Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
134 views
Is it possible to prevent the client side animation of the RadPanelBar?
I use it as a menu, the PanelBar start to expand when clicked before it goes to the URL of the link.

Thanks,
Marc
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Dec 2010
14 answers
371 views

Hi

I have a large form (Approx 120 kb) in which i use a combination of Peter Blum's VAM controls, the ordinary aspx controls and telerik controls. In the page I have just upgraded the solution from Promethious 2007-Q3 to the newest version.

I tried to insert the Form Decorator to give the site a more complete look, and therefore I inserted the following line:
    <telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="RadFormDecorator1" DecoratedControls="All" Skin="Office2007" runat="server" />

When I open the page, the site looks fine an the Form Decorator works perfectly, but when I try to exit the page, i get the error:

Line: 6
Error: '_events' is null or not an object

If I remove the formdecorator I won't get the above error.

Because the page is very large, it makes it difficult to isolate the error. So any help or clues as to why this might happen would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Dennis Cassøe

Elias
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Dec 2010
2 answers
310 views
Hello,

I know how to access the controls inside the RadGrid for Grid's Itemdatabound and also the Grid's ItemCommand

I have a ASP repeater in the editformsettings and I am using EditMode="EditForms" in the MasterTableView.

In my edit form template there is a label above the repeater which I need to access and change its text when:
a button inside the Repeater is clicked. So I have the ItemCommand Subroutine in the code behind page which is able to access all the elements of the repeater with no problem but I want to also change the text of the label above the repeater which is a RadGridEditItem after the button is clicked in the repeater.

Can you show me how to?

Thanks,
Sanjay
Sanjay
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Dec 2010
3 answers
282 views
I'm having an issue with removing the padding to the tab name text in my RadTabStrip. I have limited width due to my customers current screen resolution. I have made multiple changes to the .css skin file and have found no resolution. Attached is a screen shot of the current tabstrip. I would like to remove all of the padding around the text.

Thanks in advance
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Dec 2010
2 answers
136 views
Hi,
  We are using RadRotator in our application .Its Working fine in IE.
But Mozila its not working . 

I am doubtful in the if stmt for the following line..
if (rotatorItem._element.all[16].defaultValue != null)

I am using the following code.Please give me any suggestions

<

 

 

telerik:RadRotator ID="RadRotator1" runat="server" Height="440px" Width="300px" RotatorType="SlideShowButtons" ItemHeight="100px" ItemWidth="300px" ScrollDuration="2000" ScrollDirection="Up, Down" OnItemDataBound="RadRotator1_ItemDataBound" FrameDuration="50" ClientIDMode="Static" OnClientItemClicked="showSelected" WrapFrames="False" EnableAjaxSkinRendering="False"

 

 

 

EnableTheming="False" OnClientLoad="Rotatorcss">

 

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

 

<div>

 

 

 

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" style="padding: 5px 10px 0 10px">

 

 

<tr>

 

 

<td width="71%" nowrap="nowrap">

 

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lblplanname" class="plantitle" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("plandesc2")%>'></asp:Label>

 

 

 

<br />

 

 

 

<span class="plandescription">

 

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lblplandesc" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("plandesc1")%>'></asp:Label>

 

 

 <

/span>

 

 

 

</td>

 

 

<td width="29%">

 

 

<asp:HyperLink ID="lnkbtndeail" Text="View Detail" class="plandetailslinks" runat="server" />

 

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

 

<tr>

 

 

 

<td class="plandescription">

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lblplanprice" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("plandesc3")%>'></asp:Label>

 

 

</td>

 

 

 

<td>

 

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

 

</table>

 

 

 

</div>

 

 

<asp:HiddenField ID="planID" runat="server" Value='<%# Eval("PlanId")%>' />

 

<asp:HiddenField ID="PlanType" runat="server" Value='<%# Eval("PlanType")%>' />

 

 

<asp:HiddenField ID="PlanStorage" runat="server" Value='<%# Eval("PlanStorageInMB")%>' />

 

 

 

<asp:HiddenField ID="planshortname" runat="server" Value='<%# Eval("PlanShortName")%>' />

 

 

<asp:HiddenField ID="PlanAmount" runat="server" Value='<%# Eval("PlanAmount")%>' />

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

<SlideShowAnimation Duration="500" Type="CrossFade" />

 

</

 

 

telerik:RadRotator>

Javascript
function SetSelectedPlanDisplay(rotatorItem, sender) {

 

 

 

if (flag != 1) {

 

if (rotatorItem._element.all[16].defaultValue != null) {

 

var PlanID = rotatorItem._element.all[16].defaultValue;

 

 

 

var PlanType = rotatorItem._element.all[17].defaultValue;

 

 

 

var PlanStorage = rotatorItem._element.all[18].defaultValue;

 

 

 

var Planname = rotatorItem._element.all[6].innerHTML;

 

 

 

 

var Planshortname = rotatorItem._element.all[19].defaultValue;

 

 

 

 

var Planshortamt;

