Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
201 views
I have a page, let's call this main.aspx. Within main.aspx I have a splitter and load content into let's say [header] frame and [content] frame. I also have a RadWindow on main.aspx that I call to open for errors.

Within the [content] frame I have a grid using a edit Template to edit rows of the grid. If an update fails I reference and open the RadWindow using a method such as this:
var op = parent;         
var oWnd = op.GetRadMessageWindow()
oWnd.moveTo(-1000,-1000) 
oWnd.add_pageLoad(OnClientLoadMsg);
oWnd.add_close(OnClientCloseMsg);          
oWnd.setUrl("RTS_Message_Window.aspx");
oWnd.show();

The problem is that none of the server-side Page events are NOT being fired. 
I can see that the content is being loaded and I can debug client side window load events but why are the server-side events not being fired? 
This used to work. I imagine this stopped working after Ajax 2009 Q3 release.
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
4 answers
213 views

Hi. Could you provide me with the localization (internationalization) keys for the tooltips in the "Next page" and "Last page" buttons and "page" and "items" labels in the footer of the RadGrid and RadFileExplorer controls?

Also I don't know whether I'm supposed to put them in "RadEditor.Dialogs.resx" or "RadGrid.Main.resx".

Thanks in advance.

Diego Pazos
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
2 answers
129 views
I am having an issue where the client-side method deleteFileInputAt() method is throwing an exception when I pass in a zero in the OnClientFileUploaded event.  It only does this in Internet Explorer.  Firefox works just fine, or at least it is not throwing an exception.  Any ideas please?

I have tried first calling the getUploadedFiles() method to check the count prior to calling the deleteFileInputAt(), but oddly I get a javascript error saying that the getUploadedFiles() method does not exist.  I am frustrated.

Here is the function I am call in the OnClientFileUploaded event.

 

 

function resumeFileUploaded(sender, args) {

 

sender.deleteFileInputAt(0);

}

Brent
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
3 answers
239 views
I have the following aspx code:
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcbEditProject" runat="server" SkinID="ddRegular" Width="375px" AutoPostBack="True" OnSelectedIndexChanged="rcbEditProject_SelectedIndexChanged">
</telerik:RadComboBox>

And I have this code in code behind:

 

 

 

Protected Sub rcbEditProject_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal o As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBoxSelectedIndexChangedEventArgs)
Dim editedItem As GridEditableItem = CType(CType(o, RadComboBox).NamingContainer, GridEditableItem)
Dim rcbEditObstacle As RadComboBox = CType(editedItem.FindControl("rcbEditObstacle"), RadComboBox)
Dim rcbEditProject As RadComboBox = CType(editedItem.FindControl("rcbEditProject"), RadComboBox) rcbEditObstacle.Items.Clear()
Dim dtEditObstacle As Data.DataTable = Nothing
If rcbEditProject.SelectedValue = "" Then
Else
' I have the code to populate the child radcombo box .....

End
Sub

Problem:
My RadGrid is in RadAjax panel. In the Item data bound for Grid I am able to populate the values fine.
My problem is when I change the value in the Parent 'rcbEditProject' combo box the selected index changed EVENT IS NOT FIRED.
If I have a break in the grid item data bound procedure it DOES trigger the Break point!
The other strange thing is that when I click the 'Cancel' button (see code below) the selected index changed event is FIRED?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="lnkCancel" Text="Cancel" SkinID="lnkGvEditText" Font-Bold="true" CommandName="Cancel" CausesValidation="False" />

Please help?
Thanks Sanjay


 

 

 

Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
6 answers
172 views
How do I keep the "Add Record" form open after a record is inserted?  Also, is there a way to have the "Add Record" form open by default?
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
5 answers
202 views

I have several RadComboBox placed in the EditItemTemplate

Of a radGrid, when I changed it into the edit mode, some of the

ComboBox becomes "transparent", some of them become text
 and the user cannot select anything.

This happended occassinaly in our client site.Attached file is the screenshot.

Any ideal about this?

 

Thank you in advanced.

James Faw
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
1 answer
127 views
Hi,

I'm trying to set the default font properties of the saved content.

I've got a RadEditor control, I'm setting the default font and text color for the editor like below:
<telerik:RadEditor runat="server"  ID="RadEditor1">
          <CssFiles>
              <telerik:EditorCssFile Value="~/EditorContentArea.css" />
          </CssFiles>
        </telerik:RadEditor>
Which works fine in the editor, however, when I save the content, using RadEditor1.Content, that styling isn't kept.

How can I set the default font and text color so that it gets saved when I save the content?

Cheers,
Ola
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
4 answers
170 views
I have spent 1 hour now looking for any information on installing that fucking trial version of the editor in my VS 2008. So far i have gone as far as unziping the file...


whats wrong with this???

can someone point to some link that explains how to install the trial version of the rad editor (which I only found as a ZIP) in my Visual studio 2008 so i can test it??
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
3 answers
130 views
The border color on most of the Sitefinity Skinned controls is
border: 1px solid #C6C7D2;

The border on the editor is
border: 1px solid #828282;

Looks out of place combined with a bunch of the other sitefinity skinned controls.

*EDIT*
Actually after popping around the demo site, it seems fairly inconsistent what color the border is...?  Plop a bunch on a page and it looks a bit strange.
Vasil Yordanov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
2 answers
92 views
Hi

We have our editor (version 2010.1.519.20) configured to use "PageTop" mode.  On pages where there is a lot of text (requiring vertical scrolling to edit content) users are using their mouse wheel to scroll up and down the page.  When this scrolling occurs the toolbar moves up/down the page (as expected) however the movement is far from smooth and the toolbar judders, flickers and disappears/reappears until it gets into the correct position.

A silimar forum post included a video which demonstrates my general scenario but as you can see the browser scrollbar is used (with slow scrolling) instead of mousewheel.  If you scroll using your mousewheel you will see what i mean (the problem gets more noticeable the bigger your toolbar)

Is it possible to make the scrolling smoother and can we in someway influence how the animation occurs ?

Thanks
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?