Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
149 views

Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask two questions about the Scheduler.
1. I may just be a bit silly here but i cant seem to find the event handler for the save button on the default advanced form?

2. I have a database with a value 1 to 5. In my code i have resources like so

 

<

 

ResourceStyles> 
    <telerik:ResourceStyleMapping Type="Calendar" Text="example" ApplyCssClass="rsCategoryBlue" /> 
    <telerik:ResourceStyleMapping Type="Calendar" Text="example1" ApplyCssClass="rsCategoryOrange" /> 
    <telerik:ResourceStyleMapping Type="Calendar" Text="example2" ApplyCssClass="rsCategoryGreen" /> 
    <telerik:ResourceStyleMapping Type="Calendar" Text="example3" ApplyCssClass="rsCategoryRed" /> 
    <telerik:ResourceStyleMapping Type="Calendar" Text="example4" ApplyCssClass="rsCategoryYellow" />
</ResourceStyles>

I have copied most of this code from an online example and modified it for my needs. The example came with a context menu fully functioning with the option to change appointments background colour using resources

 

 

 

 

<

 

Items> 
    <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Open" Value="CommandEdit" /> 
    <telerik:RadMenuItem IsSeparator="True" /> 
    <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Appointment Type"> 
    <Items> 
        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="example" Value="1" /> 
        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="example1" Value="2" /> 
        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="example2" Value="3" /> 
        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="example3" Value="4" /> 
        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="example4" Value="5" /> 
    </Items> 
    </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
    <telerik:RadMenuItem IsSeparator="True" /> 
    <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Delete" Value="CommandDelete" ImageUrl="Images/delete.gif" />
</Items>

 

 

 

var selectedAppointment = null;
var contextMenuSlot = null;
//Called when the user clicks an item from the appointment context menu
function appointmentContextMenuItemClicking(sender, eventArgs) {
var clickedItem = eventArgs.get_item();
if (clickedItem.get_text() == "Appointment Type") {
//Prevent the menu from closing if the user clicked the "Categorize" menu item
eventArgs.set_cancel(true);
return; }

 

 

}



This code works and changes the colour of my appointments perfectly. But i am having a problem setting the variables from my database to the appointment to give it the correct resource. I would much appreciate any help

Thanks

 

 

 

 

 

Mouse
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
1 answer
152 views
Hi Team,
I am having trouble when opening the popup (i.e. radwindow) from server side.
On client side of parent page, I have :

<div id="RestrictionZone" class="module" style="margin-top: 4px; height: 300px; width: 400px;">
  <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" style="z-index:7001">
     <Windows>
    <telerik:RadWindow runat="server" ID="RadWindow1" ReloadOnShow="true" ShowContentDuringLoad="true" Modal="true" Height="620px" Width="620px" NavigateUrl="ManageStatusChange.aspx"  />
    </Windows>
</telerik:RadWindowManager>
</div>

and On button click event, I want to open radwindow from server side.
This is what I have on server side.

protected void btnStatus_Click(object source, EventArgs e)
{
StringBuilder oStringBuilder = new StringBuilder();
                oStringBuilder.Append("ManageStatusChange.aspx?EntityID=")
                 .Append(GlobalConstants.COA_BUDGET_SECONDARY_ENTITY_ID)
                 .Append("&SessionString=" + Session["SessionString"] + "&EntityType=COABudgetSecondaryEntity");
OpenModalDialog(this, "Msg", "Key", oStringBuilder.ToString());
Session["SessionString"] = null;
}
  
  
public void OpenModalDialog(System.Web.UI.Page ObjPage, string strMsg, string strKey, string url)
        {
            string strScript;
            Type jsType = ObjPage.GetType();
            ClientScriptManager CS = ObjPage.ClientScript;
            strScript = "javascript:window.radopen(\"" + url + "\",); return true";
            /*System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this, this.GetType(), "btnStatus_Click", strScript, true);*/
  
  
Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindow newwindow = RadWindow1;
            newwindow.ID = "RadWindow1";
            newwindow.Height = 620;
            newwindow.Width = 620;
            newwindow.NavigateUrl = url;
            newwindow.VisibleOnPageLoad = true;
            newwindow.RegisterWithScriptManager = true;
            RadWindowManager1.Windows.Add(newwindow);
        }

I also have AjaxRequestDelegate on Parent page .