 

 

 

 

if (rotatorItem._element.all[20].defaultValue != null) {

 

 

Planshortamt = rotatorItem._element.all[20].defaultValue;

}

 

else {

Planshortamt = 0;

}

 

var str = rotatorItem._element.innerText;

 

 

str = (str.replace(/View Detail/i,

 

""));

 

var selectedmsg = "You have selected " + str;

 

document.getElementById(

 

'lblselectedPlan').value = PlanID;

 

 

document.getElementById(

 

'lblplantxt').value = selectedmsg;

 

 

document.getElementById(

 

'lblPlanType').value = PlanType;

 

 

document.getElementById(

 

'lblPlanStorage').value = PlanStorage;

 

 

document.getElementById(

 

'HdnSelectedPlanStorage').value = PlanStorage;

 

 

 document.getElementById(

 

'HdnSelectedPlanId').value = PlanID;

 

 

document.getElementById(

 

'hdnname').value = Planname;

 

 

 document.getElementById(

 

'hdshortname').value = Planshortname;

 

 

 document.getElementById(

 

'hdnamt').value = Planshortamt;

 

 

 document.getElementById(

 

'HdnBindStorage').value = "true";

 

 

 

document.getElementById(

 

'trlblplan').style.display = "block";

 

 

document.getElementById(

 

'lblplanmsg').value = selectedmsg;

 

 

 

 document.getElementById('pnlRegisteration').style.display = "block";

 

}

flag = 0;

 

 

if (!canSubmit) {

 

sender.disabled = 

 

true;

 

$find(

 

'<%=RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(Page).ClientID %>').ajaxRequest("OnClickSearch");

 

 

 r

 

eturn false;

 

 

}

}

}

 

 

catch (err) {

 

 

 

return false;

 

 

}

}

 

 

function showSelected(sender, args) {

 

 

 

var showbj = sender.get_items();

 

 

 

SetSelectedPlanDisplay(args._item, showbj);

 

return true;

 

}

 


Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Dec 2010
9 answers
287 views
Hi! I'm using latest controls. I have user control loaded dynamically, it has RadGrid, which has DataSourceID set to LLBLGen datasources, automatic operations are enabled. For editing purposes I use:

<EditFormSettings InsertCaption="Add new item" CaptionFormatString="Edit Order: {0}" CaptionDataField="CustomerIdPk" PopUpSettings-Modal="true" EditFormType="Template">
            <EditColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1"></EditColumn>
             <FormTemplate>
...
.....
<asp:TextBox ID="txtDescription" runat="server" Width="210px" Text='<%# Bind("Description") %>'></asp:TextBox>
<asp:DropDownList ID="ddlPaymentMethod" DataSourceID="odsPaymentMethod" SelectedValue='<%# Bind("PaymentMethod") %>' runat="server">
</asp:DropDownList>

Problem starts with this:
    <asp:CheckBox ID="chkVATApplied" Checked='<%# Bind("VATApplied") %>' runat="server" />
<telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="txtFinalOrderPrice" runat="server"
                                     DbValue='<%# Bind("FinalOrderPrice") %>' EnabledStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center"
                                     EmptyMessage="Required" MaxValue="100000" MinValue="0"
                                     Width="80px"
                                     Type="Currency">
                                     <NumberFormat AllowRounding="false" />
                                 </telerik:RadNumericTextBox>
                                 <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator3" runat="server"
                                     ControlToValidate="txtFinalOrderPrice" Display="None"
                                     ErrorMessage="Total order price must be defined"> </asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
-------------
When I click update data is saved only from TextBoxes, DropDownList, but not from CheckBox and RadNumericTextBox. I can see that all data was loaded, but not everything is saved. Could you please hint what am I doing wrong, thank you!
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Dec 2010
1 answer
536 views
Hi there,
is it possible to use the RadUpload like the ASP.NET FileUpload here (where fuDocument is the FileUpload):
byte[] file = this.fuDocument.FileBytes;

Best regards
Ferdinand
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Dec 2010
2 answers
54 views
Hello,

I need to know if it is possible to rebind an EditForms dropdown based on the changed selection of another EditForms dropdown.

Thanks,
Rick
Rick
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Dec 2010
5 answers
176 views
Hello,

I'm looking for an example, how to use the load on demand mechanisem when my data source is a static xml,
and not  sql/mdb/datatable sources.

Is it possible to do it? or i must use the other sources only?
Can i get an example of that?


Thanks,

Oren
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Dec 2010
3 answers
158 views
Hello guys.

I have a doubt about combobox in radgrid.

My grid have two comboboxes (in two GridTemplateColumns) when in editmode: one for State and other for city. In the State combobox SelectedIndexChanged event, I want to populate my City combobox, but I don't know how to get the city combobox in the SelectedIndexChanged event of State combobox. I have tryed some like this:

RadComboBox ddlCity = (RadComboBox)RadGrid1.FindControl("ddlCity "); but it doesn't work.

How can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Rick
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Dec 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?