Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
9 answers
335 views
I have a set of RadDocks with the handle set to none and using a custom handle.  When one of these docks is dropped into an empty RadDockZone there is no dotted line shown for the Drop Zone.

I noticed this behavior on your online examples as well:
to reproduce, empty a dock zone and then drag a RadDock into the emptied zone, you will notice that no indication of the drop zone is visible.

Is there a way to force the dotted border for the drop zone to show while dragging on top of the zone?

Thank you.

Fernando Mayorga
Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
1 answer
119 views
Hello,

The following bug occurs only in the first time ever you enter the rad editor. In order to reproduce it, you need to clear the internet temporary files in the browser and then enter the page.

The bug is simple: Create a wizard. Put the editor in the second step of a wizard and put the wizard inside UpdatePanel. When you click next to move from the first step to the second step (where the editor is), the editor width becomes huge and the tool buttons are spread all over it.
If you try do it again without clearing the temporary files cache, the editor is fine.

Any ideas to solve it will be appreciated (I'm using 2010 SP1).

The code:
<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
  
<script runat="server">
</script>
  
<head id="Head1" runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
  <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
  <asp:UpdatePanel runat="server">
   <ContentTemplate>
    <asp:Wizard runat="server" ID="w" DisplaySideBar="False" DisplayCancelButton="True" >
        <WizardSteps>
            <asp:WizardStep Title="Step 1" ID="WizardStep1" runat="server">
                    step 1
            </asp:WizardStep>
            <asp:WizardStep Title="Step 2" ID="WizardStep2" runat="server">
                    step 2
                    <telerik:radeditor runat="server">
                        <Content>
                            Sample Content 
                        </Content>
                    </telerik:radeditor>
            </asp:WizardStep>
            <asp:WizardStep Title="Step 3" ID="WizardStep3" runat="server">
                    step 3
            </asp:WizardStep>
        </WizardSteps>
    </asp:Wizard>
   </ContentTemplate>
  </asp:UpdatePanel>
</form>
</body>
</html>

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
1 answer
175 views
We are using Telerik for ASP.Net Ajax Q1 2008.

I have the following code:

<telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditorIncompleteComment" runat="server" Width="550px" Height="200px" EditModes="Design" Skin="Outlook" ToolbarMode="ShowOnFocus" EnableResize="False">
 <Tools>
   <telerik:EditorToolGroup>
      <telerik:EditorTool Name="Bold" />
      <telerik:EditorTool Name="Italic" />
      <telerik:EditorTool Name="Underline" />
      <telerik:EditorTool Name="AjaxSpellCheck" />
    </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
  </Tools>
</telerik:RadEditor>

When the page is loaded and I click in the RadEditor editing space the toolbar does pop up but it comes up with a minimal width and looks like a thick line. All the tools are hidden.  I can drag the right boundary of this thick line and make the tools visible but that's not user-friendly.

Strangely, the first time I used the Rad Editor, a few days ago, it and its toolbar worked perfectly but I found that recommended script for making the Editor look like a textbox was throwing off other code on this page so I unchecked it all out and rebuilt the Rad Editor, resulting in the toolbar issue described above.  Does the script control the appearance of the toolbar?

My version of the Rad Editor control does not appear to have a property for controlling toolbar size.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or a recommendation?   Thanking you in advance...
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
4 answers
1.2K+ views
Hello

With the latest internal build my Windows 2008 Server Machine is displaying following error. Surprisingly the error does not show on my development machine Windows 7 with VS 2010 Pro Beta 2. This error did not show up with the internal build before the latest one, it did show up with the 2010 Q1 though. I am not sure what is going on here. I did not want to downgrade to previous internal build because that causes RadCombo to have 2 drop down arrows instead of one as I noticed on one other forum posting as well. Which has been fixed in this build.

Here is an overall view.

2010-1-309 Both Server and Development Machines Show Error, RadCombo has 2 drop down arrows problem
2010-1-316 No error on either machine, RadCombo has 2 drop down arrows problem
2010-1-325 Error on Server but not on Development Machine, RadCombo problem fixed

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Imran

 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request.
Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Cannot create an object of type 'System.Type' from its string representation
'System.Decimal' for the 'DataType' property.

Source Error:

Line 881:                                            </td>
Line 882:                                            <td>
Line 883: <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="RadNumericTextBoxType" runat="server" DbValue='<%# Bind( "HoursWorked") %>'
Line 884: DataType="System.Decimal"> Line 885: </telerik:RadNumericTextBox>

Source File: /DesktopModules/PO/POEdit.aspx    Line: 883


Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3601 





Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
2 answers
305 views
Hi EveryBody,

                  I have a Radgrid control on my .aspx page which has ten  telerik:GridTemplateColumn's.
                  I had set the visible property of all the ten columns to false.
                  Based on some conditions I want to make the columns visible and invisible.
                  I want to make some columns visible at a time and some columns at some other time in some case i'll show only one column.

                 How to do this visibility operation for telerik:GridTemplateColumn through c#.
                 Is it possible. If So, Anyone Please help me achieve this.

Thank you,
Anto.

Anto (DLL Version : 2008.3.1314.35)
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
2 answers
176 views
Hello telerik team.

In some of our projects, we implement the extension from DelphicSage featured on this blog: http://www.delphicsage.com/home/blog.aspx?d=545 to enhance the aesthetics and usability of our websites. However, on one project we have used the Catcha control and noticed that it causes some sort of "conflict" with the extension and hinders it from running properly.

