Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
102 views
I think the subject says it all...

I need to access the EditFormInsertItem from within the ObjectDataSource_Inserting command:

Private Sub ObjectDataSourceRenewal_Inserting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As ObjectDataSourceMethodEventArgs) Handles ObjectDataSourceRenewal.Inserting
  
    Dim lEditFormInsertItem As GridEditFormInsertItem = ???
  
    Dim lRadTextBoxGroupNumber As RadTextBox = lEditFormInsertItem.FindControl("RadTextBoxGroupNumber")
    Dim lRadDatePickerRenewalBegin As RadDatePicker = lEditFormInsertItem.FindControl("RadDatePickerRenewalBegin")
    Dim lRadDatePickerRenewalEnd As RadDatePicker = lEditFormInsertItem.FindControl("RadDatePickerRenewalEnd")
    Dim lRadComboBoxRenewalAccountManager As RadComboBox = lEditFormInsertItem.FindControl("RadComboBoxRenewalAccountManager")
    Dim lCheckBoxSuppressInGrid As CheckBox = lEditFormInsertItem.FindControl("CheckBoxSuppressInGrid")
  
    e.InputParameters("CaseNumber") = lRadTextBoxGroupNumber.Text.Trim 
    e.InputParameters("RenewalBegin") = lRadDatePickerRenewalBegin.SelectedDate 
    e.InputParameters("RenewalEnd") = lRadDatePickerRenewalEnd.SelectedDate  
    e.InputParameters("RenewalAM") = lRadComboBoxRenewalAccountManager.SelectedValue 
    e.InputParameters("SuppressAMInRenewal") = lCheckBoxSuppressInGrid.Checked 
  
End Sub

I'm sure it's easy, i just can't guess or find the syntax. Finding the editforminsertitem was no problem on the ObjectDataSource_Updating command.

Thanks!
jfkrueger
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
1 answer
79 views
Hi
I need to use policy statements in my form.
Which will be the best server control in which I can display information in numbered format like
Policy Statement:

1         abcd
1.1     lkgnj
1.2     mnsdfsdhfd
1.3     sdfsdfsdfsdf
2.      lmnop
2.1     termp

I dont think I can use Textbox multiline.
Examples would be best to explain. 
Thanks in advance
Sucheta 


Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
1 answer
93 views
Hi,

I am trying to get a new company where I am contracting to purchase the telerik web controls for the development team. I ran the install program but the web controls are not appearing in the toolbox. Do I need to create the tab to access the controls or have I missed something else. The previous company I worked with already had the package installed so this is my first install on my machine.

TIA

David

David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
4 answers
149 views
If I insert an appointment it works fine. If I then try to immediately delete, the confirmation popup appears, but the delete event is not firing. If I leave the page and come back and delete, it works fine. If is only if they occur one after the other. I'm using an advanced edit form as well.

 

 

' ========================================================

 

 

' RadScheduler1_AppointmentDelete

 

 

' Delete an appointment

 

 

' ========================================================

 

 

Protected Sub RadScheduler1_AppointmentDelete(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As SchedulerCancelEventArgs) Handles RadScheduler1.AppointmentDelete

 

 

Dim ProspectToolDAL As New ProspectToolDAL

 

ProspectToolDAL.Delete(e.Appointment.ID)

 

End Sub

 

 

 

' ========================================================

 

 

' RadScheduler1_AppointmentInsert

 

 

' Add a new appointment

 

 

' ========================================================

 

 

Private Sub RadScheduler1_AppointmentInsert(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.SchedulerCancelEventArgs) Handles RadScheduler1.AppointmentInsert

 

 

Dim AppointmentBE as New AppointmentBE

 

 

Dim ProspectToolDAL As New ProspectToolDAL

 

AppointmentBE.Subject = e.Appointment.Subject

AppointmentBE.StartTime = e.Appointment.Start

AppointmentBE.EndTime = e.Appointment.End

AppointmentBE.SalesUserID = ViewState(

"SalesUser")

 

AppointmentBE.ContactInformation = e.Appointment.Attributes(

"Contact")

 

AppointmentBE.ApptComments = e.Appointment.Attributes(

"Description")

 

 

Dim appointmentKey as Int32 = ProspectToolDAL.SaveAppointment(AppointmentBE, "I")

 

 

End Sub

 


Thanks,
Susan

Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
3 answers
115 views
Hi,
I was testing with the sample SchedulerWebPartProject_2010_Q2 project downloaded from Telerik site in SHarepoint 2010. The problem is I see the Day view grid is always shrunk and the appointments that I have added are barely visible. Month, Week and Timeline view is displaying fine.

Please suggest what might be the problem here
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
4 answers
157 views
In the following demo: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/controls/examples/integration/gridandradasyncupload/defaultcs.aspx?product=upload you have a skin selector that does nothing because the grid has Office2007 skin hardcoded into it.

