Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
423 views
Hello,

I have a problems with my radgrid control,(Plaese view the attached image and refer to the numbers).

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" Skin="Vista" AllowPaging="True" PagerStyle-AlwaysVisible="true" PagerStyle-Position="TopAndBottom"
                                    AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" 
                                    GridLines="None">
                            <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="PsPostID" ShowHeader="false"  
                                         TableLayout="Fixed" 
                                         DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" Width="840px">
                            <NoRecordsTemplate></NoRecordsTemplate>
                                <Columns>
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn ItemStyle-Width="100%"  ItemStyle-Height="100%" UniqueName="TemplateColumn" InitializeTemplatesFirst="false">
                                            <ItemTemplate>
                                                 <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
                                                    <tr style="height:50px; background-image:url('../../Design/BackGrounds/PostHeader.jpg');">
                                                        <td colspan="2">
                                                            <asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="100%" style="margin-left:-10px; vertical-align:top;">
                                                            <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="height:100%;" width="100%">
                                                                <tr>
                                                                    <td id="Td4" runat="server" align="right" style="height:10%;">
                                                                        <asp:Label ID="Label6" runat="server" Text="<%$ Resources:Resource, ForumsPagesPostsTableSubjectLabel %>" ></asp:Label> 
                                                                        <asp:Label ID="Label9" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("PsMessageSubject", "{0}") %>'></asp:Label>
                                                                        <a name='<%# Eval("PsPostID", "{0}") %>'> </a><br />
                                                                        <asp:Label ID="Label10" runat="server" Text="<%$ Resources:Resource, ForumsPagesPostsTablePostedOnLabel %>" ></asp:Label>
                                                                        <asp:Label ID="Label11" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("PsPostDate", "{0}") %>'></asp:Label>
                                                                    </td>
                                                                </tr>
                                                                </table>
                                                            </asp:Panel>
                                                        </td>
                                                    </tr>
                                                    <tr valign="top">
                                                        <td style="width:20%;">
                                                            <br />
                                                            <asp:Image ID="Image2" ImageUrl="~/registration-login/avatars/Default.JPG" runat="server" />
                                                            <br /><br />
                                                            <asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink2" Text='<%# Eval("UUserName", "{0}") %>' NavigateUrl='<%# "~/registration-login/SPages/UserDetails.aspx?userId=" + Eval("UUserID", "{0}") %>' runat="server"></asp:HyperLink>
                                                            <br />
                                                            <asp:Label ID="Label4" runat="server" Text="<%$ Resources:Resource, ForumsPagesPostsFirstColumnPostsLabel %>" ></asp:Label><asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1" Text='<%# Eval("UPostCount", "{0}") %>' NavigateUrl='<%# "~/Forums/Pages/UserPosts.aspx?userId=" + Eval("UUserID", "{0}") %>' runat="server"></asp:HyperLink>    
                                                        </td>
                                                        <td style="width:80%;">
                                                            <asp:Panel ID="ContentPanel" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="100%" style="margin-left:-10px; vertical-align:top;">
                                                            <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="height:100%;" width="100%">
                                                                <tr style="vertical-align:top;" >
                                                                    <td id="Td2" runat="server" align="right" style="height:90%;">
                                                                        <asp:Label ID="Label3" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("PsMessageContent", "{0}") %>'></asp:Label>
                                                                        <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
                                                                        <table width="100%">
                                                                            <tr>
                                                                                <td id="Td3" style="width:100%;" runat="server" align="left" >
                                                                                    <asp:Label ID="PsPostIDSessionLabel" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("PsPostID").ToString() %>' Visible="false"></asp:Label>
                                                                                    <asp:LinkButton ID="EditLinkButton" runat="server" Font-Size="12pt" Font-Bold="true" Font-Italic="true" onClick="EditLinkButtonClickHandler" Text="<%$ Resources:Resource, ForumsPagesPostsSecondColumnEditHyperlink %>" Visible='<%# Convert.ToInt32(LoggedOnUserID) == Convert.ToInt32(Eval("UUserID", "{0}")) %>' ></asp:LinkButton> 
                                                                                    <asp:LinkButton ID="ReplyLinkButton" runat="server" Font-Size="12pt" Font-Bold="true" Font-Italic="true" onClick="ReplyLinkButtonClickHandler" Text="<%$ Resources:Resource, ForumsPagesPostsSecondColumnReplyHyperlink %>"  ></asp:LinkButton>
                                                                                </td>
                                                                            </tr>
                                                                        </table>
                                                                    </td>
                                                                </tr>
                                                                <tr>
                                                                    <td align="right">
                                                                        <hr />
                                                                        <asp:Label ID="Label5" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("USigniture", "{0}") %>'></asp:Label>
                                                                    </td>
                                                                </tr>
                                                            </table>
                                                        </asp:Panel>
                                                        </td>
                                                    </tr>
                                                    </table>
                                            </ItemTemplate>
                                            <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center"  CssClass="PostImageGradient" />
                                            <ItemStyle VerticalAlign="Top" />
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                </Columns>
                            </MasterTableView>
                              