What could be done about this? Thanks much.
jkregala
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
1 answer
148 views
I have a Tree View that controls a Left Navigation which is bound to a database. My database table has the following columns...

NodeID
NodeTxt
NodeURL
NodeVal
NodeParentID
NodeOrder

I added the NodeOrder column because I'm trying to figure how to allow drag/drop reordering of nodes and save the position of the nodes server-side in the database. I've looked at the example in the demos and it shows how to achieve this client side...event though I don't believe the positions are actually stored to a database or anything.

Do you have any examples of how this can be implemented server side so that the ordering of the nodes can be set and retrieved from a database when dragging and dropping child nodes?

Thanks =)
Philip Senechal
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
2 answers
245 views
I'm trying to build an alert into my master page that can be accessed from anywhere in the UI code-behind. Any method, any function.

I was doing quite well (I think) but I'm stuck now.

Master page

<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.Master.cs" Inherits="Web.App_Templates.Default.Default" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
  
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<html>
<head id="Head" runat="server">
    <title><%= Page.Title %></title>
</head>
<body>
  
    <form id="MainForm" runat="server">
  
        <telerik:RadScriptManager 
            ID="ScriptManager" 
            runat="server">
        </telerik:RadScriptManager>
          
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager 
            ID="TelerikAjaxManager" 
            runat="server">
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
          
        <telerik:RadWindowManager 
            ID="TelerikWindowManager" 
            runat="server">
            <Windows>
                <telerik:RadWindow 
                    ID="TelerikWindow" 
                    runat="server">
                </telerik:RadWindow>
            </Windows>
        </telerik:RadWindowManager>
  
        <asp:UpdatePanel 
            ID="UpdatePanel" 
            runat="server">
            <ContentTemplate>
                
                <asp:Literal 
                    ID="Feedback" 
                    runat="server" 
                    Text=" " />
  
                <asp:ContentPlaceHolder 
                    ID="MainContentPlaceHolder" 
                    runat="server">
                </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
                      
            </ContentTemplate>
        </asp:UpdatePanel>
  
    </form>
  
</body>
</html>

Master page code behind

namespace Web.App_Templates.Default
{
    using System;
  
    public partial class Default : System.Web.UI.MasterPage
    {
        public void ShowFeedback(string feedBackText, bool useAlert)
        {
            if (useAlert)
            {
                string radalertscript = string.Format("<script language='javascript'>function f(){{radalert('{0}', 330, 210);Sys.Application.remove_load(f);}};Sys.Application.add_load(f);</script>", feedBackText);
                  
                Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(), "radalert", radalertscript); 
            }
            else
            {
                this.Feedback.Text = feedBackText;                
            }
        }
    }
}

Web content page

<%@ Page Title="Welcome" Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/App_Templates/Default/Default.Master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="Web.Default" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/App_Templates/Default/Default.Master" %>
  
<asp:Content ID="MainContent" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContentPlaceHolder" runat="server">
  
    <asp:Button 
        ID="TestFeedbackAlert" 
        runat="server" 
        Text="Click Me" 
        OnClick="TestFeedbackAlert_Click" 
        Width="100" />
     - 
    <asp:Button 
        ID="TestFeedbackNoAlert" 
        runat="server" 
        Text="Click Me" 
        OnClick="TestFeedbackNoAlert_Click" 
        Width="100" />
  
</asp:Content>

And the code behind

namespace Web
{
    using System;
    using System.Web.UI;
  
    public partial class Default : Page
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            if (!Page.IsPostBack)
            {
                //this.Master.ShowFeedback("<p>Hello, AppWorld!</p>", true);
            }
        }
  
        protected void TestFeedbackAlert_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            this.Master.ShowFeedback("<p>Clicked!</p>", true);
        }
  
        protected void TestFeedbackNoAlert_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            this.Master.ShowFeedback("<p>Clicked!</p>", false);
        }
    }
}

The alert will show if you uncomment out the entry in the page load.  It will also work if you click the TestFeedbackNoAlert button.

It will not work if you click the TestFeedbackAlert button.

I've looked at the suggestions at:
http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/aspnet-ajax/window/calling-radalert-from-codebehind.aspx

But I'm none the wiser. Can anyone help? I need it to work no matter where it gets called (page load, postback, ajax call, etc.)

Regards,
Richard



Richard Weeks
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
2 answers
121 views
I have a scenario I'd like to know if you can help me with...

I want to populate a TreeView using a Linq data source. This is because there is going to be another page that graphically allows admins to add/edit/delete/re-order nodes. When the admins work with this page, they will obviously be able to see all the nodes.

Now on the actual page that the TreeView is going to be available to the general public, I want to be able to programatically limit which nodes are visible to the user based on active directory groups. Is there a way to turn nodes visible/hidden after the dataset has been returned from the Linq query? How would I accomplish this?

Thanks for the assistance!
Philip Senechal
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
2 answers
125 views
Hi all!

I find two links 

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/combobox/examples/functionality/filteringcombo/defaultcs.aspx

http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/aspnet-ajax/grid/google-suggest-style-filtering-in-radgrid.aspx
(sorry! The Hyperlink Manager's problem so I pasted as the text)

They show the way to use the Radcombobox as the filter of RadGrid, the same way with "Google suggest" now
It's one of the best wonderful support from RadCombobox, a good helpful tool for filtering.
But it's so slow when the RadCombobox has lots of data such as 4,000. Is there any ways to improve this one?

Thanks!

Andy.
Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Oct 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?