This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Column Widths

3 Answers 82 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
WombatEd
Top achievements
Rank 1
WombatEd asked on 14 Dec 2010, 12:51 PM
My scheduler becomes unintelligible if there are more than two overlapping appointments, because the columns have a fixed width that really barely handles two appointments side by side.  I would like the columns to expand to accommodate an unlimited number of overlapping appointments.

Here's my Scheduler:

<telerik:RadScheduler ID="schPlanner" AllowDelete="true" AllowEdit="false" AllowInsert="false"
    DataDescriptionField="Description" DataEndField="TimeEnd" DataKeyField="AppointmentKey"
    DataStartField="TimeStart" DataSubjectField="Subject"
    DayEndTime="22:00:00" DayStartTime="06:00:00" FirstDayOfWeek="Sunday" Height="100%"
    OverflowBehavior="Expand" RowHeight="21px" runat="server" SelectedView="WeekView"
    ShowAllDayRow="false" ShowFooter="false" ShowHeader="false" Skin="Web20" ToolTip=""
    Width="800" WorkDayEndTime="22:00:00" WorkDayStartTime="06:00:00">
    <Localization ConfirmDeleteText="Are you sure you want to delete this class?" />
    <WeekView ColumnHeaderDateFormat="dddd" />
    <AppointmentTemplate>
        <%#Eval("Subject")%>
    </AppointmentTemplate>
</telerik:RadScheduler>

Thanks,

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Helen
Telerik team
answered on 17 Dec 2010, 04:47 PM
Hi,

Please try to set the ColumnWidth property.

Regards,
Helen
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
WombatEd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Dec 2010, 05:32 PM
Helen,

Thanks for your post.

My understanding is that ColumnWidth sets all columns to the same width.  So if I have 16 overlapping appointments on Sunday, and no other appointments on the calendar, and I set the ColumnWidth to 640 pixels (16x40) to accomodate the overlap, my calendar becomes 4480 pixels wide.  Oops.  ;-)

FYI: This issue has been submitted on support ticket 376590.
Helen
Telerik team
answered on 20 Dec 2010, 09:53 AM
Hello,

I've already answered your support ticket regarding the same issue. Please review our post and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Helen
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
WombatEd
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Helen
Telerik team
WombatEd
Top achievements
Rank 1