                            <PagerStyle Mode="NumericPages" ></PagerStyle>
                        </telerik:RadGrid>

1) How can change the localization of this sentence to arabic (Page 1 of 1,Items 1 to 2 of 2)
2) This rad has only one column (GridTemplateColumn column) which generates white margins (top, left, right and bottom), how can I remove them (I need margin = 0)?
3) As you can see in the left hand of the attached image there is a black vertical line which was generated by the GridTemplateColumn column. how can I remove it?

Please, I need your help,
It is appreciated to send me the modified code.

Regards,
Bader
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2010
19 answers
769 views
Hi All,
I've recently upgraded a DNN 4.8.0 module with an 'Ajaxified' Prometheus RadGrid. Everything works great BUT... When I add a second instance of the module to the page I get an error stating only one RadAjaxManager permitted on a page.
I suspect the solution is to dynamically register the RadAjaxManager programatically as the DotNetNuke core handles Ajax Script Managers. Does anyone know if this will work? And if so, any code examples on how to do this?

Thank you...
Digital Man
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Dec 2010
3 answers
284 views
Hello all,
we are facing problem in production server when using ExpandReurrence_UDF. dll ,Telerik.Web.UI.RecurrenceEngine.dll and ExpandRecurrence funciton to get the recurrences from server.
we have referred below a site and followed the same procedure. 
http://blogs.telerik.com/TsvetomirTsonev/Posts/08-08-04/working_with_radscheduler_recurring_appointments_on_sql_server.aspx

then it is working fine in local database server which is sqlserver 2008 and OS windows server 2003.
but when we try to our clients prodcution server which is sqlserver 2008 and OS windows server 2007
we are getting blow issue,

A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "ExpandRecurrence":
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
System.NullReferenceException:
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RecurrenceRule.TryParse(String input, RecurrenceRule& rrule)
   at UserDefinedFunctions.ExpandRecurrence(String recurrenceRule, SqlDateTime rangeStart, SqlDateTime rangeEnd)

Any suggestions would be highly appriciable,
Please help us it is very very urgent.

thnaks
Shashi
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2010
2 answers
168 views
I must be doing something very simple, but for whatever reason I cannot get any jQuery function to work for me.  It always gives me the error

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method

Here's what I'm trying to do:

 $telerik.$animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 500, 'ease')

And here is my scriptmanager:

 

 

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server" EnableScriptCombine="true"> 
    <Scripts> 
        <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js" /> 
        <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js" /> 
        <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQueryInclude.js" />
    </Scripts> 
</telerik:RadScriptManager>

 

 

msigman
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Dec 2010
1 answer
68 views
It looks like there is a problem with skinning native .net dropdownlist in Firefox 4 beta 7.  I realize this is beta, but wanted to bring it to your attention before it went to production.  Sample project available, aspx page copied below..  Works fine in IE8 and older versions of Firefox.  Skinnedddl.jpg is screenshot from Firefox.

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %>
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
 
<%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.DataVisualization, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
    Namespace="System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting" TagPrefix="asp" %>
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<%--<%@ Register src="UserControls/navtabs.ascx" tagname="NavTabs" tagprefix="nt" %>
<%@ Register src="UserControls/navheader.ascx" tagname="NavHead" tagprefix="nh" %>--%>
<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="asp" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Ajax" Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %>
 
 
 
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
     
    </div>
  
     
      <asp:ToolkitScriptManager ID="ToolkitScriptManager1" runat="server" EnablePartialRendering="true" CombineScripts="false">        </asp:ToolkitScriptManager>
        <telerik:RadFormDecorator runat="server" ID="RadFormDecorator1" EnableEmbeddedSkins="true" DecoratedControls="All"/>
     