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
RadAjaxManager rjxManager = RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(this);
            //Create a new delegate to handle the AjaxRequest event   
            rjxManager.AjaxRequest += new RadAjaxControl.AjaxRequestDelegate(rjxManagerBudgetEntity_AjaxRequest);
            rjxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rjxManager, aspPanel_ProjectBudget);
}
  
  protected void rjxManagerBudgetEntity_AjaxRequest(object sender, AjaxRequestEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Argument == "Rebind")
            {
                Session["currentObject"] = null;
                rgProjectBudget.MasterTableView.SortExpressions.Clear();
                rgProjectBudget.MasterTableView.GroupByExpressions.Clear();
                rgProjectBudget.Rebind();                
            }
  
        }

On my Popup page I have a button, which after clicking saves the data and also has some script that will fire my ajax request delegate on Parent page.

On my aspx side of Popup, I have :

function closeRadWindow()   
{
  
    GetRadWindow().Close();     
    
}   
  
 function CloseAndRebind(args) 
 {
  
      GetRadWindow().Close();
      GetRadWindow().BrowserWindow.refreshParent(args);
 }

And on server side button click Event, I have :

protected void btnSave_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
           
 COABudgetDetails = Request.QueryString["SessionString"].ToString().Split(',');
                    for (int i = 0; i <= COABudgetDetails.Length - 1 && !string.IsNullOrEmpty(COABudgetDetails[i]); i++)
                    {
                        //Retrive Entity Key for Bdgeting else passing the object.
                        if (mEntityID == GlobalConstants.COA_BUDGET_SECONDARY_ENTITY_ID)
                            mCOABudgetDetailID = Convert.ToInt32(COABudgetDetails[i]);
  
                        StatusChangeHistory AllStatusChangeHistory = GetStatusChangeHistory();
                        StatusChangeHistoryEntry AnStatusChangeHistoryEntry = AllStatusChangeHistory.GetItem(mStatusChangeHistoryID);
                        DoSaveStatus(AllStatusChangeHistory, AnStatusChangeHistoryEntry);
  
                    }
string script = "<script>CloseAndRebind('Rebind')</" + "script>";
                    ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(this, this.GetType(), "CloseAndRebind", script, false); 
    
            }


My popup opens fine. But my problem is that, when I click save button of Popup, it saves the data, goes to parent page, fires the ajax request, and instead of closing, it reopens itself 3 times.
I dont know where I am going wrong.
Could you please help me out ?

Thanks,
Lok..
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
1 answer
81 views
When the edit button is clicked in the master table view, the row does not display the edit form. The grid is build entirely in the code-behind, I'm using InPlace editing, and the grid has 1 detail table. In the ItemDataBound delegate, the row is in edit mode. In the DetailTableDataBind I'm checking the DetailTableView.ParentItem.Edit and it is also true. Any suggestions?

Rafaga2k
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
4 answers
138 views
Hi all,

As you can see on the attached images - there are two appointments between 8 am and 10 am.
The first appointment starts at 8.30, but visually shown as starting at 8.00.

The second appointment has time 9:25 - 10:10, but telerik visually shows this appointment ending well before 10.00 am mark.

So it seems like the left portion with time has nothing to do with the appointments:( 


Thank you.
Stephanie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
3 answers
100 views
Hi there,

I noticed a strange issue with the combo box using a tree view.  It seems that if I click the drop down arrow on the combo box and try and select an item it will not select until I go to the item and select it a second time.

If however I click midway through the combo box and select an item it will select right away.

