="drpRequestType_SelectedIndexChanged" EnableScreenBoundaryDetection="true" >

                                </telerik:RadComboBox>

  <telerik:RadComboBox Width="185px" ID="drpSubRequestType" runat="server">

                                </telerik:RadComboBox>

 

 <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">

                        <AjaxSettings>

                        

                            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="drpRequestType">

                                <UpdatedControls>

                                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="drpSubRequestType"  />

                                </UpdatedControls>

                            </telerik:AjaxSetting>

                          

                        </AjaxSettings>

                    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
1 answer
50 views

With this set up, the border on the bottom / last menu item is a double line border while the others are as designed in the CSS below.  How do I make the last item like the others?

<

 

telerik:RadMenu ID="USSRadMenu" runat="server" DataSourceID="USSsmd" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" Skin="">

 

 

</telerik:RadMenu>

 

 

div.RadMenu .rmGroup .rmLink

 

{

 

color: #000;

 

 

border:1px solid #DEDFDF;

 

 

padding: 2px 0 2px 0;

 

}

TIA

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
1 answer
109 views
Hi

I am using Radscheduler and an underlying data base to manage site visits.

I have set my datasource as followed:
On insert there is a line created in the table (with auto ID) but no value for the other fields.
Also, when I try to move an appointment, it goes back where is was before.
So it seems that the fields are not passing to the database for some reason
Thanks for your help
Regards

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SchedulerDataSource" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:TEST_DS%>"

 

ProviderName="System.Data.SqlClient"

 

SelectCommand="SELECT [SiteVisitID], [SiteVisitStart], [SiteVisitEnd], [SiteVisitSubject], [SiteVisitDue], [SiteVisitPriority] FROM [tbl_SiteVisit] WHERE ([SiteVisitStart] IS NOT NULL) AND ([SiteVisitEnd] IS NOT NULL)"

 

InsertCommand="INSERT INTO [tbl_SiteVisit] ([SiteVisitSubject], [SiteVisitStart], [SiteVisitEnd]) VALUES (@Subject, @Start, @End)"

 

UpdateCommand="UPDATE [tbl_SiteVisit] SET [SiteVisitStart] = @Start, [SiteVisitEnd] = @End, [SiteVisitSubject] = @Subject WHERE SiteVisitID = @ID"

 

DeleteCommand="DELETE FROM [tbl_SiteVisit] WHERE [SiteVisitID] = @ID">

 

<insertparameters>

 

<asp:Parameter Name="Subject" Type="String" />

 

<asp:Parameter Name="Start" Type="DateTime" />

 

<asp:Parameter Name="End" Type="DateTime" />

 

</insertparameters>

 

<updateparameters>

 

<asp:Parameter Name="Subject" Type="String" />

 

<asp:Parameter Name="Start" Type="DateTime" />

 

<asp:Parameter Name="End" Type="DateTime" />

 

<asp:Parameter Name="ID" Type="Int32" />

 

</updateparameters>

 

<deleteparameters>

 

<asp:Parameter Name="ID" Type="Int32" />

 

</deleteparameters>

 

</asp:SqlDataSource>


Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
3 answers
182 views
I found Javascript from the search site function which enables me to check the number of characters when I paste.
Unfotunately, it doesn't work!

The javascript is below, and the ClientExecutedCommand function is fired on "OnClientCommandExecuted":
<script type="text/javascript">  
 function CalculateLength(editor, value) {  
            var textLength = editor.get_text().length;  
            var clipboardLength = value.length;  
            textLength += clipboardLength;  
            return textLength;  
        }  
 
 
        function ClientExecuteCommand(editor, args) {  
            var commandName = args.get_commandName();  
            var value = args.get_value();  
            if (commandName == "PasteFromWord"  
            || commandName == "PasteFromWordNoFontsNoSizes"  
            || commandName == "PastePlainText"  
            || commandName == "PasteAsHtml"  
            || commandName == "Paste") {  
                var textLength = CalculateLength(editor, value);  
                if (textLength >= 10) {  
                    alert("Max char. reached");  
                    args.set_cancel(true);  
 
                }  
            }  
        }     
</script> 

The HTML:
                    <telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" runat="server" OnClientCommandExecuted="ClientExecuteCommand">  
                        <Content> 
                        </Content> 
                    </telerik:RadEditor> 

The problem is that line 12 args.get_value() of the Javascript returns null although I have contents in my clipboard and I can see that when I paste in to Notepad there is something there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
R
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
1 answer
324 views

Hi,


We have following query on Rad editor

 

When data is get copied from notepad into telerik editor, line break by “br” (<br />) tag get added. Also new line char. (\r\n) present in editor content.

Is there any way to keep only “br” or new line char. (\r\n), when data is being copied to editor design mode from notepad?

  

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
2 answers
115 views
I noticed the following lines in the release notes for 2010.2.929:

Fixed: The dropdown size is incorrect the first time the dropdown opens if its height exceeds the window's visible height and the document has 'overflow: hidden'

Fixed: The dropdown size is incorrect in IE the first time if there are items with long text with spaces

However, we're now seeing a similar problem (the dropdown size is very small the first time you open it; it's correctly sized the second and subsequent times) in our application after upgrading to 2010.2.929; we weren't seeing it before (on the Q2 SP1 release). It appears to occur on a RadComboBox that has items with long text with spaces; the dropdown size isn't longer than the window size.

Is there a workaround/known issue?

Eric Means
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?