     
    <asp:DropDownList runat="server" ID="ddlArea"   AutoPostBack="false" Width="200" >
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="-1" Text="Select County"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="26" Text="Baker"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="1" Text="Benton"></asp:ListItem>        
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="2" Text="Clackamas"></asp:ListItem>     
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="3" Text="Clark"></asp:ListItem>         
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="4" Text="Clatsop"></asp:ListItem>       
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="5" Text="Columbia"></asp:ListItem>      
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="6" Text="Coos"></asp:ListItem>          
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="7" Text="Cowlitz"></asp:ListItem>       
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="27" Text="Crook"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="28" Text="Curry"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="8" Text="Deschutes"></asp:ListItem>     
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="9" Text="Douglas"></asp:ListItem>   
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="29" Text="Gilliam"></asp:ListItem>    
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="30" Text="Grant"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="31" Text="Harney"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="10" Text="Hood River"></asp:ListItem>   
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="11" Text="Jackson"></asp:ListItem>      
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="12" Text="Jefferson"></asp:ListItem>    
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="13" Text="Josephine"></asp:ListItem>    
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="14" Text="Klamath"></asp:ListItem>      
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="32" Text="Lake"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="15" Text="Lane"></asp:ListItem>         
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="16" Text="Lane (coastal)"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="17" Text="Lincoln"></asp:ListItem>      
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="18" Text="Linn"></asp:ListItem>         
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="33" Text="Malheur"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="19" Text="Marion"></asp:ListItem>       
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="34" Text="Morrow"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="20" Text="Multnomah"></asp:ListItem>    
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="21" Text="Polk"></asp:ListItem>         
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="35" Text="Sherman"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="22" Text="Tillamook"></asp:ListItem>    
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="23" Text="Umatilla"></asp:ListItem>     
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="36" Text="Union"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="37" Text="Wallowa"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="38" Text="Wasco"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="24" Text="Washington"></asp:ListItem>   
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="39" Text="Wheeler"></asp:ListItem>
                                                <asp:ListItem Value="25" Text="Yamhill"></asp:ListItem>         
                                            </asp:DropDownList>
                                          <asp:CustomValidator runat="server"  Font-Size="8"  id="CustomValidator6" ControlToValidate="ddlArea"  ErrorMessage="<br> * Area is required." Display="Dynamic" />
                                           <telerik:RadToolTip ID="txtCountyTT" runat="server" Width="150" AutoCloseDelay="10000"
                                                TargetControlID="ddlArea" Position="MiddleRight" OffsetY="0" OffsetX="10" ShowDelay="300"
                                                Text="Required: County where most employees represented by this survey work.">
                                           </telerik:RadToolTip>
     
     
    </form>
</body>
</html>


 
Bozhidar
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2010
2 answers
399 views
I am having trouble getting access to the fields inside of an EditItemTemplate within a RadGrid. What I am trying to do should be relatively simple.  My RadGrid has RadTextBox fields inside of the edit row of the grid. In one of the columns I have an image icon, that when I click on it, I have a popup where you can enter an additional field.  When I close that popup I want it to do a calculation and write something to the subsequent RadTextBox field inside the edit row of the grid.

The trouble is that I cannot seem to directly access the fields from the client-side API like I can when they are ouside of the grid. I have tried several coding methods, but none of them worked, and could not find information in the documentation on how to do it.  Here is a sample of the current code:

<script type="text/javascript">
    var weightField;
    var momentField;
    $(document).ready(function()
    {
        armPopup = $('#arm-prompt').dialog
        ({
            autoOpen: false,
            resizable: false,
            closeOnEscape: true,
            modal: true,
            width: 50,
            height: 65,
            title: 'Enter ARM:'
        });
    });
      
    function openArm(field, wf, mf)
    {
        weightField = $(wf);
        momentField = $(mf);
        var myDialogX = $(field).position().left;
        var myDialogY = $(field).position().top - $(document).scrollTop() - $(field).outerHeight() - 60;
        armPopup.dialog( 'option', 'position', [myDialogX, myDialogY] );
        armPopup.dialog( 'open' );
    }
      
    function performCalc()
    {
        momentField.set_value(weightField.get_value() * $('arm').value);
        armPopup.dialog('close');
    }
</script>