Have you seen this behaviour or has a workaround been suggested?
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
3 answers
333 views
Hi:

I have a simple example (I used code infront for ease of showing this example and pasting the code).
<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<script runat="server">
    Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        RadScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(Me, Me.GetType, "openShowRadToolTip1", "ShowMyRadToolTip1();", True)
    End Sub
</script>
<head runat="server"><title>Tool tip js test</title></head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" Runat="server">
        </telerik:RadScriptManager>
        <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />
        <telerik:RadToolTip ID="RadToolTip1" runat="server" IsClientID="true" >
            I am here!
        </telerik:RadToolTip>
        <script type="text/javascript">
            //<![CDATA[
            function ShowMyRadToolTip1() {
                var radName = '<%= RadToolTip1.ClientID %>';
                var rad_ToolTip = $find(radName);
                if (rad_ToolTip == null) {
                    alert("get element by id of:" + radName);
                    rad_ToolTip = document.getElementById(radName);
                }
                rad_ToolTip.show();
            };
            //]]>
        </script>
    </form>
</body>
</html>
I have a tool-tip that I am trying to to show via javascript, but I am getting the following error:
 Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method
I believe that getElementById ultimately finds the div tag (not the $find), but the show method is not understood.
Phil
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
8 answers
168 views
I am using the ToolTip with Web Service (http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/tooltip/examples/webservice/defaultcs.aspx)
for my Web Application (Visual Studio 2010 .NET 4.0 Framework  w / Telerik Rad Controls for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2010 NET 40)

I am replicating the exact same functionality as in the Example above with a repeater control, but when I mouse over the Repeater the tool tips shows the me information about another image within the tooltip.

For Example
Mouse Over Image 4 = Tooltip shows me information about Image 8

The only repeater item that works consistently is the first repeater item that is rendered

***It seems that the when I mouse over the Repeater image ToolTipManager calls the webservice method multiple times

I have isolated everything that could cause a problem. I have checked my webservice call to the database and it is working fine.
Looks like some issue with the control not sure what is happening here.

Attached is the code
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
1 answer
153 views
Hi,

I am using RadEditor inside the usercontrol which is inside the div tags, when I click the toggle screen mode to full screen view it overlays, The application has top Nav, left nav so it gets overlaid, If I don't use topnav and left nav , it just works perfect. I tried the solution provided in Knowledge Base but still the issue occur.

Thanks
-Pari
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
1 answer
118 views

We have an update panel that should be populating a radcombobox based on the selected value from a lookup screen.

This worked prior to .net 4.0. When we select the lookup in .net 4.0, the following error occurs in what looks to be a Telerik script on the below line of code. This also completely disables the radcombobox after the error!

Microsoft JScript runtime Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.

if

(this._disposeChildElements&&typeof(Sys.WebForms)!="undefined"){Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance()._destroyTree(c)

I believe this is in Telerik.Web.UI.dll and core.js.

I have downloaded telerik version 2010.3.1215.0. Once this is installed, what do I need to do to ensure the Bin40 version is used?

Telerik.Web.UI.dll exists in both Bin35 and Bin40.
Seems that there is an issue with the way the 4.0 UpdatePanel is interacting with the Telerik drop down.

How to resolve this?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
1 answer
142 views
We have an update panel that should be populating a radcombobox based on the selected value from a lookup screen.

This worked prior to .net 4.0. When we select the lookup in .net 4.0, the following error occurs in what looks to be a Telerik script on the below line of code. This also completely disables the radcombobox after the error!

Microsoft JScript runtime Error: Object doesn't support this property or method.

if

(this._disposeChildElements&&typeof(Sys.WebForms)!="undefined"){Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance()._destroyTree(c)

I believe this is in Telerik.Web.UI.dll and core.js.

I have downloaded telerik version 2010.3.1215.0. Once this is installed, what do I need to do to ensure the Bin40 version is used?

 

Telerik.Web.UI.dll exists in both Bin35 and Bin40.
Seems that there is an issue with the way the 4.0 UpdatePanel is interacting with the Telerik drop down.

 

 

 


How to resolve this?

 

Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?