In addition, the Radasynch upload control is within an edit item template, and no matter what skin I use for the upload control, it is inheriting the settings from the grid.

Is it possible to set the skin  for a control in the edit template to be different than the skin of the containing grid?
If so, how?

This appears to be a bug.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
5 answers
273 views
Hi All,

I am facing a problem with RadEditor Control. While Trying to make some text as "Italic", it is showing me in edit mode. but as soon as I click OK or Publishing it, the text is not showing as Italic.

When I select some text and click Italic, it is showing me <em></em> in HTML mode like the following:
<EM>test</EM>
but if I make the manual changes as <i></i>, then it is coming as italics. I think By default it should be <i></i>.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Abhishek
Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
2 answers
177 views
Hi, I have an application that uses a large RadMenu. The menu is created on each page by the Page_Load event of a user control. I've noticed that the ViewState on pages was getting very big and setting EnableViewState="false" on the Radmenu control has helped reduce this considerably.

The menu still appears to operate correctly after disabling its ViewState. I'm curious to know whether there are any scenarios where a RadMenu WOULD need its ViewState to be enabled. I couldn't find any documentation references on this subject.

Regards, Ian
Ian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
1 answer
219 views
Hi Telerik Team,
I am opening a popup through radwindow. When I perform certain operations on it and click Save button on it, the other controls on my parent page should get disabled.
In the code behind, while debugging, it shows me all the controls' are enabled false (or disable for convinience). But on the UI I still can edit those controls.

Previously I was not using radwindow and everything was working fine.
But I cannot figure out waht has happend now?

Here is my client side :    
<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="rjxPanel_Receipt" runat="server" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" >
        <fieldset class="bracket" id="Fieldset1" style="margin-left:0px; overflow:hidden;">       
        <table width="100%" class="ClsTable_Parent">
        <tr style="height:8px;"></tr>
          
        <tr>
            <td style="width:11%;" align="left">
                    <asp:Label ID="lblEventHeader" runat="server" Text="Events:">
                    </asp:Label>
                    <asp:Label ID="lblEvent" runat="server" CssClass="ClsLabelMdt" Text="*"
                        ForeColor="red">
                    </asp:Label>
            </td>
            <td  style="width:25%;">
                    <telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcbEvents" runat="server" MarkFirstMatch="true" AutoPostBack="true"
                                DataTextField="AccountJournalEventName" DataValueField="AccountJournalEventID" 
                                OnSelectedIndexChanged="rcbEvents_SelectedIndexChanged"
                                Width="168px">
                    </telerik:RadComboBox>
                    <asp:Button ID="btnHelp" runat="server" Text="?" width="25px" CssClass="statusButton" OnClientClick="OpenHelp();return false;" />
             </td>  
            <td  align="left" style="width:9%;padding-left:6px;">
                   <asp:Label ID="lblStatus" runat="server" Text="Status :">
                    </asp:Label>
            </td>
              <td align="left" style="width:14%;">
                    <asp:TextBox ID="tbStatus" runat="server" CssClass="ClsTextBoxSml" ReadOnly="true" Width="148px"></asp:TextBox>
                    <asp:Button ID="btnStatus" runat="server" Text=".." Width="25px"  OnClientClick="javascript:btnStatus_Click();return false;"/>
  
             </td>
             <td align="left" style="width:9%;padding-left:6px;">
                <asp:Label ID="lblCashReceiptDescription" runat="server" Text="Narration:"></asp:Label>
                    <asp:Label ID="lblMandatoryHeaderDesc" runat="server" CssClass="ClsLabelMdt" ForeColor="Red"
                        Text="*">
                    </asp:Label>
             </td>  
             <td align="left" style="width:9%;padding-left:6px;">
                <asp:TextBox ID="tbDescription" runat="server" CssClass="ClsTextBoxMid" TextMode="MultiLine">
                </asp:TextBox>
             </td>    
        </tr>    
         <tr>
            <td style="width:11%;">
                <asp:Label ID="lblCashReceiptDate" runat="server" Text="Cash Receipt Date:" ></asp:Label>
                <asp:Label ID="lblDate" runat="server" CssClass="ClsLabelMdt" Text="*" ForeColor="red">
                </asp:Label>  
            </td>
             <td style="width:25%;">
                    <telerik:RadDatePicker ID="rdpCashReceiptDate" runat="server" Width="200px">
                        <DateInput ID="DateInput1" runat="server">
                        </DateInput>
                    </telerik:RadDatePicker>
             </td>
             <td style="padding-left:10px;width:11%;">
                    <asp:Label ID="lblIsAcounted" runat="server" Text="IsAcounted:" ></asp:Label>
             </td>
                  