The portion of the grid looks like this:
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn DataField="Weight" HeaderText="Weight" UniqueName="Weight" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right"
    ItemStyle-BorderWidth="1" ItemStyle-BorderColor="#cccccc"
    HeaderStyle-Width="57px" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right">
    <ItemTemplate>
        <asp:Label ID="lblWeight" runat="server" />
    </ItemTemplate>
    <EditItemTemplate>
        <telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtWeight" runat="server" ToolTip="Enter Weight Here" MaxLength="10" Text='<%#Bind("Weight") %>'
            Skin="Simple" Width="50px" runat="server"></telerik:RadTextBox>
    </EditItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn DataField="Moment" HeaderText="Moment" UniqueName="Moment" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right"
    ItemStyle-BorderWidth="1" ItemStyle-BorderColor="#cccccc"
    HeaderStyle-Width="79px" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right">
    <ItemTemplate>
        <asp:Label ID="lblMoment" runat="server" />
    </ItemTemplate>
    <EditItemTemplate>
        <asp:Image ID="imgCalculate" ImageUrl="~/Images/calculator_20.png" ToolTip="Calculate moment based on new ARM"
            AlternateText="Calculate moment based on new ARM" ImageAlign="Middle" runat="server" />
        <wyle:NumericTextBox ID="txtMoment" runat="server" ToolTip="Enter Moment Here"
            MaxLength="10" MaxValue="9999999999.9" Skin="Simple" DecimalPlaces="1" Width="50px" Text='<%#Bind("Moment") %>' />
    </EditItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

Initially, I was trying to do it exclusively from the client-side, but I tried to do some server-side code (that matches the above) to make it work as well:
if (e.Item.Edit)
{
    GridEditableItem gridItem = (GridEditableItem)e.Item;
    if (!(e.Item is GridDataInsertItem))
    {
        ((RadTextBox)e.Item.FindControl("txtTitle")).Enabled = false;
    }
    ((Image)e.Item.FindControl("imgCalculate")).Attributes.Add("onclick", string.Format("javascript:openArm(this,'{0}','{1}_txtField');",
        ((RadTextBox)e.Item.FindControl("txtWeight")).ClientID, ((NumericTextBox)e.Item.FindControl("txtMoment")).ClientID));
}
(The NumericTextBox is just a wrapper for the RadTextBox, but I changed one of the fields to be just a RadTextBox and the problem is the same)

How can I access and manipulate the fields from javascript?

Johnathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Dec 2010
3 answers
173 views
Hi,

I am using RadComboBoxes in ListView template. I have total 3 comboboxes. Out of 3, 2 comboboxes are firing server side events but first combo box is not firing the events. It was working fine before, suddenly it stopped firing events.

I am struggling a lot to find what went wrong. Please help me assp.


Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2010
1 answer
108 views
Hi,

I have a TreeView on my page which is bound to an XMLDataSource that is generated from a SQL Stored Procedure within a static method.  The method takes a single parameter and returns the XML tree-structure based on the parameter.  This all works great.

If I change the root parameter for the XMLDataSource, the resulting XML is all good, but I cannot get the TreeView to update with the new data!  I've tried everything I can think of, setting the XMLDataSource to NULL beforehand, removing any caching, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2010
2 answers
285 views
HI,
I using rad grid hierarchy. If i dont have any commandname for expandcollapse column the grid is expanding. But if have a commandname. The grid is not expanding. Is there any code do i need to write in commandname. Please help me. I searched online but i didn't find any solution. Here si my sample code

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RGCMnbr" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="false" Height="520px"
                                                                    BorderWidth="1px" BorderStyle="Solid" GridLines="None" BackColor="White" AllowPaging="True"
                                                                    PageSize="20" AllowSorting="True" OnNeedDataSource="RGCMnbr_OnNeedDataSource"
                                                                    EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" ShowGroupPanel="false" ShowStatusBar="false" OnItemDataBound="RGCMnbr_ItemDataBound"
                                                                    OnItemCommand="RGCMnbr_ItemCommand" MasterTableView-RowIndicatorColumn-Display="false"
                                                                    OnDetailTableDataBind="RGCMnbr_DetailTableDataBind">
                                                                    <HeaderStyle Height="20px" BackColor="#004000" Font-Size="8pt" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White"
                                                                        HorizontalAlign="Center" BorderColor="White" BorderWidth="1px" />
                                                                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                                                    <AlternatingItemStyle BackColor="#F5F5E9" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                                                    <PagerStyle BackColor="#F5F5E9" />
                                                                    <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="cmId" Name="Master" GridLines="None" ExpandCollapseColumn-ButtonType="ImageButton"
                                                                        ExpandCollapseColumn-CollapseImageUrl="Images/Right.gif" ExpandCollapseColumn-ExpandImageUrl="Images/Right.gif" ExpandCollapseColumn-CommandName="Expand">
                                                                        <DetailTables>
                                                                            <telerik:GridTableView Name="Orders" Width="80%" DataKeyNames="smId">
                                                                                <HeaderStyle Height="15px" BackColor="#004000" Font-Size="8pt" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White"
                                                                                    HorizontalAlign="Center" BorderColor="White" BorderWidth="1px" />
                                                                                <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                                                                <AlternatingItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                                                                <Columns>
                                                                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="smId" DataField="smId" HeaderText="smId" Visible="false">
                                                                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="SM Number" UniqueName="smNumber" DataField="smNumber">
                                                                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Sch Imp Date" DataField="smSchImpDate" UniqueName="smSchImpDate"
                                                                                        DataFormatString="{0:MM/dd/yyyy}">
                                                                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="SM Status" DataField="smStatus" UniqueName="smStatus">
                                                                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Created Date" DataField="smCreatedDate" UniqueName="smCreatedDate"
                                                                                        DataFormatString="{0:MM/dd/yyyy}">
                                                                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Created By" DataField="smCreatedBy" UniqueName="smCreatedBy">
                                                                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Approved Date" DataField="smApprovedDate" UniqueName="smApprovedDate"
                                                                                        DataFormatString="{0:MM/dd/yyyy}">
                                                                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                                    <telerik:GridButtonColumn UniqueName="EditSMNbr" CommandName="EditSM" ButtonType="ImageButton"
                                                                                        ImageUrl="~/Images/edit-icon-v5.gif" HeaderStyle-Width="5%" ItemStyle-Width="5%">
                                                                                    </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                                                                                    <telerik:GridButtonColumn UniqueName="DeleteSmNbr" CommandName="DeleteSM" ButtonType="ImageButton"
                                                                                        ImageUrl="~/Images/Delete.gif" HeaderStyle-Width="5%" ItemStyle-Width="5%">
                                                                                    </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                                                                                </Columns>
                                                                                <NoRecordsTemplate>
                                                                                    No SM numbers to dispaly</NoRecordsTemplate>
                                                                            </telerik:GridTableView>
                                                                        </DetailTables>
                                                                        <Columns>
                                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="cmId" HeaderText="cmId" DataField="cmId" Visible="false"
                                                                                ReadOnly="true">
                                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="CMNumber" UniqueName="CMNumber" HeaderText="CM Number">
                                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="CM Type" DataField="CMType" UniqueName="CMType">
                                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Dependent Sites" DataField="DependentSites"
                                                                                UniqueName="DependentSites">
                                                                                <ItemTemplate>
                                                                                    <asp:LinkButton Text='<%# Bind("DependentSites") %>' runat="server" ID="lnkDepenSites"
                                                                                        CommandName="Orders"></asp:LinkButton>
                                                                                </ItemTemplate>
                                                                            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Req Imp Date" DataField="ReqImpDate" UniqueName="ReqImpDate"
                                                                                DataFormatString="{0:MM/dd/yyyy}">
                                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="CM Status" DataField="CMStatus" UniqueName="CMStatus">
                                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="CM Step Number" DataField="CMStepNumber" UniqueName="CMStepNumber">
                                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="CM Step Status" DataField="CMStepStaus" UniqueName="CMStepStaus">
                                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Create Date" DataField="CreatedDate" UniqueName="CreatedDate"
                                                                                DataFormatString="{0:MM/dd/yyyy}">
                                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Created By" DataField="CreatedBy" UniqueName="CreatedBy">
                                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Approved Date" DataField="ApprovedDate" UniqueName="ApprovedDate"
                                                                                DataFormatString="{0:MM/dd/yyyy}">
                                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                            <telerik:GridButtonColumn UniqueName="EditCMNbr" CommandName="EditCM" ImageUrl="~/Images/edit-icon-v5.gif"
                                                                                ButtonType="ImageButton" HeaderStyle-Width="3%" ItemStyle-Width="3%">
                                                                            </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                                                                            <telerik:GridButtonColumn UniqueName="AddSMNbr" CommandName="AddSM" ImageUrl="~/Images/add-icon.png"
                                                                                ButtonType="ImageButton" HeaderStyle-Width="3%" ItemStyle-Width="3%">
                                                                            </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                                                                        </Columns>
                                                                        <NoRecordsTemplate> No CM numbers to display</NoRecordsTemplate>
                                                                    </MasterTableView>
                                                                    <ClientSettings>
                                                                        <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" UseStaticHeaders="true" ScrollHeight="450px" />
                                                                    </ClientSettings>
                                                                </telerik:RadGrid>