             <td style="width:25%;">
                    <asp:CheckBox ID="chkIsAccounted" runat="server" Enabled="false">
                    </asp:CheckBox>    
             </td>
                  
             <td style="width:11%;">
                       
             </td>
             <td style="width:25%;"> 
                       
            </td>                
            </tr>
            <tr>
                
                <td style="padding-left:10px;">
                      
                </td>
                <td>
                      
                </td>
                  
                 <td>
                      
                </td>
                <td>
                </td> 
              
                <td >
                      
                </td>
                <td>
                      
                </td>                              
            </tr> 
            <tr>              
                <td style="padding-left:10px;">
                      
                </td>
                <td>
                              
                </td>
            </tr>                      
                  
       <tr style="height:8px;"></tr>
              
              </table>      
        </fieldset>        
         <asp:HiddenField ID="HiddenField_AccCashReciptID" runat="server" />
        <asp:HiddenField ID="HiddenField_EventID" runat = "server" />
        <asp:HiddenField ID ="HiddenField_StatusID" runat="server" />
        <asp:HiddenField ID ="HiddenField_EntityID" runat="server" />
        <asp:HiddenField ID ="HiddenField_AccCashReciptEntityID" runat="server" />
        <asp:HiddenField ID="HiddenField_AccCashReciptDetailID" runat="server" />
        <asp:HiddenField ID="HiddenField_DetalEntityID" runat="server" />
        <asp:HiddenField ID="HiddenField_dIsCSRequired" runat="server" />
        <asp:HiddenField ID="HiddenField_EventTypeID" runat="server" />
        <asp:HiddenField ID="HiddenField_dIsICSRequired" runat="server" />
        <asp:HiddenField ID="HiddenField_IsCallFromReconcile" runat="server"/>
        <asp:HiddenField ID="HiddenField_RoundingUpTo" runat="server" />
        <asp:HiddenField ID="HiddenField_AccountJournalEventDetailID" runat="server" />
 </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>
  
  
  
  
<Table>
    <tr>
        <td>
        <div id="RestrictionZone" class="module" style="margin-top: 4px; height: 300px; width: 400px;">
                    <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server"  style="z-index:7001">
                        <Windows>
                            <telerik:RadWindow runat="server" ID="RadWindow1" ReloadOnShow="true" ShowContentDuringLoad="true" Modal="true"
                                Height="520px" Width="620px" NavigateUrl="ManageStatusChange.aspx" />
                        </Windows>
                    </telerik:RadWindowManager>
                </div>
        </td>
        </tr>
</Table>


On the server side    :
RadAjaxManager rjxManager = RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(this);
            //Create a new delegate to handle the AjaxRequest event   
            rjxManager.AjaxRequest += new RadAjaxControl.AjaxRequestDelegate(rjxManagerBudgetEntity_AjaxRequest);
            rjxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rjxManager, rjxPanel_Receipt);


When I Click the " btnStatus ", I open a popup.
After closing it, I want to disable the controls which are inside the ajaxpanel as well as outside.
Please help me.
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
1 answer
116 views
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting nodes without childnodes to be on line with nodes with childnodes.

Look at the "Paintballs" in the treeview on this page:
http://dev6.spireweb.no

My CSS:
.RadTreeView {font-weight:bold !important; color:#000 !important; font-family:tahoma !important;}
.RadTreeView .rtPlus  {background-image: none !important; height: 18px !important; width: 0px !important; }
.RadTreeView .rtPlus:hover { background-image: none !important; height: 18px !important; width: 0px !important; }
.RadTreeView .rtMinus {background-image: none !important; height: 18px !important; width: 0px !important;}
.RadTreeView .rtMinus:hover {background-image: none !important; height: 18px !important; width: 0px !important;}
.RadTreeView .rtPlus, .RadTreeView .rtMinus {background-position:0 0 !important;}
 
.RadTreeView .rtIn {font-weight:bold !important; height:18px !important; color:#000 !important; font-family:tahoma !important; background-image:none !important; background-color:#fff !important; margin-left:0px !important; padding-left:5px !important; padding-right:0px !important; width:165px !important; border:solid 0px red !important; display:inline-block !important; }
.RadTreeView .rtIn:hover { text-decoration:none !important; padding-top:4px !important; height:19px !important; border:solid 0px blue !important; background-image:none !important; color:#30788e !important; }
.RadTreeView ul li ul li .rtIn {width:154px !important; font-weight:normal; }
 
.RadTreeView .rtLI {padding-bottom: 0px !important;}
.RadTreeView .rtUL .rtUL {margin-top: 0px !important;}
.RadTreeView .rtLast {padding-bottom: 0 !important; /* prevent double-spacing */}
.RadTreeView .active {background-color:#e1e1e1 !important; }

Could anyone help me please?
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?