if (e.CommandName == "Expand")
{
    GridDataItem dataItem = (GridDataItem)e.Item;
    lblCMNbr.Text = dataItem["CMNumber"].Text.Trim();
    lblReqImpDt.Text = dataItem["ReqImpDate"].Text.Trim();
}
Srinivasa Gokidi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Dec 2010
3 answers
113 views

I've worked at this for several days and searched for a solution, found several portions and built them all but I still can't figure this simple thing out.

I have an Ajaxified Grid (EnabledAjax="True") in which I have GridTemplateColumn which contains an asp:Image tags to display a thumbnail of the image.  The image resides in the filesystem.  Works great.

In the EditFormSettings, because I have so many fields, I organize them into RadTabStrip and a RadMultiPage.  On the Photos tab, I display the three pictures (Thumbnail, Small and Large Image) in a div along with a RadUpload.  I can get the picture to display, my textbox containing the relative path to the image.  Works good.

The problem comes during the upload, I select a picture and press the Upload button.  Good so far!  I catch the server side postback Click event, find the control for the image, get the parent, then set the correct imageURL, the correct relative datapath.  All seems to work, but (and here's the problem) it won't change the EditFormSettings page to reflect the changes which should then post to the database or reflect the changes and allow me to press the Update button.  It just closes the form and every change is lost and the EditForm closes losing the changes.

Here is my click event:

protected void ButtonUploadThumbnailImage_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        Button btn = (Button)sender;
        GridEditFormItem editFormItem = (GridEditFormItem)btn.NamingContainer;  //Access the EditFormItem
        RadUpload upload = (RadUpload)editFormItem.FindControl("UploadThumbnailImage");

        if (upload.UploadedFiles.Count > 0)
        {
            Image image = (Image)editFormItem.FindControl("ThumbnailImage");
            image.ImageUrl = ResolveUrl("~/Images/Products/" + upload.UploadedFiles[0].GetName());

            TextBox txt1 = (TextBox)editFormItem.FindControl("txtThumbnailImagePath");
            txt1.Text = "~/Images/Products/" + upload.UploadedFiles[0].GetName();
        }
    }

My html example is:

<td valign="top" 
align="center"><BR>                                                                        
<telerik:RadUpload ID="UploadThumbnailImage" runat="server" Width="250px" 
Height="24px"<BR>                                                                            
AllowedFileExtensions="jpg,jpeg,png,gif" ControlObjectsVisibility="None" 
TargetFolder="~/Images/Products" 
<BR>                                                                            
OverwriteExistingFiles="false" 
><BR>                                                                        
</telerik:RadUpload><BR>                                                                        
<br 
/><BR>                                                                        
<asp:Button ID="ButtomUploadThumbnailImage" runat="server" Text="Upload" 
CommandName="Update"<BR>                                                                            
CommandArgument="UploadThumbnailImage" 
OnClick="ButtonUploadThumbnailImage_Click" /><br 
/><BR>                                                                        
<asp:Image ID="ThumbnailImage" runat="server" ImageUrl='<%# ResolveUrl("~" 
+ Eval("ThumbnailImageURL")) 
%>'<BR>                                                                            
Visible='<%# Eval("ThumbnailImageURL").Equals("") ? false: true %>' 
/><br 
/><BR>                                                                        
<asp:TextBox ID="txtThumbnailImagePath" runat="server" Text='<%# 
Eval("ThumbnailImageURL") 
%>'<BR>                                                                            
Width="200px"></asp:TextBox><BR>                                                                    
</td><BR><BR><BR>

How do I display an image using a relative path from the database, allow the user to upload and change the picture (or select one already uploaded) and then reflect the change in the EditForm but not save it to the database until the EditFormSettings Update button is pressed?

Thanks

Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?